Status: Completed

Love? I'd Rather Fall In Chocolate!

Chapter Three

*~Still Ryan's POV~*

I woke up in a cold sweat and I immediately knew why. I had the nightmare again. If you were to have it, you wouldn't really think it's all that bad, but if you actually lived through it, it's horrible. My nightmare is when I went back in the house, and couldn’t fine my mom and dad.

Most people would just worry that there's a reason behind the dream. It just scares the crap out of me every time.

I glanced at the clock, 3:15 am. Crap, it's only been a little over an hour. I hope Riley won't be mad at me anymore. She's the only one that can help me fall asleep in these situations.

I rolled out of bed and tip-toed to her room. I opened the door and sat down on the bed next to her.

"Riley, wake up."

"What do you want?" she asked kind of coldly.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you before. And I'm sorry for waking you up." I whispered.

"It's okay. Dream again?" she knew me so well. I nodded.

"Get in." I crawled in bed next to her and she sat up. I laid my head on her lap and she ran her hands through my hair and sang a lullaby our mother used to sing to us. Before I knew it, I was asleep again.

*~William's POV~*

"Willy honey!! There is a young lady on the phone for you!!" my mother screamed, waking me up.

Every summer, I stay with my mom. My dad left when I was just a baby. So I come to keep her company.

"Mom, I told you not to wake me up when I'm here!"

"I'm sorry dear, but she says it is an emergency."

I reached over and took my alarm clock off of my side table and brought it into my line of vision. I was to lazy to move my head.

6:20!!! Whoever has emergencies before 10 should be shot.

Despite my current state of laziness I got out of bed and pulled some koala pajama pants on over my boxers, and walked downstairs, leaving my chest bare.

My mom handed me the phone and walked to the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Umm, …William?"

"Speaking, may I ask who this is?"

"Oh, um, it's Riley, from the coffee shop."

"Oh, hey, what's up?"

"I'm so sorry to call you this early, but Ryan woke up this morning and went to the bathroom to shower, and he was supposed to be at work 5 minutes ago. It's not like him. And I would just go in there, but he locked the door. The shower is on and he isn't answering my calls. And I'm to weak to kick the door open and I'm worried and I didn’t know who else to call."

"Ok, just stay calm. Has he ever fallen asleep in the shower before?"

"Yes, but he's a light sleeper and when I would knock on the door, he would wake up. And he never locks the door. Never. I'm just so worried. It's the anniversary of our parent's death, he always gets weird every month."

"Ok, just tell me your address and I'll come help you."

"It's 419 west 7th street. Please hurry William."

"I'm on my way." I hung up, no goodbyes.

I set the phone down, picked up my keys, (which were conveniently placed right in front of me.) and ran out of the house. Leaving my mother in the open doorway yelling at me as to 'where in the world I was going at 6:30 in the morning half naked!' I ignored her, I had a zip-up hoodie in my trunk I would put on if I needed. I may not look very fashionable, and I'm sure I have the worst case of bed head you've ever seen, but I am sure, ….Riley? Yea, Riley won't care.

I was driving on autopilot, I'm not sure how I got there, but I pulled into the driveway. I got out a little too fast, making myself a little dizzy, but I kept going anyway. Riley was at the door before I got there.

"This way." She said leading me to a closed door. The sound of the shower was clear.

"How long has he been in there?"

"I don't know, about an hour and ten minutes."

"Ok, stand back, I'm going to try to knock the door in."

She moved away and I backed up to get a running start. I ran as fast as I could and threw myself at the door. It opened with a loud crash and I stepped aside so Riley could get through.

"Oh my God, William. Call 911." I could hear the tears forming in her voice and without a word, I ran to find a phone.

"Does he have a pulse?" I screamed from the kitchen.

"I don't know! I've never had to take one before." She was VERY clearly crying now.

"Ok, I'm coming in." I warned her.

"Ok, hurry."

I walked in, and he was just laying in the shower, the water had run red, and he had a big cut on his forehead. Riley covered him up with a towel. My breathing staggered, but I quickly pulled myself together, and felt for Ryan's pulse.

"Yea, he's got one." My voice was monotone from the shock.

"The ambulance should be there."

"Yea, it's here. Thank you." And I hung up. He looked so helpless. He WAS helpless. I was so focused on him, that I didn’t realize the paramedics were here. I was soon pushed out of the way. Five minutes later, Ryan was rolled out of the house and into the ambulance, followed by Riley. Not knowing what to do, I jumped in my car and followed as close behind as I could.

Once I got to the hospital, the ambulance was gone. I ran to my trunk and put on my hoodie and some sandals, then ran inside.

"Ryan was just brought in?" I asked the lady behind the counter.

"Um, yes, he is getting stitches right now, you will have to sit down and wait for the doctors to be finished."

I sighed deeply and turned around to look for a seat. My eyes found Riley sitting on the floor instead of a chair. Her knees were to her chest and her arms were tightly wrapped around them. Her face was buried in her knees. I walked over and sat down next to her. Hearing the movement, she popped her head up and looked at me. Her cheeks were tear-stained and her eyes were blood shot and swollen.

"Oh, William." She said wiping her eyes. "You don't have to wait here with me."

"I want to, and please call me Will."

"Ok." She nodded.

We sat together for an hour then the doctor came out to see us.

"He has 80 stitches on his forehead. We think he slipped and hit his forehead on the faucet. He is still unconscious, and we won't know exactly what happened until he wakes up. You may go in his room and wait if you want."

Riley and I went in his room and each sat down. She moved her chair next to his bed, I kept mine in the corner. Riley called Steamy's and told them what happened. They gave both Riley and Ryan as long as they needed off.

Then we sat, in silence, and waited.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry ryans pov is so short.