The Boy Who Could Fly

Chapter 12

-Jenna-

It was shocking.., breath taking. I stayed for a while on that road even after Gabriel left. I felt frozen just like the world around me. That was who Vic was? This may clear up a few things but oh have so many more questions formed.

I teleported to Heaven now, a grand hall in Christ's Castle. It was massive with white walls and a pure gold flooring. I navigated around the different halls until I found the door I was looking for that led to Alex's office. When I entered the room an over whelming feeling buckled at my knees and then I realized I went through the wrong door and was in the throne room. I let my legs give out on me so I fell to my knees and I bowed my head, "Father" My voice trembled. "Not quite" A soft voice sounded from the steps leading to the throne. I lifted my head and my eyes locked with Jesus. "What's going on?" I asked. God is never away from his chair. "Nothing to worry about" He smiled then explained "Dad is resting"

I nodded and sighed "I went through the wrong door, I'm sorry" I shook my head in confusion "You're here for a reason" He said and began walking across the great big room over to where I stood. "Did I do something wrong?" I tried to play it cool, I knew it was about the information Gabriel told me. "Why didn't you take care of the traitor?" He brought his eye brows together as he spoke.

I gasped at what he called Vic then opened my mouth but a small voice spoke to me, reminding me what Gabriel said about not telling anyone. Does Jesus count as just anyone though?

"I was called by Gabriel at the last minute…" I lied. "I'm not finished with the…. Traitor. I will take care of the problem right now" I teleported out of there before anything else could be said, before he could see through my lies.

I went straight to Victor, not even bothering to stop time. He was alone, thankfully. "Jen-" I didn't let him finish my name. I took him by the shirt and quickly forced him into a closet as I heard Preciado coming this way. "You have to listen to me" I panted while talking to him. He opened his mouth but I covered it with my hand "No, listen. You can't come home. Ever. " Pain shot through his eyes and I knew he thought he was being banned from Heaven but really it just isn't safe for him. I shook my head from the guilt then pressed my palm to his chest. He groaned in pain but I couldn't let it stop me. Slowly words from ancient times spread across his skin then burned into his body, disappearing.

"Now they can't find you" I breathed in relief that it was all over now.

Vic fainted from the pain so I held him there in that closet for a little while. I'm going to miss my old friend.

I finally brought myself to my feet, him in my arms. I carried him to the messy bed that I recognized from the last time I saw him. I placed him carefully on it then held his hand.

Finally I teleported back to Heaven.

-
-Vic-

Loud thunder shook the house. A storm was passing slowly in the middle of the night. I pressed my back closer to Jaime's chest and used the blankets to hide under. He chuckled "The lightening isn't going to hurt you" He mumbled to my hair then tighten his arm around me as I shifted under it.

Lightening lit the room into a glorious glow but it left quickly resulting in another loud bang making me jump. Storms. I hate them. The loud startling noise, the danger of high winds or being struck by lightening. I loathed it. It made for sleepless nights.

Another bang. I jumped and then turned under Jaime's arm, nuzzling my face into his chest. "Babe" He mumbled. He suddenly shifted and reached over me to the bedside table. He pulled his arm back revealing a pair of headphones. He lightly placed the white ear buds in my ears "What are you doing?" I asked confused. "Shh" Was all he said before he turned his phone on, playing music. It wasn't too loud but loud enough that I couldn't hear the thunder anymore and only feel the ripples go through the bed.

Jaime pushed me back against his chest and I let the soft music consume me until I was floating in nothingness.

-

I've been spending pretty much every night in Jaime's bed now. A week ago was when I saw Jenna last and she told me to never go home. I grew scared, but not just for my safety, but for Jaime's. Bad nightmares come to me in my sleep when I'm not with him, ones of him being killed.

I shook my head. There's no time for these thoughts. I need to focus on the bright side, and the bright side is that there are no rules keeping me from Jaime anymore.

Suddenly a waving hand was right in front of my face. I jerked back, blinking a few times "You were so zoning out" Jaime laughed at my expression. I scoffed then rested my elbows on the kitchen's counter. "Its the weekend, what do you wanna do?" He asked while reading some drink can. "I'm open to suggestions" I said while staring at his lips as he mouthed the words he was reading to himself. When he caught me staring a blush spread across his cheeks and nose. "Good morning!" Andy sang while entering the kitchen. "Could you guys believe that storm?" He asked as he poured himself some orange juice. "Yeah, I'm surprised we didn't lose power" Jaime replied. This got my attention "The power can be lost?" I squinted in confusion. How can you just lose power?. They both stopped what they were doing to turn and look at me. "Don't look at me like that" I demanded sheepishly. Andy just kind of grinned then went back to what he was doing, Jaime though still looked at me strange. I stuck my tongue out at him in a mocking way then left to get out of these sweat pants.

As I searched my room a thought came to me... If the binding spell Jenna put into my bones means the Angels can't find me, and I no longer am allowed into Heaven.., Can I tell Jaime the truth?
♠ ♠ ♠
Accidentally put the wrong update on this story last time, whoops.