The Boy Who Could Fly

Chapter 3

-Three years down the road-

Jaime and I sat across from each other on his bed, the tension was growing thick and I just had this feeling that something funny was going on. Jaime bit his lip, staring at the duvet cover on the bed.
"Vic, there's something I have to tell you" He spoke with a nervous tone. I watched him carefully and hoped it wasn't bad news. "What is it than?" I asked after the silence bled for too long.

"I like you..., A lot" A faint red tent spread across Jaime's face as he looked into my eyes.
A soft giggle escaped my lips"Yeah, I like you too Jaime" I smiled.
"No., I mean I really like you. As in more than friends.." Jaime trailed off, the red on his face deepening.
I blinked a few time's as the realization came forth. He liked me.. but I don't feel the same for him, I'm not allowed to.

Jaime shook his head and made a swift move towards me, pulling me into a hungry kiss that left both of us absolutely speechless. There was something in Jaime's eyes that I have never seen before but It was obvious to me what it was.., lust. Sinful thoughts flooded my mind, leaving me scared as we kissed and teased one another. It was something so foreign but yet came so natural.

Before I could process what was going on, we both were naked on the bed, the touch of his skin making me quiver and sending raw emotions through my body. Something surfaced inside of me and I realize that I do have those special feelings for him. But just as the sweet feelings filled my heart, long forgotten memories filled my mind, ones from Heaven, things I shouldn't have forgotten.

I gasped when the scenes from long ago fogged over my mind, and I shoved Jaime off quickly, "I can't do this" I said winded, and pulled my pants on before leaving the room quick as possible.
I made it to the bathroom, locking the door behind me and slid my back down the wall. Tears fled over the brims of my eyes and soaked my cheeks...., what have I done.

-

"Dammit..., Dammit!" Jaime breathed as he dressed himself and grabbed the keys to his car.
He needed to drive, clear his head and think this over, listen to some loud music and just go. He didn't understand why Vic took off. Did he do something wrong? He couldn't tell.

He drove down the highway, playing Of Mice & Men at full volume. It was a stormy night, the rain fell so hard, Jaime could hardly see the road. The car in front of him suddenly hit the breaks but Jaime couldn't stop in time. He pushed his foot against the break peddle as hard as he could but the car slid across the wet road and fell into a ditch.

-

As I walked down the hallway to my room I started to feel very ill, I braced myself on my knees as the wind got knocked out of me like someone had kicked me right in the stomach. Instantly I knew something bad happened to Jaime so I tried my best to get to his room. "Jaime?!" I called, my voice echoing through the house, but no response. I shut my eyes tightly trying to channel his mind and find out where he is. My eyes shot open and panic filled my very bones when I saw he was in an accident, I didn't even know he left the house. I put all the energy I had left into teleportation. White smoke filtered around me and soon everything went white, then black, then I felt rain drops hit my face and I was suddenly pulled back into Earth.