Quicksand

the chauvinistic pig

Theo was dancing.
That was never anything positive, and I could say that with full respect for my brother. But honestly, he should never dance.
Especially this kind of dance with hip thrusting and twirling around Demitri who sat with his arms crossed over his chest and an expression of loathing on his face. Theo then proceeded to shake his butt right in front of Demitri’s face, all the while chanting “I won the bet, I won the bet, I won the bet” to what sounded like an Indian chant.
“What bet?” I queried aloud.
“That Parker was gay,” Theo stuck his tongue out at Demitri who was still sitting with a vacant expression, unmoving.
“You thought Parker was straight?” I spluttered to Demitri who rolled his eyes.
“It was a fair mistake to make,” Demitri defended.
“He wears studded wrist bands,” I snorted. “How on Earth could he be straight?”
Theo and I high-fived before he began dancing again.
“Okay, okay, so what’s the wager?” I asked them.
Theo stopped dancing and smiled a Cheshire cat smile. “Ever since we’ve been 15, we’ve had the same bet,”
“C’mon Theo, don’t do this,”
“It involves nudity,” Theo grinned. “And although majority of the school is used to one of us running bare ass naked through the courtyard, many of the Freshmen haven’t seen Demitri’s penis, have they?”
Demitri moaned and fell back on the bed.
“The positive side with Demitri is that after he does this, he usually gets a lot of women after him,” Theo smirked.
Demitri picked up a pillow and threw it at his face.
“If it wasn’t for that mole on his but-,”
“THEODORE!” Demitri hollered.
“Am I embarrassing you?” Theo grinned innocently.
“If you’re not careful Theodore Trent, I will make sure you regret this,”
I shook my head, if anyone tried to run naked through the school back home, they would be instantly expelled. I guess if you had millions of dollars to spare, schools were a little bit more lenient.
“Well Demitri, I will look forward to seeing your penis,” I sighed, turning around.
Moments later, I was being grabbed around the waist. I let out a squeal as Demitri himself had picked me up and thrown me onto Theo’s bed.
“I’m sorry Beth, I didn’t quite catch that,” he grinned mischievously.
“I wasn’t being serious, you twat,” I laughed, smacking his arm to release me.
“Theo, did you hear what I heard?” Demitri questioned his best friend.
“Indeed I did. Beth if you want to sleep with Demitri, save all the awkward sexual tension and just say so,” he joked, however I heard the slightly depressing tone in his voice.
I clambered off the bed and gave Demitri a warning look. We hadn’t exactly realised how our flirting was affecting Theo.
And by the look on his face, it looked like it was affecting him quite a bit.

The following day at school was a brand new day.
Theo seemed to be cheery, especially when Kathryn ran up to him and proceeded to dry hump him in the middle of the courtyard. Demitri and I rolled our eyes and moved onwards.
“She’s always doing that, isn’t she?” I mumbled, adjusting my school skirt.
Demitri nodded. “You’ve never really understood just how awkward it is until you’re alone with Theo and Kathryn in a room,”
I shuddered hoping to never experience that moment.
It wasn’t until I was practically crash tackled by a little blonde girl that I got the mental image out of my mind. Mary-Ellen beamed at me amidst her frizzy, blonde curls and it was in that moment that Demitri slipped away from us.
“How was your weekend, Beth? Didn’t your friend come over?” she beamed.
“Yeah, Parker, it was so great,” I smiled. “How about you?”
“It was good,” she grinned. “So, hey, Kathryn came up to me this morning and she said her parents have gone to Bali for the week,”
“Fantastic,” I mumbled, that meant Theo would be out of the house leaving me alone.
“She wanted to have a gathering,” Mary-Ellen smiled. “Us, the boys and a few others, hanging out,”
“She really wants me there?” I questioned dubiously.
Mary-Ellen nodded with a grin. “It will be fun, please come,”
“If the alternative is being left alone in a huge house, then I guess I’ll go,” I said as Mary-Ellen clutched my hands and squealed.
However at that moment raucous laughter emerged from the front of the courtyard. Mary-Ellen and I turned to look only to see Demitri, stark naked with the only thing covering his shame being his satchel bag.
“Oh God,” I mumbled as Mary-Ellen giggled.
“We see Demitri or Theo’s penis like, once a month,” she explained, shaking her head slightly.
I giggled as Demitri winked at me, strutting around the courtyard as if he weren’t naked at all. Girls began to giggle and wink, whereas the boy’s were all laughing and high-fiving Demitri as he passed, only a few people looked stunned and turned away.
I guess it really was a common occurrence.
“And thank you, Demitri York for scarring me for life,” I smiled as Mary-Ellen linked arms with me and we both walked to our first class of the day.

Algebra that morning was especially dull due to the fact that neither Demitri, Theo or Mary-Ellen were in my class. I had entered the classroom to find that the only available seat was next to Crash, the obnoxious, muscled friend of Demitri and Theo. I rolled my eyes and hitched my back further on my shoulder, walking over and sitting down.
“Ah, Miss Trent, I was wondering when you would grace me with your presence,” Crash said suavely.
I shuddered. There was something about Crash that made me feel dirty.
“You and York are getting quite chummy,” he mumbled as the elderly teacher entered the classroom. “I was wondering when I got some of that attention,”
“When hell freezes over,” I smiled sweetly, batting my eyelashes.
“Ouch,” he smirked. “That biting hostility could be quite a turn on,”
I flinched and tried to focus on what the elderly teacher was wheezing about up at the front of the classroom. However, Crash was having none of it and continued to prod me with his pen and slip inappropriate notes towards me.
“Are you that insecure about your masculinity that you feel the need to act like a chauvinistic pig in an attempt to be perceived as a ‘player’ towards your buddies?” I hissed under my breath, angrily.
“Insecure?” Crash snorted. “You’re out of your mind,”
I raised my eyebrows and continued to write down the quadratic formula being taught. Crash was not paying as much attention as I was and instead focussed his attention on me.
“You know, Beth, if I leant a little bit closer to you, I could very easily see down your blouse,” he mumbled under his breath.
“Take a good, hard look Crash, it’s the closest you’ll ever get,” I said, feeling the anger bubble and boil inside my stomach.
Thankfully at that moment, the series of chimes chorused overhead indicating the end of the class. I hurriedly packed away my things, but Crash was almost as fast as me. I scampered out of the classroom with Crash on my tail; he slung an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.
“Urgh, Crash, get away,” I snapped, attempting to push him away, however those muscles were proving useful for something.
“You really should stop trying to delay the inevitable,” Crash whispered in my ear slowly.
All the students around us were milling around as if it were a completely understandable series of events for Crash to be propositioning someone in the middle of the hallway. I tried to move away from him, however, once again, Crash kept a steady grip on me.
“Crash, get off,” I squealed, turning a few heads.
However, those whose heads I did turn paid no mind to me. It wasn’t until I felt someone’s hands pushing Crash off me that I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Theo was standing between Crash and I with his brow furrowed.
“What was the one thing I said?” Theo said slowly.
“Calm down, Trent,” Crash laughed. “It was nothing, just harmless fun,”
“What was the one thing I said?” Theo repeated, snapping at Crash.
“Theodore, you should really know that when you tell someone not to sleep with your sister, she then becomes completely irresistible,” Crash smirked.
“Crash, just stay the fuck away from her,” Theo explained, standing at equal height to Crash although the muscle tone on Crash was quite superior.
Crash raised his hands defensively and sauntered away. Theo sighed and turned towards me with a pained expression on his face.
“Thankyou,” I said softly. The hallway was quite bare due to conflicting lunch times, so Theo and I were left alone.
“Don’t mention it,” Theo smiled at me. “Just please be careful around Crash, he doesn’t usually take no for an answer,”
My eyes bulged. “Wait, he hasn’t-,”
“Oh God, no!” Theo shouted. “No, he’s never done that, he’s just very persistent, and it seems now, he has his eye on you,”
I scrunched up my face in disgust. “Is there anyway he’ll take his eye off me?”
“Well, seeing as Crash has never had his eye on me, I wouldn’t know,” Theo said sarcastically.
I sighed and shook my head, we passed Demitri who was waiting outside his classroom, leaning against the wall with one leg up. Once he spotted us, his head snapped up and he gave us a confused look.
“What the hell took you guys so long?” he asked.
“It seems Crash has taken a shining to our young Beth,” Theo chuckled. “He wishes to, well, to put it bluntly he wants to get in her pants,”
I smacked Theo’s arm. “Shut up,” I warned.
Demitri laughed, and I wasn’t sure if it was just me, but I could’ve sworn I detected a hint if jealousy coming from Demitri.