Status: Completed. Comments are very encouraged.

In Your Dreams

The Truth

1 year later, Billie and Anne had been sleeping together since Joey started going out. Anne had slept with Joey three or four times since Billie. Anne served Joey and Billie their breakfast.
"What're you doing today, Joey?" Anne asked, knowing what he'd say.
Swallowing his food, Joey opened his mouth to speak.
"I was actually wanting to take a day for you, baby."
Anne was shocked. Her fiancée hadn't spent a day with her in months.
"Um, okay that sounds like fun. What are we going to do?" Anne looked at Billie with a sad smile.
"Well, you're going to spit out the truth about what you're doing behind my back." He looked at Billie and them back to Anne.
Joey walked into his bedroom.
"It had to happen sometime." Billie stated bluntly. Anne nodded and followed Joey.
"What's going on between you and my dad?" Joey asked.
"Um", Anne paused, choking on her words. "We've been sleeping together. I know it was wrong Joey, but you haven't been here for me! All you ever do is go out with your stupid fucking friends! I get lonely sitting here by myself! I can't tell you no because you freak out on me and give me the 'I'm a man' speech. I'm sorry."
Joey stood up and walked out of the bedroom.
"What are you doing? That's my stuff!" Anne ran after him.
"You're leaving. I need that ring. Don't fucking bother coming back." Joey said with a bland face.
Anne grabbed her things and hugged Billie good-bye. He told her he would call her to check up. Anne was pissed that Joey didn't get mad at his father. He did the same thing she did. It takes two to tango, as they say.
Anne put her car in reverse and headed for home. She was leaving California tonight. She didn't know where she would go, but Joey had kicked her out to the street. Going to tell her mother and Mike bye, she parked in their drive-way.
"What the fuck?!" She yelled at herself and punched her steering wheel. She knew it was a mistake, but it didn't feel like one. It felt right.
Walking into her mothers house, she automatically knew something was wrong with Anne.
"Honey, what's wrong? You look as if you've been crying!"
"Joey kicked me out."
"That bastard! Let's go. We're going to kick his ass."
"No, Mom. I deserve it. I cheated on him." Mike looked at Anne. She stared into his eyes. He knew who she loved. He had known Billie for thirty years.
"Anne, come here." Mike motioned for her to come sit.
"What happened?" He asked slowly.
"Well, I got lonely because Joey kept leaving me in the night to go hang out with his dumbass friends. I got sick of it. I couldn't tell him no, I'm not his mother." She laughed at herself silently. "I'm not his mother, yet I'm sleeping with his father. Sounds like a fairtytale doesn't it?" She laughed, still angry.
"Anne, I love Joey like he's my own. I don't like that you did that to him, but you are my own. I will be on your side in this mess. Did he get mad at Billie or anything?" Mike asked.
"Fuck no! Billie did the same thing I did." Anne yelled.
Mike looked at Anne. She knew he looked down on her, disappointed in her. She told her mother and Mike goodbye. She got in her car and just drove. She though about the late nights with Billie. He would wake up early and make her breakfast. She would wake to his rough hair and smeared makeup. His hands would be wrapped around her bare skin when she would wake to see his smile. His eyes looked at her sweetly. She felt so loved by Billie and Joey had to fucking ruin it. She drove and drove until she seen a sign 'Leaving California'.
At home, Billie was sitting silently on the couch finishing his episode of 'Lost'. Anne had gotten him hooked the first night they spent together.
"How could you do that to me? You slept with my fiancée! The girl I planned to marry and spend my life with!" Joey yelled at his father who was clenching his fists.
"Joey, she didn't love you. You didn't care about her feelings. You didn't care if she cried herself to sleep every night because you weren't fucking here!" Billie yelled.
"I did care! But if you two weren't too busy fucking, you would've noticed that I tried in the beginning!"
"Joey, the trick to love is to never stop trying! I shouldn't be giving you marriage advice, look where I fucking ended up. But Anne needed attention and if you don't like where I stand with her then you can get the fuck out."
Joey sat silently, not planning to leave.
"Sorry, Dad." Joey whispered.
"What do you have to be sorry about?
"I cheated on Anne once." Joey confessed.
"When?" Interested, Billie wanted to know for Anne's sake. He almost called Joey a hypocrite, but held his tongue.
"About a week ago. I felt really bad when I did it. But then I find this shit out and I don't have a regret to tell."
"Well, good for you." Billie and Joey sat. They had a silent agreement to not bring this up again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need a comment. Please.