The Boy on the Blue Moon

PROLOGUE - KELLIN

- Dude, you’re back! Where the fuck have you been? – Justin asked as soon as I got to school. I cracked a smile.
- Not important. I’m back for good – I took Justin’s cigarette out of his hand with a cocky smile. – What did I miss?
- You missed two weeks – Jesse was rubbing his forehead as if he had a headache.
- No shit! – I snapped.
- Some new kids, a new hot and totally gorgeous Spanish teacher – Jack had a silly smile on his lips.
- Well, guess who is taking Spanish then – I blew the smoke into circles. I had to roll my eyes at the stupid comments they were making about her ass.
- Oh, and you should probably be informed that Gabe has a new girlfriend.
- Again – Justin added.
- Not impressed – I mumbled.
They started to talk and try filling me in about everything that happened on those two weeks I missed. I just zoned out, I wasn’t really listening. I was so upset and angry that I could not focus on anything but the smoke coming out of my mouth and the first kid that will get shoved into a locker.
- I should get going. I have to fill in my classes and see whatever I’m missing by myself – I said while standing up.
- Okay then. You should probably talk to Gabe. We’re going to a party tonight – Jack winked at me and I ended up laughing bitterly. I walked towards the school building, making my way to the school’s office. It was so nice that people still respected me. I know, I’ve been gone for two weeks and in High School it was enough to make everyone forget who you are but fuck no, not me.
- I need to apply to my classes – I rolled my eyes at the woman that was glaring at me from her desk. She sighed as if she was not being paid for doing this stuff. I looked at my schedule and choose the easiest classes; I didn’t want to have much work to do. I really enjoyed Music class; I had to take Spanish to see the hot teacher Jack told me about. I didn’t care about the rest of the classes, I marked randomly.
- Welcome back, Quinn – she glared. – Your first period is Music, in room…
- I know where it is, thank you – I mocked. My walk to the Music classroom was silent. The halls were empty, I was obviously late but I didn’t care. It was tempting to skip it and go smoke in the back of the school, but I really liked Music class, I like music a lot. It is like the only thing that actually makes me feel better when I’m down, and believe me when I say that it is a lot.
- Mr. Quinn! You’re late! – Ms. Erbosa said with an upset frown.
- Two weeks late, to be precise – I teased with a smile.
- Take a seat, there is a spare one next to Mr. Fuentes – she pointed at the tan boy seating by the back row. There was something about him that drew my attention, I’m not quite sure what was it. He had deep brown eyes and a slightly curly brown hair. His features were Latin American, maybe Mexican. He was smiling sweetly at me.
- Hi, I’m Vic, are you new?
- You’re the newbie here, dude – I rolled my eyes. – I’m Kellin, and no, I’m not new. I’m just fashionably late – I cracked a smiled and Vic seemed to be confused, like he was about to ask something, but Ms. Erbosa continued her class:
- Well, I’ll need someone that can tune this guitar for me, and after we can get started on our first project.
- I can – Vic raised his hand like a kindergarten baby and I laughed. He walked up to Ms. Erbosa and she handed him the guitar while she explained our task:
- This will be a pretty simple work. All you need to do is record me a cover of your favorite song. I would suggest you to work with vocal and an instrument, yet it’s your decision. You have until Friday to hand me in. You can start rehearsing now, and if you need any help, come by my desk.
I looked at Mr. Erbosa with a frown. Seriously? Did I actually came to class for this shit?
- Mr. Erbosa, I just finished tuning it – I heard Vic talking. I decided to pay attention, since I couldn’t play any instrument and hell no, I’m not singing, at least not in class. And to think I could be smoking and killing time right now.
- Play me an D – she demanded. Vic automatically played it. She was not impressed by it, so I assumed this guy actually know something about music, a music nerd or something.
My whole perspective about Vic changed when he started to play for real. The melody was just so touching and beautiful. I could almost see colors coming out of the guitar while he was strumming it. It made me feel vulnerable. And when I heard his high-pitched voice singing along softly, it broke my shields and I broke down.
I have no idea where did the strength to run out of the room came from.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I'm Camila and I'm writing Kellic's POV. Cris is going to be writing Vic's. I hope you all like it!