The Boy Who Could Fly

Chapter 13

-Oliver-

I sat behind the long table like I always do during Religion Class. Boring. That’s all this was. A waste of time. I rolled my eyes, glaring at the body of students talking with one another. They were so comfortable in their surroundings. They never sat in a special order, no, they would take all the chairs and place them in the center of the room like some cult.

I can't say its wrong though, I mean its not like Vic ever enforces order in this class. Even he hardly sits in his chair.

I shifted my gaze over to him. He watched the others talk in a laid back way. Sometimes I swore he glowed, kind of like those Angel's they speak of. I have to admit, he's gorgeous. I get lost in his eyes almost everyday, they held so much. I can tell he's seen a lot in his life time and he's not even that old. I really want to know what he's seen. He's smart, wicked smart.
Its almost unhuman like.

I grinned to myself.

Oh, what I'd give to get my hands on him.

I waited patiently for the students to pile out of the room. The clock had struck 11:30 AM and the class had to come to an end until it came back to life again but with different face's in two hours. I stuck behind so I could ask a very important question to Mr. Teacher.

The room was cleared now so I got up, slacking my backpack over my shoulder and strutted to the desk in the front of the room. I cleared my throat after a moment of just standing there and watching Vic fumble with a stack of papers. Apparently he scares easy.

He jolted and sent the papers flying around the air, over the desk and to the floor.

"Oliver" He took a moment to calm his breathing "Don't do that"

The express he wore was priceless, so I chuckled but never have I heard him use a warning tone before. Something had him on edge.

I gave an apology smile then went on with what I was standing here for "I was wandering," I started but he bent over to where I couldn't see his face, he was grabbing pages from the floor. He motioned for me to keep going so I did "Wandering if you were free this Friday night? ya know, for a date" I asked coolly and didn't let it show how nervous I really was.

He placed a hand full of papers to the desk, but it wasn't to place them there, he was steadying himself before getting back to an upright position. "I'm not" He stated blandly "Fridays are night classes" He half smiled then tapped the stack of papers on the desk to force them in order.

"Well, thought I'd try" I sent him a wink before heading to the door. I turned back when I reached the frame, a glint of hope that he might change his mind, but he held his mouth slightly open like he wanted to say something and instead of what he wanted to say, he just nodded his head "Have a good weekend, Oliver" He said through a half smile. I rolled my eyes and left.

After maybe ten minutes I let the rejection roll off my back, I mean it was a valid excuse he had. I would have pressed harder and tried for Saturday but I'll save that for another time. Asking him out wasn't exactly the goal of that conversation.

-

-Vic-

When Oliver left through the door, closing it behind him, I let go of the breath I was holding in. The door nob clicked telling me the automatic lock had done its job. I never had gotten an understanding of why all the classrooms must be locked at all times but I was glad for it nonetheless.

Oliver surprised me, big time. I've been here long enough to know what a date is, and I didn't really like the sound of it.

Slowly I gathered my thoughts then gathered my belongings. I was about to leave the room when I remember something. I walked back to the desk in a rush and grabbed my coffee mug. It was only half full by now so I drank all of it down, not wanting to worry about it spilling sense I was too lazy to find a go cup in the cluttered cupboards. With that out of the way, I jogged out of the building holding my phone up to see if Jaime called and sure enough he did. I slowed down at the steps leading up to the building and clicked the call button.

"Jaime" I said when the ringing came to an end. He laughed quietly then spoke "Don't turn around" his tone was cheeky. "What?" I replied and turned around, coming face to face with Jaime's large grin. My lips soon mimicked his smiling ones "What are you doing here?" I tried not to yell in excitement. He still gives me that thrill, those butterfly's, he has managed to continue making my heart race just as much as the first time I laid eyes on him. "We should have lunch together" He responded then his face fell "Wait, did you just hang up on me?" He tried to mask his joke with a serious tone. "Would you like me to call you back?" I laughed and unlocked my phone "So typical of you, you never take me seriously" His voice was just tripping sarcasm. "Drama queen" I didn't let him reply, I stuck my lips to his and he moaned against mine in response.

"What do you have in mind for lunch?" I asked when we parted. "Just follow me" He said softly then pecked my lips with his. I saw him hesitate before unwrapping himself from me and grab my hand. I knew people were watching, but I never said I wasn't into guys did I? I didn't.

He lead me through the campus for a while until we took a sidewalk leading to the city that was full of cars and people crowding it. Giant skyscrapers towered over us, blocking the sun and making it feel a lot cooler than it was. We walked for a while until he stopped and waited for a few people to walk by then continued into a small pizza shop.

Jaime went ahead and ordered one pizza to go. "We're not eating here?" I asked when he returned to me, holding my hand again. "Nope" He grinned, telling me he was up to something. I eyed him for a moment and I could tell he knew what I was thinking, it seems he always does.

While we waited we talked. He asked how my morning went and me being as comfortable with him as I am, I didn't think while talking and let it slip that Oliver asked me out. Jaime's face fell and I saw something in his eyes, jealousy. "How old is he?" He asked and looked straight ahead of him. "I think 23, or 24. Can't remember" I tried for a laugh but it was dry. Jaime doesn't get too serious too often, so I wasn't sure how to act.
"I told him no" I finally said when I couldn't stand the silence anymore. Jaime squeezed my hand for a second then looked down at me. "Have you ever thought about making what we have..., official? " He said hesitantly. I searched his eyes but they were blank now and just as I went to answer him, the cashier boy spoke up "Order 54" He shouted and got Jaime's attention. Jaime shook off the annoyed express he held before taking the box of pizza under one arm then grabbing my hand with his free one.

We walked a ways down the sidewalk in silence until we reached a rather large park. We had to walk up a hill but it was worth it to get away from the view of the hustling street. Now all we saw was the buildings reaching into the sky in the distance.

"I love this" I spoke in awe. "This is probably my favorite place to be when I need to get away" He spoke softly, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "That's a secret though so don't go telling anyone, and by anyone I mean Andy" He said into my hair. I snickered remembering how Jaime and Andy would get into their stupid arguments and Jaime would storm off somewhere for a few hours at a time.
"Your secrets safe with me" I assured him.

We made ourselves comfy on the grass and began eating away. I was actually starving so it didn't take long for me to down two slices.
When we finished there was no pizza left and we were sprawled out on the grass, my head using his chest as a pillow.

"You never did answer my question" He broke the warm silence that I was enjoying. "What question" I pretending like I didn't know what he was talking about cause honestly he was so cute when he was annoyed. "You know what question" He responded. I lifted my head slowly so he could see my put on confused expression. On cue, his face turned into an annoyed scowl. "Will you just go steady with me" He blurted, but I knew it wasn't an accident. I blinked, the confusion was real now. "Steady? Whats that?" I know I've heard the word, but it didn't fit this situation?

He took a moment then chuckled "You are so mentally old" He stated and grinned. I shook my head slightly with a halfhearted smile "You have no idea" I mumbled.

A moment passed before he spoke again "I'm asking you to be my boyfriend" He said, no hesitation in his voice.

I didn't have a reason to say no. I have these certain emotions towards him that I can't deny and now Heaven isn't in the situation.
The only part I wasn't happy with was that lies still separated us. I took a deep breath. How would I even tell him?

"I want to be with you" I finally replied and looked up to see his face, which was smiling wide. "But" I didn't let the mood sink in. "But?" He asked confused. "There's something you need to know first" I took a shaky breath. Was I really doing this?
"Vic what is it? You can tell me" He pressed when I didn't say anything.

My hand was shaking while it rested on his chest and finally I began to speak, "Jaime, I'm not-" I was cut off but kept my mouth slightly open.
We both stared wide eyed at each other as the hook from 'Stupid Hoe' by Nicki Minaj played from his front pocket. He looked awkwardly to his phone when he pulled it out. "Andy" He groaned loudly. "He changed the ring tone again" He stated when I eyed him. I fell into a fit of laughter at the song. He shook his head, declining the call.

Jaime opened his mouth to talk, but the phone rang again. "This better be important" He groaned into the phone. "What do you mean? Are you high?" He accused. I scoffed then grinned as I laid my head back on his chest, knowing this was just a typical dramatic call from Andy. "Okay, okay. No I have today off from that. Alright we'll be there soon" He hung up the phone. "What?" I asked about the last part he said to Andy.
"I think he used drugs, he's tripping out big time saying there is fire on the walls but it isn't burning anything" He shook his head but I grew pale. "We need to go" I jumped up from the ground and grabbed our trash and crammed it into the small bin.

It sounds bad but I hope Jaime is right and Andy is just 'tripping out'.