The Boy Who Could Fly

Chapter 7

The voice from my dreams rang in my head for what felt like years, but in reality it has only been minutes since Jaime pulled me from the shower. I spent a moment to compose myself as I laid in Jaime's arms on this cold bathroom floor. I was staring off at the cabinets, confused and worried. I knew I had to come up with something to tell him quick but my mind was left blank. . Gently I pressed my palm to his chest then swallowed the lump in my throat so I could speak, "I'm fine" I told him flatly, already knowing he wouldn't believe it. "No, Don't give me that. That's not normal, Vic" He stated with a quick shake of his head, an obvious anger laced the skin on his beautiful face. In one swift move he got to his feet, lifting me from the bathroom floor and into his arms. Out of being self-consciousness I tightened my grip on the towel, refusing to have it fall and expose me.., I'm not even sure if that matters by now though. "Put me down" I demanded in a hushed tone but he ignored me completely and continued walking to his room. I didn't bother to protest, I know all too well how stubborn he is. with a huff I rested my head on his shoulder, letting him carry me bridal style down the hallway of our home.

The beautiful rhythm of his beating heart sang in harmony with mine, making the chills spread across my skin in small bumps. When we entered the room he sat me down carefully onto the bed, as if I was made of porcelain. Briefly I looked down at the blanket on his bed then back to him.., but now our faces were only inches apart and I could easily tell what was going through his mind, and even I couldn't stop the thoughts or the feelings that I felt for him push up from the core of my heart. I turned my head, not wanting to face his eyes that seemed to see right through me. "Why are you doing this?" He questioned, as I stared blankly at the carpet flooring then folding the corners of the towel close to my chest. "I don't know what you're talking about" I said quickly then lifted myself from the bed, shoving him away from me.

"Stop" He demanded and I did so. Why did I stop? I couldn't answer that. I squeezed my eyes shut then turned to face him but when I opened my eyes I saw the streams of tears running down his face, causing my heart to tremble. Without hesitation I stepped forward, taking his face into my hand, bringing us close to each other in an almost embrace. His lip quivered at the soft touch, making me grin for reasons I don't know. His face softened as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to his chest and slowly swaying in a soothing motion. I kept my hand on his face, not wanting to let go. I'm sure he won't mind anyhow. I felt his lips press to my forehead then down to the side of my nose as I lifted my head from the emotions his touch shot through me. His lips finally reached mine but they hovered briefly like he was asking for permission or something. I closed the space between us, soaking in his soft lips and simple touches that he trailed along my body with his hands.

How could what we have be so wrong?

-

Weekdays are.... complicated. Jaime has band practice, Andy has his office job. I found out a long time ago that Angels get lonely and bored just as much as Humans. So I found something I could do, and that was help people.

I tried doing the whole 'Soup Kitchen' thing but it wasn't long til I saw I was no good with food.

I then moved on to helping the people on the streets, giving out things they may need like clothing.

But it all just felt wrong... Like I could be doing much more. So I decided to teach others of what I know best. Christianity...

I sat on my desk, watching the college students talk among themselves over whats right and wrong about the Holy Bible. I sat silent, not wanting to hush anyone's opinion. I have always admired how Humans think, act, and speak. Every Human I've seen is so different from the next, and it still amazes, so I just sit and watch. It gives me a whole new understanding on why they are so important to God and Heaven.

But there was one person who seemed to stand out today. A transfer student from a University who just got here a week ago. He keeps to himself, like he has no interest in any of the other people in the room, as if he was too good for them.

I brought my feet up onto the desk, sitting cross legged. "Oliver, got a moment to talk with me?" I asked, making him look up from his book. His eyes flicked over to the group of people sitting in a messy circle and talking with each other, I swear I saw a hint of disgust flash in his eyes.

"What is it?" He asked. "You're not going to get very far in this class if you don't communicate with the other students" I stated quietly so the others didn't hear. He tilted his head to the side a bit like he was studying me. "I'll remember that" He said while turning slowly to travel back to the table he was sitting at.

The air that circled around him was heavy and he was covered in tattoos. Something about him just seemed off.

I shook my head to clear the thoughts that clouded my mind then spoke up above everyone else to continue the class session.