Give Her One Hundred Percent and She Will Give You a Thousand

Give Her One Hundred Percent And She Will Give You A Thousand

"So you're still sticking with not yet?" she looked up from the bench where she had been making my favourite before game lunch, spaghetti bolognaise.
"At this point in my career I can't have any distractions," I argued back.
"You're making kids sound like such a bad thing," she frowned.
"They are when you aren't ready for them."
"And what about me? What if I am ready? What if having kids is all I want right now?" she dumped the bag of spaghetti into the hot pot of water like she didn't even care if it splashed up at her before setting her eyes on me, "a relationship is supposed to be about give and take and you seem to be doing a lot of the taking and not much giving."
"Why are we having this conversation again? You know I need to focus on this game tonight."
"Oh my god enough with the hockey already!" she yelled dropping the spatula in the sink, "I don't care about your dumb hockey anymore. It's all you ever do, it's all you ever talk about and nine times out of ten it the reason we fight. All you care about is hockey, sometimes I even believe you love it more than you love me."
"Lucy that's--"
"Save it Sidney, I don't want to hear it anymore. I've had enough, let me know when your ready to grow up," she walked straight passed me not even batting an eyelid at me before continuing on up the stairs.

I know Lucy had given up a lot in her life to be with me; moving from her home and family in Minnesota, a normal life where her husband would be home every night for dinner and be there every morning for breakfast, and kids the one thing I knew she really wanted and I wouldn't even give her that.

I didn't want to be fighting with her about this again but as I walked into our room to find her laying on the bed staring up at the ceiling I knew she wasn't going to have a bar of anything I said. So I grabbed my suit out of the wardrobe and went into the bathroom to get changed. I still had the most important hockey game of the season to be ready for and I couldn't let the team down because of something that was happening at home.

"Will I see you there?" I questioned as I grabbed my tie from the dresser.
"I don't know," she was still laying there staring off, hardly acknowledging my presences.
"Look Lucy, can we not do this right now? I don't want to leave with you mad at me," I tried to sit down next to her but she pushed me away.
"I don't care, go play your dumb hockey game. I will be here when you get back."

I sighed and stood back up deciding that it would be best if I just did as she said. She wasn't going to talk no matter how much I pushed her and it was already bad enough, I didn't need to make it worse for myself.

I got to the arena earlier than I normally would have, a lot earlier. No one else was here and usually at least Duper would be, but there wasn't anyone else. I wandered the quiet halls until I found myself up in the stands, the ice looked so small from back here. It reminded me of all the games I had been stuck up in the press box when I was injured. Nothing ever felt right when hockey wasn't involved. That was why none of my relationships ever really worked and honestly I never really tried to make them work.

That was of course until Lucy and I decided we wanted to take another step with our relationship, moving from just being friends to dating and we never really looked back on it. She had been with me since Minnesota, sitting in the stands cheering me on, she sent me countless good luck messages when I was in Quebec and then when I got to Pittsburgh she had still stuck around and I knew I wanted her to be with me forever. So I married her, the first girl I ever really thought about seriously and I married her. But that didn't mean it didn't come with it's problems, it obviously did. I was one them, hockey was the other.

My watch alarm beeped telling me it was time to get going. I had to change my focus from Lucy to winning the Stanley Cup.

"Alright guys we have fought long and hard all season to get to where we are and Vancouver isn't going to let us take this away from them lying down and neither are we. We want this just as much as those guys in the locker room next door but we have to prove to them that we deserve it more," Dan stood up at the whiteboard, shoulder's squared like he was ready for battle.

The room erupted into cheers. The team wanted this so bad as the captain I couldn't let them down, I had to lead them to a victory they would never forget.

"Sid you okay?" Geno's eyes narrowed at me as we went through our final routine, the handshake.
"Yeah I am good G. Let's win this, for old times sake?"
"For old times sake," he smiled before nudging me out the door.

We took the ice as a team and I had to change my focus onto the task at hand. And that task right now was winning the cup.

Puck drop after puck drop we had possession, we had ice space, we had offense and defense that no one could beat. We had the game on our sticks, passes went from tape to tape and into the net. There was no way Vancouver could do it, it was all ours.

Geno put his hands on my shoulders and shouted over everyone else around us, "we did it Sid, we win cup again!"
"We did, nothing feels better right?" I let him shake me with all of his excitement.
"No only one thing better than this," something caught his attention over my shoulder and he finally let me go.
I turned around, my gaze following his to see him skate up to his family and there in the middle he was grabbing his newborn son Dmitri.

I suddenly felt like someone was stabbing a thousand daggers through my chest and just going to leave me here to die. Everyone around me was so happy, everyone had everything they wanted and more all I had was the cup but suddenly it didn't make me feel happy anymore.

"Where's Lucy?" I frowned as my mum wrapped her arms around me in one of her tight hugs.
"She's waiting back outside the locker room," Taylor spoke up as she waited her turn to hug me.
"Why didn't she come out?" I moved onto giving Taylor a hug before standing back feeling just a little lost.
"She seemed upset, is there something going on between you two?" my mum grabbed my hand and made me look at her seriously.
"Yeah," I sighed, "look I have to go and see her," I began to pull away, "tell Dan I will be back as soon as I can," I skated to the bench and stepped off the ice heading for the locker room.

Lucy needed to know that she was more important to me than hockey, our marriage was more important to me than hockey and if leaving the celebrations of winning the cup was how I would have to do it than so be.

"Lucy," I found her leaning up against the wall in the hallway, arms folded across her chest, "what are you doing here?"
"Just because I am upset with you Sidney doesn't mean I am going to stop supporting you and your hockey. As much as I hate that it takes you away from me."
"No I am mean why are you here," I gestured to where we were standing just outside the locker room, "why didn't you come out with everyone else?" I pointed down the hallway to the ice.
"Because I am still upset," she pushed herself off the wall and began to walk the opposite way.
"No Lucy just listen to me," I grabbed onto her arm and turned her to face me, both my hands latched onto her arms probably just a little too tightly to what I would have liked but I needed her to know how I felt, "I love you ok, more than I will probably ever be able to show you and I do want a family with you. I want you to be happy..."
"But I want you to want them not because..."
"Shhh," I cut her off with my fingers pressed to her lips, "I want to have kids, I want your kids. I know what I said before about not being ready because of hockey but realistically who ever is truly ready to have kids?"

“You know you really are an asshole sometimes,” she pulled my hand away from her face and there was a small smile playing on her lips.
“Yeah but only on special occasions,” I teased.

"What made you change your mind?" she reached out a ran her hand through my sweat drenched hair.
"Seeing all the guys with their families and how happy they were," I shrugged, "but I think what really did it was seeing how happy Dmitri made Geno, I mean seriously if that idiot can be a father I think I can too," I chuckled.
"Don't be mean Geno is a fantastic father," she shoved my shoulder playfully before grabbing the front of my jersey and pulling me down to her level, "but between you and me I think you could be better."
"I know I could be better," I tried for cocky but it was all ripped away as she crashed our lips together.

I couldn't really recall the last time we kissed like this, it would be sad if I said it was before the playoffs had started but it was probably the case. Hell I don't think I had ever really seen her smile so genuine since the playoffs had began. Hockey always brought tension between us and I knew if I had to change that.

"What are you doing?" she laughed as I pushed her into the closest room, lucky for us was one of the medical rooms with a lock on the door.
"We are doing something we should have done a long time ago," I crowded her against the table giving her no other option but to go along with what I was doing.

"Sid what if we get caught?" she argued lamely running her hands through my hair as I attacked her neck.
"We won't if you hurry up and get out of these," I slipped my hand up under her shirt and ran my finger along the strap of her bra.

"Since when did you get so feisty?" she smiled making me look her in the eyes.
"Since I realized how unimportant hockey is to me."
"Wow Sidney Crosby the face of the NHL calling hockey unimportant, don't let the media here you saying that," she put her hands on her chest and mocked me.
"It can be our little secret," I grabbed the hem of my jersey and pulled it off before going in for another breath stealing kiss.

I don't think I had ever gotten undressed from my hockey gear quicker than I ever had in those next few minutes that to me felt like seconds. Our hands getting in each others way as we reached for different pieces of equipment, all the while we tried to continue kissing and get Lucy out of her clothes. It was messy and if we had have just taken a step back we could have done it with a lot less hassles and a lot less knocking our heads together but we were impatient and I wanted her.

“Are we doing it without?” she bit her lip questioningly.
“And here I was thinking you were the one paying attention in sex ed,” I teased.
“Shut up, I didn't know we were doing this right now,” she pouted.
“Well what better way for our son to start out hockey then this?”
“Daughter,” she corrected, “and that's weird.”
“Just like us,” I grabbed her ass and sat her up on the table behind us.
“Sidney,” she giggled but let me step between her legs.

I couldn't actually believe that we were going to have sex at the rink, I mean my teammates and thousands of people were just outside, they were all celebrating winning the Stanley Cup and here we were completely naked on the medical table I had found myself on far too many times about to have sex.

My hands began exploring her body, caressing her skin in every way possible. I wanted her to know I needed her, right there, right then as I pulled her body against mine.

My kisses trailing up her neck made her eyes roll back and nibbling ever so lightly on her ear made it slip, “Sidney.”
“I want you,” she whispered in my ear... “I need you,” she begged.

As I locked my fingers with hers, I pinned her there, gently and aggressively but passionately and then I kissed her stealing her breath as I entered her.
“Shit,” she gasped wrapping her arms tightly around my shoulders.

We had never had sex before without a condom, I didn't trust birth control and having kids wasn't something I thought I wanted at the moment. That was of course until now. I knew realistically it wasn't all that much different but just knowing that there was no plastic separating us this time, I liked it.

At this point I knew we weren't just having sex, it was more than that. We were making love, I was making love to the most important person in my life.

I stared deep into her eyes expecting her to look away but she didn’t, she stared back wanting more and more.

The connection didn’t fade, it stayed and only grew stronger.

Both of our hearts pounded at escalating speeds as our sounds were restricted to moans and heavy breathing. I no longer cared if we were going to get caught, this was about us and that was all.

It was so hot it felt like a sauna as our naked bodies slicked together. It was always cold in these rooms but I was sweating like crazy as I tried gripping onto her, the one person I didn’t want to let go of, ever.

No thoughts, just pure pleasure.

I collapsed forwards onto her, burring my head into her neck as I struggled to get my breathing under control. I noticed the goose bumps running up her neck as I breathed in her scent.

I lifted my head up our faces merely inches away, my vision was completely blurred. I blinked over and over trying to regain my sight as sweat dripped down my forehead.

“I love you,” she whispered as she ran her hands through my hair. I rested my head on her chest and listened to her heart beat slowly return to its normal rhythm. I couldn’t believe that our lives were about to change, maybe not right now, maybe not this time but soon our lives would change and we would be happy. I would be able to look proudly at my son or daughter in my arms and I know when that happens everything will be perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys this is my one shot for a contest. I hope you all like it, I find it difficult to hit the nail on the head as far as Sid's character goes sometimes but I hope I got it this time around.