The Boy Who Could Fly

Chapter 1

-Vic's POV-

I roamed the skies of a sinful earth. The battle ground of angels, blood of the fallen is soaked into the sand.
A battle has just been fought and now we search for anyone still alive.
It bothered me that so many brother's and sister's are dead now. It makes me question if we are as strong as we believe ourselves to be.
Is there even a place for angels that die? Or do we just float in eternal darkness? No one has the answers I'm looking for and if they do they aren't saying a word of it.

I lowered myself closer to the ground, blowing sand and stone across the land as great wind hits it.
planting my feet firmly to the rusted color dirt, I walked over to a beautiful angel with blonde hair.

"Jenna" I said, walking up to her "Any survivors?" I asked, Hopeful yet unsure.
"No.., No survivors" She shook her head and the weak smile she wore soon faded as she looked to the ground.

I felt the concern build up inside of me at the reality of our family being torn apart.

"Look.., We begin our new work tomorrow. We should probably go home and prepare" She said and nudged my shoulder "We're going to be okay" She added with a smile that seemed genuine.
"I suppose you're right." I smiled back before lifting myself up into the grey sky.

Together we found our way home.

-

After the deaths of many angels we were all assigned to new positions, trying to keep Heaven on top of its game in a time of crises.
It was difficult to think of going into a new job, one I was obviously not made for since I was doing something else before hand But it has to be done.

I stood in a line that filed into one of Heavens main offices, waiting to be told where to go next. The room we stood in was rather large and plain white all around. It was honestly boring but guess they aren't really trying to impress anyone. The line moved slowly but finally it was my turn to step through the door that held my future on the other side.

Closing the door behind me, the room I entered was much smaller than the last one but still just as white. A desk sat in the middle and an angel of higher rank than myself sat behind it. I chewed my lips holding back any nervous impulses that flooded my veins. I sat down quietly in a white chair in front of the desk and folded my hands on my lap, waiting for the other angel to say something.

He stared at me for a moment, tapping his pin on a piece of paper. "Victor" He spoke "You're reassigned to guardianship" The angels face was hard to read, it was simply a flat line. I nodded my head, looking to the white floor. I knew better than to question instruction such as this but it left a bad taste in my mouth. "Take this permission slip and you may go" He held a folded piece of paper between two fingers out to me. Hesitantly I took it and left the office. Above the door a light turned green, signaling the next person to enter.

The realization hit me, I have to leave Heaven. Guardianship means I have the duty to protect one person..., on Earth. I have to be human, Well at least act like I'm a normal human. It would be against guardian rules to leave Earth, if I left Earth than all ties between me and the person I'm protecting are severed and I would have no idea if they are safe or not. But I can't leave my family here, they are all I have. What if I never see them again?

I shook my head trying to clear all of those thoughts, It was no use to think this way cause in the end it isn't my choice, I have to do what I am told.

Taking in a deep breath I walk my way up a massive stairway that supported an arch portal leading to earth, one of Gods greatest creations.
I didn't have any time to say goodbye to anyone, all newly assigned positions are immediate affect. When I reached the top, a lady angel stood in front of the archway. She was joined by two sword wielding guards that looked quite fierce. I handed her the permission form and watched as she read it over "Alright Victor, You are assigned to a male named Jaime Preciado" She smiled handing me a different folded piece of paper.
"That paper has all the information you'll need. You will need to read it over many times when you get to Earth" Her eyes followed my hands as I tucked the piece of paper into the pocket of my white jeans. "Any questions?" She asked. I shook my head "No" I told her and smiled. Everything I need to know was already pounded into my head before I learned how to fly. "You are clear to leave than" She nodded and motioned for the guards to open the gate separating Heaven from Earth.

My eyes widened in awe at the sight of a blue sky that was unlike anything I have ever seen before. I stood before the portal that glowed a beautiful shade of white and counted my blessings before taking flight into a world I have never seen before.