Forbidden Love

One

Rachael's POV
"Come on Claude let's go! I yelled up the steps to my little brother Claude. Claude was only younger than my by one year and we live together.

"Relax Rach jesus." He said while walking down the steps carrying his hockey bag while I already had mine in my car. We were going to play the Penguins tomorrow night in Pittsburgh and I was curious about what kind of smartass comment Sidney would say to me. But for some reason I kinda had a thing for him. If I let anyone in my locker room knew that they would hate me forever and I didn't need anymore pressure than I already had since I was the captain and the only woman in the NHL. Claude and I walked out to my car and got in. We drove to the arena and boarded the bus to Pittsburgh. I walked on the bus and saw that there was a empty seat to my best friend on the team, Max Talbot.

"Hey Max" I said with a smile and sat beside him.

"Hey Rach" he said and smiled back.

"Is it weird playing the Penguins now since you got traded?" I asked him.

"It's kinda like a reunion. I mean I get to see almost everyone who was on my team." He said

"Oh" I said.

"Are you okay? You seem off." He said.

"I'll tell you later in the hotel room. There's too many people around." I whispered so no one heard me.

"Okay" he said.

Later that night we arrived in Pittsburgh and got booed everywhere we went. I got the most fire for just being the captain and that just made me want to play better. As soon as we dropped our personal stuff off at the hotel we got back on the bus and headed to Consol. I had changed into loose nike sweats, and an underarmour sweatshirt, and had my curly dark brown almost black hair tied up in a messy bun on top of my head. I was walking in the arena with Max and Claude on each side of me when Max saw Sidney walking out of the arena.

"CAPTAIN CANADA!!!!" Max screamed and Sidney turned his way and shot Max a smile and walked over towards us.

"Me and Claude are gonna go with the rest of the team" I said to Max and Claude and I turned away and walked into Consol to get ready for practice for the game tomorrow night.

Sid's POV
I started to walk over to where Max was and Rachael walked into Consol with Claude. Out of seven billion people on earth why did I have to fall for the captain of the Flyers and especially the sister of Claude Giroux?

"Hey Max" I said to my old friend

"Hey I think Rachael might have a thing for someone on the Pens" he said.

"Why would you think that?" I asked

"Well she seems like she's just off. She's normally loud and crazy but whenever we play you guys she's like a totally different person." He said

"Well her checks still hurt like hell" I said and thought about all the times she's done that. I actually liked the body contact from her even though it hurt like hell.

"But I'm just telling you a hunch Sidney. I don't know if it's true or not but who knows." He said with a shrug. I was hoping that it was me but that would just end in disaster since both of our teams were out for blood.

"Well do you have it narrowed down?" I asked him.

"No but I'll figure it out. I better go get dressed for practice I'll see you tomorrow night Sid." He said and jogged into the locker room with his hockey bag on his shoulder. I sighed and walked to my Range Rover and went home.

Rachael's POV
Where the hell was Max? Did Sidney kidnap him or something? I finally saw Max walk in and most of us were already in our gear and ready to hit the ice.

"I thought he kidnaped you just so they could win" I scoffed at Max.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he did." Claude added and Max rolled his eyes.

"Just because he's the Captain of the Pens doesn't mean that he's a kidnapper." Max said defending Sid.

"Whatever" Claude said and walked out to practice.

"He's a human being and Claude just doesn't understand." I said and went out to practice.

Max POV
Two hours later we were done with practice and we all went to our hotel rooms.

"So what's bothering you?" I asked Rachael

"Oh uh nevermind" she said

"No there's something bothering you"

"I'm fine" she snapped

"You do know if there's something bothering you you can always talk to me"

"I know" she said and walked into the bathroom to get a shower. I sat on my bed and thought about what could be bothering her. I made sure the water was running and I grabbed her phone off of the coffee table. I looked through her messages and and saw,

"I can't be with him Mom! He's on the team that everyone in the locker room hates!"

"Well if you really want to be with him you'll forget what everyone else thinks and just be with him."

"But then everyone will just hate me. Unless I get traded to the Penguins. And think of what Claude would say!"

I heard the water shut off and I quickly put her phone on the coffee table. She walked over wrapped in a towel with wet hair. I looked at her long tanned muscular legs. She was perfect and she looked nothing like Claude. She had dark brown almost black hair with chestnut highlights, with bright greenish blue eyes. The only thing that her and Claude had in common was their curly hair and most of the time she straightened it. She grabbed her pajamas and walked back in the bathroom an came out dressed.

"Ugh why can't live be easy?!" She whined and flopped down on her bed.

"It wouldn't be life if it wasn't easy" I said and got up and went to shower. As soon as I came back out I saw that she was sound asleep and I chuckled when I saw her drool.
------------------------------------------
Rachael's POV
The Next night at the game..........
We were skating around with us on one side of the ice and the Penguins on the other side.

"Giroux" Sidney spat at me while skating past.

"Cindy" I said with a smirk on my face. And he clenched his teeth and skated away. God that face was perfect even when he was pissed.

"I see you pissed Crosby off already" Scott Hartnell chuckled.

"What can I say it's my job" I said with a smile and Scott chuckled and skated away.

Sid's POV
When most people piss you off your supposed to hate them but not in my case. She was so graceful on the ice and I couldn't take my eyes of of her. The lights in the arena dimmed and they played the national anthem. As soon as that was over I skated over and met Rachael in the face off circle on center ice. We were both out for blood and we knew it. The ref dropped the puck and Rachael won the faceoff.

Rachael's POV
I had scored a hat trick one goal per period and Sidney had scored one for the Pens which made the final score 3-1

"Nice goal Sidney" I said with genuine smile.

"Wait you're not gonna be vicious like your brother?" He asked with confusion on his face.

"No I just act like him when he's around. I actually like you guys. You're a challenge" I said with a smile.

"We obviously weren't tonight."

"Don't worry Sid we'll see you in the playoffs" I said and winked at him and skated away.

Sid's POV
That smile just melted my heart. It wasn't a smirk it was a genuine smile and it was contagious. I smiled and watched her skate back to the locker room. I need her number maybe I can get it off of Max. I sighed and walked into the locker room and everyone looked disappointed.

"Don't worry guys we'll see then later and we'll beat them." I said trying to cheer my team up.

"Rachael too good of hockey player." Geno said.

"She is good. What if we could get her on our team?" I asked everyone.

"But she's a Flyer" Kris said in disgust.

"It doesn't matter. Maybe if you got to talk to her a little bit you would know what she's really like!" I said defending her.

"Sid, do you have feelings for her?" Duper asked.

"No." I lied

"Are you sure?" Nealer asked

"Okay fine maybe!" I said and half of the guys in the locker room just got wide eyed.

"You've got to be kidding me" Beau Bennett said

"Guys I'm sorry but think about it. Wouldn't you want a girl like that?" I asked and most of the guys nodded in agreement.

"Maybe Sid right. Not matter what team she play for." Geno said reasoning with everyone.

"Thanks G" I said with a smile.

Rachael's POV
I was walking out to the bus to put my hockey bag on the bus when I heard someone scream my name. I turned to see Sidney smiling and I walked over to him.

"Hey" I said with a smile.

"Hey. I just wanted to say that you're an amazing player." He said with a smile.

"Thanks that means a lot coming from you even though you're a Penguin" I said with a smile.

"So friends?" He asked

"Friends" I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Well since we're friends shouldn't we have each other's numbers?" He suggested.

"Yeah" I laughed and I handed him my phone and he handed me his. "Well I better get going" I said.

"Bye Rachael"

"Bye Sid" I said with a smile and walked back to the locker room with my heels clicking on the pavement. About ten minutes later we were all on the bus and on our way back to Philly. Half the guys were sleeping but I couldn't stop thinking about Sidney. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand and I smiled as soon as I saw who it was.

Hey :) (Sid)

Hi :) (Rachael)

You on ur way back to Philly? (Sid)

Yeah :) happy to be going home

Get tired of being booed lol (Sid)

No thought I would have to punch a couple Pens fans ;)

I see how it is -_- (Sid)

Yeah and they were wearing this douche bags jersey with a C on the front ;) (Rachael)

-_- (Sid)

Jk you're not a douche bag, Ovechkin is

You think he's a douche? (Sid)

He is to me

Why?

I'm the only woman in the NHL

Oh (Sid)

Well I'm gonna try to get some sleep. Goodnight Sidney.

Nigh Rach

I smiled an fell asleep thinking of Sidney.

"Rachael wake up" Claude whispered while gently shaking me.

"Thanks for waking me" I yawned and got off of the bus and got my luggage. I waited for Claude then handed him the keys to my SUV. I was way too tired to drive home. As soon as Claude and I got home I changed into my pajamas and flopped down on my bed an fell asleep. The next morning I woke up to smoke drifting up to my room. I ran downstairs to see Claude trying to put out a fire with a dishrag. I ran over and started helping him and somehow we got it under control.

"You're and idiot!" I said

"At least I tried to make something!" He argued

"But you can't cook!"

"Hey I should get brownie points for trying and not waking you up to make breakfast."

"You still woke me up" I grumbled

"Sorry" he apologized

"Awww it's okay wittle brother" I said in a baby voice and gave him a hug.

"Ew get away from me" he joked. I then got a text from Paul Holmgren to meet him and Craig in the conference room at the arena.

"I have to got to a meeting with Paul and Craig. Try not to burn anything." I said.

"I won't" he said and I grabbed my keys off the counter and drove to the arena.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked when I walked into the conference room.

"Take a seat Rachael" Craig motioned and I took a seat in a chair across from the two of them.

"Craig and I have been talking about trading someone and that's you," Paul said

"What?! Why?!" I asked shocked

"I think it would be best." Craig said and I nodded my head.

"Which team?" I asked

"Penguins" he said. I was smiling on the inside but I kept my seriousness on the outside.

"Okay. Thank you guys for keeping me this long." I said and got up and left. I got in my car and drove back home.

"Claude I need to talk to you" I yelled into the house and he came out of the living room.

"Yeah?"

"I got traded"

"What?! You couldn't of!!!!!"

"I did. I'm going to be a Penguin Claude." I said and he just stood there.

"A Penguin" he said with venom in his voice.

"Yeah" I said and started to pack some clothes. The Pens expected me to be there tomorrow to sign my contract.
------------------------------------------
The Next Morning
"Bye Claude" I said while giving him a bear hug.

"Bye Rach" he said and hugged me back. I got in my car and prepared for the five hour drive to Pittsburgh.

Sid's POV
"Okay boys we have a new player coming into the locker room today" Dan said and everyone looked at each other with confused looks.

"Who is it?" Kris asked

"You'll see" Dan said and I heard heels clicking on the floor just outside the locker room and I almost shit myself when I saw who it was.

"Hey guys" Rachael said while waving.

"Rachael" I said in shock and Rachael laughed.

"Hey Sid" she said

"Okay listen up. We have a game against the Capitals in two days and I want you guys to be ready." Dan said and everyone else got dressed for practice. I lead Rachael to an empty stall right beside mine as she started to put her things in the stall. She started to change into her gear and I snuck a couple of glances to my left. Her body was flawless. I don't know how all the guys in the Flyers locker room could handle her changing because I barely could.
------------------------------------------
Rachael's POV
Two days later before the game.........
I was walking to get something to drink when I saw all the guys playing this soccer game.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked

"It's a game where you try to keep a soccer ball up with out you arms" James explained while never loosing focus.

"Oh" I said and started walking away.

"Wait, Rach" Beau Bennett said "do you wanna play?" He asked while holding the soccer ball.

"Yeah I would" I said with a smile and took my place between him and James. Turns out I was really good at this game and I found out that Sidney was really bad at it.

"Come on Sid!" I said when he missed the ball again.

"I'm a hockey player not a soccer player!" He argued

"We're all hockey players genius" I laughed

"You know what I mean" I said

"Mmmmm I'm not sure you should explain." I laughed

"We better go get changed" Duper said and we all walked back to the locker room.

"I'm looking forward to playing Ovechkin." I said with a mischievous grin in my face.

"Are you gonna get in a fight with him?" Sid asked

"Most likely" I said

"So he starts it?" Sid asked

"Yeah" I said while lacing up my skates. We headed out to the tunnel and we started to skate out. The lannouncer introduced us ad they played the national anthem. It was finally time to start the game. Sidney skated to faceoff with Ovechkin. I stood right behind Sid and Sid won the faceoff. The puck came back to me and is started to skate down the ice with it. I saw that Sid was open and I passed it to him. He passed back to me and I shot. A second later I hear the goal horn. I had a big grin on my face and all the guys did a group hug with me. By the end of the period we were up 2-1. As soon as the second period started I skated to faceoff with Ovechkin since Sid was on the bench.

"I see Flyers didn't want a woman on team" Ovechkin said with a smirk

"Shut the fuck up"

"Maybe it was because you're a horrible player"

"That's it!" I said and dropped my gloves.

Sid's POV
Everything seemed to be going normal and the next thing I know Alex and Rachael are throwing punches at each other. We started to beat our sticks of the boards and I watched Rachael. Her 5' 8'' frame looked tiny compared to Alex's 6' 3'' frame. She must have really been pissed because she flipped him over on the ice and started punching him more. Then he used his knee to knee her in the ribs. A scream rung through the arena and she dropped to the ice. All I could see was red. I jumped over the boards and started punching Ovechkin myself. He was in bad shape by the time the refs pulled us apart. The medical staff was tending to Rachael and Alex skated over to the bench and back to the locker room. I talked to the ref and somehow I got to go kneel down by Rachael. Her face was full of pain and she was clutching where her ribs were. The medical staff carried her off the ice and Dan motioned for me to go with them. I'd never changed out of my gear as fast as I had then. I ran to my Range Rover and drove to UPMC.

"I'm looking for Rachael Giroux" I said panicked as soon as I got to the front desk.

"She's in surgery right now but you can take a seat out here." The woman said. I took a seat and waited and watched the rest of the game. We won 4-1 and I knew that the guys were playing their hardest for Rachael. About two hours later the surgeon walked out.

"You can come see her now" he said with a smile and lead me up to her room. I walked in to see her watching the highlights from the game.

"Hey" I smiled

"I saw you punching Ovenchkin for me. Thank you" she said with a small smile.

"He deserved it" I shrugged

"My hero" she said with a smile and I grinned back.

A few minutes later her surgeon came back in and said she should be back in for the playoffs which were about three months away.

"What am I going to do for three months!!!!!!" She complained

"Sit and watch"

"Well I don't wanna sit and watch!"

"I did when I got my concussions"

"It sucks doesn't it?" She asked

"Haven't you been out for this long before?"

"No"

"Wow what's the longest?"

"One shift" she said and my eyes got wide.

"Yeah I've been really healthy" she laughed. "Why did you leave the game?" She asked

"Because I care about you" I said.

"Really?"

"Yeah really" I laughed.

"I care about you too" she smiled and we both blushed.

"Look Rachael, I've been wanting to say this for awhile but I have feelings for you. I know you probably don't have feelings for me but we can hopefully still be friends." I said really fast.

"Sidney come here. Closer. Closer. Closer." She said until we were an inch apart. Then I felt her soft lips against mine.

"I love you Sidney. I always have" she said with a smile

"So have I" I smiled.

"What am I going to tell Claude?" She said worried.

"We'll figure it out." I reassured.

Rachael's POV
As soon as Sidney left I called Claude.

"Are you okay?!?? I just saw what happened!!!" He said

"I'm fine Claude. Sidney protected me." I said with a smile.

"I guess I owe him one" he said

"Well uh me and him kinda uh kissed" I said and the other end was silent.

"Do you love him?" Claude asked

"Yeah" I whispered.

"Well I guess if you're happy I'm happy." He sighed

"Really?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah I don't want you to hate me" he said.

"I could never hate you" I said

"I need to record that" he laughed

"Shut up" I laughed

"I miss you and so does everyone else." He said

"Awwww tell them I miss them too"

"I gotta go Rach. Talk to you later"

"Bye Claude" I said and hung up.

Everything was falling into place. My brother wasn't mad at me for loving Sidney, I was a Penguin along side my boyfriend, and now I was happy that everything turned out the way it did. Turns out that it wasn't really a forbidden love.