The Boy Who Could Fly

Chapter 5

-Vic-

it was hot... a heat like none other. A place I've only read about but was never aloud to speak of. Hell.

I don't remember how I got here but I was here nevertheless. I hung from a stone ceiling in a dark fiery cave, chains wrapped around my wrists to make sure I didn't go anywhere.

My wings were hardly white anymore, it looked as if they were bathed in a bath of lava. The tips of the large feathers that formed the outer of my wings were lit on fire but it didn't spread, just stayed at the tips. "One day this could all be yours my boy" A dark but smooth voice said. Weakly and almost reluctantly I turned to face the sound. My neck stiff and my head hung heavy upon my shoulders making it hard to move or even focus. In front of me on a stone wall a window spread across it like the wall was nothing.

On the other side it showed a massive city made of black buildings and skyscrapers, the sky was a complete black mass with no stars or moon.

"Who are you?" I managed to ask, though my mouth was dry like the Desert. "That's not important right now" He said coldly, folding his hands behind his back then stepping forward.

I swallowed the lump in my throat then noticed my clothes were ripped to shreds and my skin burnt to black in some places on my arms and legs. "What am I doing here?" I whispered, my eyes starting to sting from the heat. "Well only you can answer that" He said through a sneer. My eyes started to daze over, everything blurring into black and red.

I gasped, my lungs coming back to life with cold air that tasted like chemicals. I blinked, trying to focus my eyes but all I could see was this bright light above me. "It was just a dream" I whispered out loud to myself, shutting my eyes in relief. My body was stiff and hard to move, it felt like I had been asleep for years. The normal caramel color of my skin was now pale and cold.

Slowly I moved my hand trying to feel what was around me but all I felt was air. Reluctantly I sat up, going against the will of my aching bones. "Damn it" I whispered through a shaky breath. My head spun which made everything a lot harder than it should be.

After my eyes cleared up and start to focus, I noticed I was on a table, not on the road where I remember being last. 'What is this' I thought to myself as I frantically looked around the room that was filled with white and grey colors. I stood from the cold table only to then realize there was a whole row of them. On the one next to mine there was a thin blue blanket covering something. I squinted my eyes, slowly walking over to it out of curiosity. I reached the table, caressing the soft blanket before lifting the corner of it and saw that what laid under it was a person.., A dead person.

A gasp escaped my lips as I took a series of steps backwards, hitting a cabinet. Bottles and needles fell to the ground around me, making a lot of noise in the process.

"What was that?!" A man yelled from the room over. I knew I had to hide, but where? The room was practically empty. The doorknob started to twist making the panic surge from my heart and through my veins. I slid myself under the table as quick as I could even though this will probably never work. I heard him walking around the room, stopping to check things. "What the hell" He said, making me flinch at his choice of words. He bent down, picking up the bottles I knocked over. My breathing picked up at knowing if he looked over he would see me under this table. He looked at a bottle before finally reacting to the discovery, "Richie!" He yelled to the door he just came from.

"Yes sir?" A younger boy said, running to the crouched man. "Someone broke in and stole a body!" He yelled, lifting from the floor and moving his hands in anger. The boy gasped but had no time to say anything "Call the police!" He demanded before storming off through an exit door. The boy stumbled as he ran for the phone connected to the wall, he landed on his hands but stopped abruptly when he caught sight of me. My eyes grew as he opened his mouth to scream "No no no!" I shouted but it didn't stop him from screaming. I stood and ran for him to stop the screams, laying my hand to his forehead to make him pass out and swipe his memory of me. My breathing became heavy and I ran for the double doors leaving this place.

I ran down a corridor, not sure where I was even going. The hospital was not one I've been to and I had to find Jaime. "Hey. Can you tell me what hospital this is?" I asked, stopping a doctor in a white coat.
"Uh.. Hope General Hospital. Sir, are you okay?" He questioned, putting a hand on my shoulder. "I'm fine" I raised my voice, brushing him away then took off down the corridor. "Hey! stop!" He called after me but I was already out the door and into the pouring rain "Jeez! All it does is rain" I yelled to the grey sky, knowing no one would hear me anyways.

In the distance police sirens grew closer, telling me it was time to make a quick escape.