Status: Actively trying to go somewhere with this (:

Ain't No Easy Way

Consequence

The roar of engines could be heard before the gang had entered Charming, California –a peaceful little blink of a town tucked away in the hills of Northern California. The gang had been traveling for a week straight to reach their destination from Austin, Texas –and they were toting some precious cargo.

Eleanor loved the freedom her bike gave her, the wind whipping through her hair and cutting off her leather jacket as she leaned to the left to weave past a semi –a normal vehicle of transportation wouldn’t allow for that.

“Ellie, can you stop pulling shit like that. We’re supposed to get you to Charming intact –not dead” Tommy yelled at her over the roars of engines and wind.

“Yeah I got that Tommy-boy” she yelled in response and sped up, cutting him off and sending him a nice one-finger salute.

It hadn’t been her choice to come to Charming –rather her dad’s.

Eleanor said her goodbyes to her friends as she left 6th street after a night of partying –it was the night after her graduation from UT and her dad said she could have a night of the bars with her friends and then the club gets to throw her a shindig.

“Shit,” she hissed as she stumbled down the sidewalk after stepping on her heel wrong, “I need to remember to bring flip flops next time”.

She continued to walk down the streets towards the bus when she noticed the sound of numerous footsteps behind her. She tried to think nothing of it as she pulled out a cigarette and took a long inhale. “Didn’t your dad teach you that smoking is bad for you, princess?” A man said in a harsh tone as he took a tight grip on Eleanor’s arm and pulled her into the alleyway.

“Get your-” her scream was cut off by another man taking a swing at her jaw.

“We want to know where the Sons are keeping their weapons and you’re going to tell us what we want to know.”

Eleanor looked up at the men who were currently holding her against the ally wall. “What makes you think I have that information you ignorant asshole?” she asked in a sarcastic tone.

In response she received a swift punch to the ribs and jaw; she spit the blood that resulted.
“Oh, I think the daughter of the president might have some idea –see but I’m hoping you don’t want to tell me because then we get to play” he said as he ran the back of his hands down her face and dropping down to graze her breast.

“It’s sad that the only way you can get action is to force yourself onto a woman, do you want to talk about your mommy issues?” Eleanor laughed, she knew this wasn’t the smartest thing she could be doing but sarcasm was how she dealt with bad situations.

The man nodded his head and the two holding her up dropped her to the ground, Eleanor immediately went into a fetal position to protect her face from the oncoming blows she was undoubtedly about to receive. A kick here, pull of the hair there, a punch elsewhere Eleanor knew she couldn’t protect herself for long as she coughed up more blood.

“You still don’t want to cooperate with us, princess?” the one in charge asked in a humorous tone

“Go fuck yourself” she replied in a breaths, she was winded probably the broken ribs.

He knelt down in front of her, picking up her bloodied chin so she was facing him and chuckled, “I don’t appreciate being talked to like that Eleanor and I think it’s time to teach you a real lesson.”

Eleanor at this point began to hyperventilate; she knew exactly what he was talking about. Rape.
Eleanor started to cry as the others held her down and the lead man tore off her thong from under her skirt and began to unbutton his pants.

“Get the fuck off her!” she heard a familiar voice boom as he pulled the man away from her.

Two other men wearing Sons of Anarchy cuts grabbed the two men holding her down and continued to beat them senseless. Grabbing the wall to steady herself she tried to stand all while crying.

“Ellie, I’m coming don’t move.” She felt two strong arms around her and picked her up carrying her to an intimidating Harley.

“Jesus, Elle, you’re going to be fine I’m taking you to the clubhouse.” She recognized the voice as the Sons Sargent at Arms, Beau. All she could do was cry.


The SAMCRO gang was sitting at the table; Clay had called them into Chapel regarding a brother charter. “What’s going on here Clay?” asked Bobby.

Clay took a puff from his cigar and put his hands on the table, “I got a call from Bones Grayson, president of the Austin charter of the Sons, they’ve been having just as much trouble with multiple gangs as we have but about a week ago it went too far when a group of them cornered, beat, and tried to rape his daughter.”

Murmurs and head shakes were a common theme around the table. “Jesus, bringing an innocent girl into all this shit just crosses a line, man.” Tig said as he rubbed out his cigarette

“And petty, only cowards hide behind defenseless women.”’ Chibs added.

“I agree, that’s why I went ahead and told him he could send her to Charming until this dies down and they squish this territorial problem they’re having back there.” Clay took another puff from his cigar.

Jax leaned forward, “You didn't think you should've brought that up to a vote? Regardless if we knew we would take the girl in or not –it should have been brought up Clay.”

Tig looked at Jax, as of late he seemed to be more opinionated but not in the good way; to him it only spelled trouble.

“You've been going through a lot Jax, with your son in the hospital and Tig's little wetbacks I didn't want to lay anything more on the club. I knew we would approve the move so I gave it the OK.”

Jax sat back and brought his blunt to his lips, whenever anyone mentioned Abel he felt sick, he had so much anger towards Wendy for putting his kid through what he was going through.

“Do we even know where this girl is going to stay?” Juice spoke up for the first time all of the men nodded their heads curious as to what Clay thought.

“Well, I thought she could either stay with Gem and I or we can get her an apartment –she just graduated college so I’m sure she’s fine living on her own.”

The men looked at Clay in approval, “What about that two bedroom that went up for sale down the street from Jax’s place?” Chibs brought up, “It would be convenient to have her near a Son and is her dad willing to pony up some cash?”

“Money’s a non- issue, unlike us they’re weapon’s trade also includes drug trade they’re sitting on a lot of money over in the South. He has an account wired up for her.”

“I’ll look into buy the house for her right now, I’ll call Pam and have her in here so she can sign papers-” Juice started as he got up to go to his computer.

“When is she getting here, exactly?” Jax asked but his question was soon answered when the Boys heard the roaring of bikes. “I’d say right now.” Tig laughed as they all got up to walk over to the shop.

“Well, I’m going to visit the kid I’ll just meet her later.” Jax said as he sat on his bike and left the parking lot.

Eleanor straddled her bike as she waited for the rest of the accompanying Sons made their way to the Teller-Marrow auto shop where they would be meeting the Original Sons of Anarchy charter members. As they rode through charming she thought it was just that –charming. It was nothing like the big city she grew up in, it wasn’t loud or dirty and everyone seemed like nice people. I wonder just how the MC fits into this way of cozy small town life Eleanor thought to herself as she looked around the shop yard.

“Ellie,” she turned her head to see Cody, one of her dad’s prospects come towards her with his phone outstretched “your dad wants to talk to you.”

She shot him a smile and took the phone from him, “Hey daddy,”

“You guys made it there alright? Tommy only reported two incidents the whole ride.”

Eleanor put her kickstand down and walked to a secluded corner, “Yeah, only one shoot out, I think there’s a rat at the club daddy. They knew we were heading to either Charming or Tacoma.”

She listened to her dad hiss a slur of cusses, “You have any ideas who the rat is?” he asked his only daughter.

Eleanor licked her lips and pressed her thumb to her forehead, “I don’t know dad, I would check the prospects and anyone who has any ties to white supremacists groups. I think Beau should be the one handling the information flow.”

“Kid, you make your old man proud,” Bones laughed on other side of the phone.

He had his other two sons from different marriages in his crew, they were Sons through and through. But if he had it his way, his only daughter, his little Ellie bear would be the one taking over his presidency when he stepped down. She knew every nook and cranny of the operating of his club, but she decided she wanted to be an educated girl -and he was proud of her. She was the first Grayson to attend college and leave The Life; even his sisters were part of MCs.

“Dad? You still there?”

The sound of Eleanor’s voice brought him back “You bet kid, you know your dad’s going to miss you, Ellie Bear.”

Eleanor sighed he only calls her by her nickname when he’s getting emotional, which is never good. “I’m going to miss you too daddy. I hope we figure this mess out soon so I can come home and start my life.” She kicked at a rock that was by her foot absentmindedly, she was also totally unaware that the two clubs had already met and were patiently waiting for her to get off the phone.

“She’s talking to her dad, probably giving him the low-down on what happened when we were traveling to get here.” Tommy said to SAMCRO guys.

“And what exactly happened?” Clay asked.

“We were jumped once on the highway and then another at a motel we stayed at. We think they were Mayans, at least that’s what the prospect said he read on their cut.” Tommy looked over to Eleanor whose head was bowed talking to her father, “You know Eleanor would make a great president if she was a man, Bones keeps her totally in the loop about everything club related -but that’s not outside knowledge. She’s a smart girl, I’d utilize her if you can. She’s going to make a great Ol’ Lady once she decides that The Life is where she belongs.”

“If her knowledge of club doings isn’t public, why would they target her?” Tig asked.

“Exactly. Ellie thinks there’s a rat.” Tommy replied. “I’ll go get her, we should be heading on the road anyway we have a couple stops to make.”

The guys watched as Tommy walked over to where the girl was standing and put a hand on her shoulder. “That’s an interesting take on running a club.” Tig said to the guys.

“Well SAMCAT is a very successful branch of the Sons, maybe it works for them. They also operate in a city, not a place like Charming.” Clay said and straightened a little when Tommy was bringing the girl over to them.

“Now these guys, they’re nice people but they run things differently here.” Tommy said to Eleanor as he slung an arm around her shoulder, taking her to the guys.

“I know, I’m not from here and I’m not somebodies’ Ol’ Lady, therefore I have no say in what’s going on or the right to know. I know Tommy, I’m not an idiot.” Eleanor said as the got to the men.

She unclipped her helmet and shook her long blonde hair out and pulled her sunglasses down. “Hi, I’m Eleanor, but a lot of people call me Ellie.” She looked at the group of men, a very intimidating bunch if you asked her.

She met Clay the president, Tig, Bobby, Chibs, Juice, and their prospect.

“Our VP Jax, just had a kid, he went to the hospital. He was born early –his mother’s doing.” Clay said.

Eleanor smiled, “Well I’m sure our paths will cross eventually, this place is the size of a neighborhood back home.”

“Okay, Ellie, we’re going to head out. You know your dad is sending a truck with everything you need since SAMCRO was nice enough to get you a house.” Eleanor nodded as she went over to her dad’s crew.

“I’m going to miss y’all so much, be safe.” She wrapped her arms around her middle as she watched her family get on their bikes and start the ride back to Texas.

“Sign here, here, and here.” Pam instructed as she watched the girl sign the papers of home ownership.

Eleanor did as she was told and smiled up at the very tense looking woman.

“Congratulations you are now a proud homeowner in Charming Ms. Grayson.”

Eleanor smiled as she accepted the keys to her new home from the woman.

“I’ll have Chibs go with you so you know where you’re going, that okay with you Eleanor?” Clay asked as he stood from the bar with a cigar in hand.

“That would be awesome Clay, thank y’all so much for doing this, I know it means a lot to my father and to me as well.”

Clay put a hand on her shoulder, “It’s not a problem. Listen, my wife Gemma is going to be stopping by since you live in the same neighborhood as Jax and she’s fixing his house up for the baby. Is that okay?”

Eleanor stood up and pulled her helmet on, “Of course, Mr. Marrow, you really need to stop asking if everything is okay, it is I promise.”

“Only if you promise to never call me ‘Mr. Marrow’ ever again” they both laughed as he led Eleanor to her bike where Chibs was already waiting.

“Come on girl, let’s get you to your new place, I’ll also show you the store.” Chibs said from his bike with a smile.

“You know, that’s a pretty sweet ride you got there girl.” Chibs said as we pulled into the driveway.

“I know, a Harley V-Rod custom baby and he’s all mine.” Eleanor said as she affectionately stood from her bike.

“I wouldn’t take you for a rider but I guess that tats give away your upbringing.” Chibs laughed as he pulled up her arm and let it fall.

“What can I say, Chibs, I’m kind of a badass.” Eleanor decided she really liked Chibs he reminded her of an older brother and she was excited that she might have one of those here in Charming. They walked into the empty one story house and Eleanor clicked the lights on, “Man, am I going to have fun redecorating this shit hole.” She said as she looked around.

“You have fun with that woman’s work, I’m sure Gemma will jump at the chance to help you. By the way,” Chibs said turning to her from the doorway “Gemma loves this club both her Ol’ Men started this so if she comes on a little… strong don’t take it personally, yeah?” Eleanor gave a laugh,

“At least y’all got some good Ol’ Ladies here to watch y’all’s backs, I get it. Thanks for taking me here, Chibs.” “O’course.” He gave her a nod and closed the door behind him.

Knock knock Gemma stepped away from the door looking straight into the house of the new girl that the club was taking in. Just what we need now, another dumb crow eater to distract those idiot men from what needs to be done she thought to herself.

“Coming!” she heard before the door was pulled open, “I’m so sorry that took so long, I’ve been going through the house to see what I want to do with it. Come in.”

Gemma looked at the girl as she walked into the house the first thing she noticed was the slew of tattoos that adorned her arm and went up to her neck, “Well look at you, they sure do make them pretty in Texas don’t they.”

“Thank you ma’am it’s-”

“No. not ma’am, I may be a grandma now but I don’t feel old, call me Gemma.”

Eleanor looked at the woman, “Please, you don’t look like you’re old enough to be a grandma either, you’re smoking.”

Gemma smiled, “I like you,” she looked around the empty house “what are you going to do tonight since you have nothing in here?”

Eleanor ran a hand down her face, “I don’t know crash on the floor?” she laughed.

Gemma crossed her arms, “No, you can stay with me and Clay tonight but we’re going to the hospital first to see Abel” she said as she silently instructed Eleanor to follow her out of the house. “And you can repay me by working my fundraiser tomorrow we’ll get to know each other.” Gemma said as she got into her car.

“Gemma are you sure it’s okay that I come to see Jax’s son, I mean I haven’t even met him yet. I feel out of place.” Eleanor said as she followed Gemma to the NICU of St. Thomas.

Gemma made a snapping sound with her tongue, “Girl, if you’re going to be living here you better just accept that you a part of our family for now, so act like it.” She gave a quick look back, “You’re already tattooed up the ass so they’ll assume you’re up to no good anyway.”

Eleanor laughed as the reached a room with one incubator.

“Hello Gemma,” a pretty brunette quipped as she approached us.

“Tara” Gemma said with a nod of her head.

“Does Jax know you’re letting someone who’s not family see his kid?” Tara asked behind a tight smile.

“Well, I’m his mother and that kid’s grandmother, I think I have all the right to come and visit family with whomever I desire.”

Well this is awkward Eleanor thought to herself as she extended a hand, “Hello, I’m Eleanor it’s nice to meet you.”

Tara looked at the outstretched hand and back at its owner she has to be related to the Club, she wouldn’t be accepted anywhere else with those visible tattoos she thought. She slipped her hand into Eleanor’s, “Tara. Nice to meet you so what are you doing in a place like Charming?”

Eleanor shrugged her shoulders and placed her hands in her pants,

Leather of course Tara thought.

“I’m just going where the wind takes me, ya know?”

Gemma pushed past Tara to hold the door to Abel’s private room open silently telling Eleanor to go in ahead of her. “Nice meeting you Ms. Tara” Eleanor said with a small smile. Tara simply smiled a tight smile at the girl as she walked past her and turned her full attention towards Gemma.

“You best remember that the kid in that room isn’t yours,” Gemma took a step closer to Tara and looked down at her, “if you keep forgetting where your place is in all of this I’ll have to remind you. Some people are just stupid that way.” Gemma didn’t say another word as she stepped into the room to see Eleanor leaning over the incubation chamber with a small smile on her face. “He’s beautiful isn’t he?” Gemma said as she went over and pulled the small infant out of the chamber. “Wanna hold him?” Gemma asked as she held Abel closer to Eleanor.

“If I can?” Eleanor replied with hope. Eleanor took a seat in the chair in the room and accepted the baby into her arms and looked down at him.

“His name is Abel and he was on this earth 10 weeks before he should’ve because his junkie whore mother wanted to kill not only herself but my grandbaby. It was horrible he’s finally done with all of his surgeries, poor thing.”

Eleanor looked up from Abel’s sweet little face to look at Gemma who was looking at the pair of them. “It was especially hard on Jax you haven’t met him yet but he wasn’t ready for a kid, but he’s grown to love this kid something fierce.”

Eleanor brought her attention back to the small bundle in her arms, “That’s all we can ask. I don’t understand what kind of person would do such a thing to an innocent child. He’s just so small and doesn’t have anyone to protect him from this cruel world.” Eleanor looked at Gemma with a smile, “But he has one fierce grandmamma bear.” Gemma went to the chair and knelt in front of Eleanor and Abel. “That you can take to the bank, huh, little man?” Eleanor said in a typical baby voice.

“You ever want kids Eleanor?” Gemma asked. No time like digging up dirt while a woman’s holding a baby.

“Of course isn’t that what all women want in life –to be a mother and wife? I just went to school for something to do –to further an interest that will help the club.” Gemma raised an eyebrow of surprise at her statement. Eleanor looked at Gemma with a sly smile,

“Oh come on, it’s obvious I’m going to stay in The Life. Where would I be accepted for who my family is or my tattoos, I know I’m in The Life until I die –and I’d prefer it that way.” Eleanor grabbed a bottle of formula sitting on the desk beside her and started to feed Abel. “I love The Life, I believe in everything that we stand for and how I live my life. I’m not ashamed to admit it. Some people are made for it –I’m sure you know that.” Eleanor said through a smirk.

“Oh I may have some clue. Okay, let me hold my little man and then we can get out of here.” Gemma said taking Abel from Eleanor’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! So this is my first actual go at writing a fan fiction. I know it's super long but I love details and this was kind of a set up chapter. Thanks for stopping by and giving this a chance! (:

Eleanor | Bones Grayson | | Eleanor's Bike | Eleanor's Outfit