The Boy Who Could Fly

Chapter 19

-Vic-

I walked for a long time on the outskirts of the city. I needed to clear my head and figure out why this over whelming feeling of being sick had washed over me. The sun was just starting to rise, casting a lovely warm looking glow over the world around me. People were coming alive from a nights rest, I could see the lights beginning to turn on in the windows of houses. I continued to walk though, not even sure I want to go into work today. I could just play hooky, call in sick. But that was be a lie. Why would I worry about lying though? That’s what frustrates me the most. I'm no longer an Angel of heaven so why do I still care so much about doing good? Angels fall all the time and have no remorse, how am I any different?

I shook my head. These thoughts are killing me. I continued to walk down the sidewalk until I was in front of my house. The lights in the kitchen were on so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go in, but I did anyways. After passing the front door threshold I made sure to close the door so softly that not even a cat would hear it.

"Vic is that you?" Andy called from the kitchen, but not loud enough to wake up Jaime. I sighed, slumping back on the closed door. How does he do that? "Yeah its me" I responded quietly while walking past him to get to the fridge. "Satan called" Andy said casually. I froze in my place, Milk carton in hand. Slowly I turned to face him. "He said he wants your head on a stick" Andy said with a mouth full of food. I swallowed hard, my face flushing. I opened my mouth to say something but I was interrupted "Dude, I'm just fucking with you" Instantly I relaxed and set the milk down on the counter. My face turned into one of annoyance "Don't do that" I said sternly then went to the cabinet to pull out a clear glass. "Wait.." Andy said and paused. "Satan is a real thing?" He asked. I looked at him with a 'really' face "Of course he is. But he's not the one you should worry about." I said and poured my milk. This got his attention. "Who should I worry about?" He asked and stood up to lean across the counter on the other side of me. "His father, Lucifer" I said in an almost dramatic tone. Andy's eyes grew big "But I thought Satan and Lucifer were the same person" He stated. "Oh Heavens no" I responded then looked him in the eyes. "Demons, Lucifer, Satan, the Devil" I said, practically whispering now. "They're all real. And you want to know what the ironic thing is? The only humans they can kill are ones with pale skin, and bright blue eyes" I finished, being a little over dramatic. Andy caught on quickly and scoffed. "Now you're just messing with me" He stated but I simply grinned and took a sip from my glass. "Maybe I am. But I have work to get to so now you'll never know" I said quickly and with a snap of my fingers I was dressed in an outfit suitable for a teacher.
"Not fair" Andy said as I was walking out the door. I honestly didn't care to respond. I just wanted to get out of the house. I wasn't ready to face Jaime yet.

-

The campus was busy as classes were either letting out or about to start. In my normal routine I weaved through the courtyard. When I finally reached the door of my first class there was a piece of paper on it saying class was canceled.
"What?" I mumbled under my breath. "Didn't you get the memo?" A woman's came from behind me. I rolled my eyes already knowing it was the teacher I replaced. "You don't have the authority to cancel my own class" I said in annoyance. "Well I did anyways" she said, acting all innocent. I rolled my eyes and stepped towards her. "Don't ever do that again" I said threateningly. She can't just do this. Why would she do this? "You took my job. And you're not even old enough to be an instructor!" She said, raising her voice. I scoffed at her. She narrowed her eyes at me as if in deep thought. "There's something going on here and I'm going to figure out what it is" She seethed then turned sharp and strutted down the hall going past a confused Oliver.

"Who pissed in her cheerios ?" Oliver asked rhetorically in his thick British accent. I stayed silent though, trying to figure out what she was talking about. What was there to even figure out? Sure there's a lot to me she doesn't know but its not any of her business so why does she care so much? "Class is canceled" I said in monotone to Oliver before turning my back to him to walk away. "Wait, we need to talk!" He practically shouted at me. "About what?" I said, throwing my hands in the air. "About the fact that you're a fucking Angel!" He said, raising his voice too high. In one swift move I had his back to the cement wall and my hand over his mouth. "Careful what you say" I seethed. Oliver glared daggers at me so I removed my hand, taking only a few steps away. "What is there to talk about" I said quieter now. "I want answers" He said slowly but it only made me more annoyed. "To what? It seems pretty plain and simple to me!" I said still trying to keep my voice down but it was so hard with how angry I was getting. Oliver's complete demeanor changed in a split second. It almost seemed like whatever answer he wanted, he got. "Never mind. I have to go" He said abruptly then turned the hallway, leaving. What was that? This day can't get any weirder.

-

-Third person-

Lzzy Hale. Pronounced Lizzy. A woman who aims high but gets to her goals in an easy and dirty way. Sh'se not dumb though. People often call her psychic because of how she can tell when someone is lying. Like the sneaky witch she is she stopped halfway down the hallway when an arrange of loud voices caught her ears. She turned backed and rushed passed class rooms until she reached the corner of the hallway she had just left. Oliver, a student of the class she once taught never did learn how to keep his voice down. "About the fact that you're a fucking Angel!" Oliver shouted. Lzzy gasped but covered her mouth so no one would here. A sudden thump hit the wall. The other man had Oliver against it. Whatever he said next she didn't quite here, but than again she didn't need to. All those years of college taught her how to put puzzle pieces together and of course the fact she taught religion helped her to find out exactly what she was looking for. With no waste in time she sprinted down the hall, heels in hand. She didn't stop running. She ran all the way to the president of the university's office. Out of breath she fixed her hair quickly using her phone then slid her heels back on like a lady and made her way sauntering through the presidents office door. "I have some big news. But keep an open mind" She said, still out of breath. Dean, the president, looked at her from the document he was reading over "You look like a mess" He stated blandly. She sucked in a breath but brushed the insult off. "That teacher you hired for Religion112, he's not normal" She said with a hint of a grin over her lips. But then she realized something, Dean would only think she was crazy. She might even get fired for good with her outrageous information. "Okay go on" He said only seeming mildly interested. "I can't tell you" She said, shocked at her own words. "When I gchet proof I'll tell you" She finished. Dean forwarded his eyebrows in confusion but she was gone before he could question her. He was pleasantly surprised though "Bout time someone caught on" He said and grinned.