Status: Hoped you enjoyed :)

I'm Coming Home

One

I bounce up and down in my seat wildly, unable to contain my excitement. Today was the day. The day I had been waiting for for months.

Mama was going to hire a babysitter to watch me, since she didn’t want to deal with me while waiting at the airport. After all Granny had said, “An airport is no place for a little girl.”

I had begged and whined until Mama had finally agreed to take me along.

Now as I sat in my chair, I wondered what he would look like after almost a year. Would he still have the same short dirty blonde hair and shining green eyes that light up when he laughed? Would he still call me his baby girl even though I hadn’t seen him for a long time?

All these questions floated around my head as I looked back and forth, waiting for Mama to get back with our lunch. I didn't have to wait long.

“Here you are sweetheart.” My mom hands me a grilled cheese-sandwich and I quickly unwrap it and start to chew.

“Mama? When’s he coming?” I ask with my mouth full of food.

“Soon baby, soon.” She replies, patting my blonde hair. We munch on our sandwiches in silence, both lost in our own thoughts.

Afterwards Mama collects our garbage and walks to the trash can to throw them out. She walks back to me and holds out her hand. “Come on sweetie. Let’s go check and see what time his flight comes in.”

We head to the boards where it shows you the times and flights. Mom points to one. “Air Canada is supposed to arrive in 5 minutes.” She says as her blue eyes scroll through the information.

“So he’ll be here soon?” I ask, looking up at her. Mama scoops me up and places me on her hip.

“That’s right baby. He’ll be here real soon.”

With me placed on her hip we walk to where we’ll see him. “Will he recognize us?” I ask, suddenly worried. What if he’d been gone too long? Mama laughs.

“He’s only been gone 11 months hun. He’ll recognize us.” Mama’s words reassure me.

And 5 minutes later men start pouring out wearing their black and green cameo colored uniforms. Mom arches her neck to see if she can spot him. She suddenly points frantically. “Look, there he is!” She says, bouncing me up and down on her hip.

I push myself off her and she lets me down.

“Daddy! Daddy!” I scream, running to him as fast as my 5 year old legs could carry me. "You're here, you're actually here!" I can't even contain my joy and excitement.

He spots me and drops down on his knees. I run right into him and his arms wrap around me in a big bear hug. “Oh baby, I’ve missed you so much.” He says, his voice choked with tears.

“I’ve missed you too Daddy.” I say into his shoulder.

“I love you baby girl.” He says as he starts to pick me up.

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!!! :)

Please comment!