The Boy Who Could Fly

Chapter 2

-Vic's POV 2 years later-

The night was young as I sat in a local Bar talking to some man I had just met. His darling smile charmed me, I found that quite odd but didn't bother to think too much about it.

"I have to go now..., My band is playing the show here tonight" He said, giving an apologizing smile.
"Have a good show" I said to him.

Before he left he slipped me a small piece of paper, then shoved his way through the dance floor crowed. I unfolded the tiny paper and saw it had a phone number on it. Sadly though, I still can't figure out how to use one of those wretched device's.

The people in the Bar began applauding as the band took the stage. I took note that the man I was just speaking with was their bass player, And something about him feels oddly familiar but I couldn't process why. When the lead vocals began to sing I cringed at the horrible voice.

"Yeah they suck, Don't they" The Bar tender stated while handing me my second Beer.
I breathed a laugh, "The band is really good. But the singer needs to go" I took a quick swig from my bottle and the Bar tender nodded in agreement.

-Later that night-

After I got back to my house, I hunted down my house mate that I've been letting stay here as long as he payed rent and bought his own food.

I found Andy in the kitchen preparing himself something to eat.
"I need you to help me" I said to him, Holding out the so called smart phone I had bought months ago.
He rolled his eyes as this is probably the 20th time I needed his help to use some technical device.

Andy managed to show me how to use it well enough so I can contact that man I met at the Bar and find out why he seems so familiar.
After talking to him over the phone for a few minutes, I found out his name is Jaime.

-

-One week later-

A loud knock came from the other side of the front door, I eyed the door while making my way down the stairs, not expecting any guests. I pulled the door open to see Jaime standing on the other side of the frame. "Hey..," He smiled, "Sorry to come so unexpectedly like this, but I was wondering if I could maybe stay at your place for a few nights?" He smiled sheepishly, looking down at me. "I don't mind. Did something happen though?" I asked, forwarding my eyebrows in curiosity. He scratched the back of his head and shifted "I didn't exactly have the money to pay rent for the apartment I was staying at so the owner kicked me out" He bit his lip and I felt my face heat at his movement. "Well, stay as long as you need to" I told him before letting him inside.

-

-Few months later-

I'm letting Jaime rent a room now at my house, like Andy does. It makes my job so much easier to just have him right here living in the same home, plus I enjoy his company.

I've tried everything in my power to contact Heaven but it seems no one cares to answer any of my calls for help. I have no clue whats going on anymore and it scares me, I press through though and keep doing my job. But I realized the more I'm away from my real home, the more I'm forgetting things.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is more of a filler chapter. I'm trying to add some background before getting to the main story.