Status: Might turn into a full story

Every Thug Needs a Lady

All We Know Is Falling

Luanna was known all around Asgard for her beauty. There was no one who compared to her, not even close. She was loved and wanted by all. Men desired her and women envied her. She only saw her beauty as a curse. Something that was almost used against her. Nobody saw the smart young woman she was. Only the beautiful young woman who was meant to marry a king.

No one knew she came from. At the age of four, she had simply showed up on the Rainbow Bridge, even without Heimball's knowledge. Either-way, she was welcomed into the city with no doubts. A simple artist who could never bare children taken the home with the Allfather and her husbands blessing. They raised her like their own.

Although everyone loved her, only one person really saw her. He looked past for beauty and loved her for who she truly is, what was deep down inside. She shared her secrets with him, as he did with her. It was easy since they had grown up together. Loki loved Luanna, but it was never to be. She was fit to be a Queen, and blind to Loki's love. Luanna was to marry Thor once he becomes King of Asgard. It was the start cause of what made Loki form a bitterness to his undeserving brother. Thor would never love her the way he did. He would never understand or listen to her. He would never see her as something more than a object, who would bare him gorgeous children one day. That's where it all began.

"What troubles you, my dear friend?"Loki had been sitting out in the garden alone, plotting. He hadn't expected her to show up. By Odin's request, Luanna was to spend all her free time with Thor. He wanted them to get to know each other on a personal level. They didn't share the same relationship her and Loki did. Odin didn't like that.

"Nothing to worry about. Care to join me?"

Of course she did, as she sat on the grass beside him, and gazed out into the sky. Luanna had a love for nature. It was one of the things Loki loved about her. No one else would appreciate a moment like this with him except for her. "Are you sure you are all right?"

"Yes."

"I am quite tired." She stated, changing the way she sat so she could lay down and rest her head on Loki's lap. "Excuse me for saying, but your brother is exhausting. I know not how this marriage will work."

"Neither do I."

She looked at him, "Do you think it is right?"

"What is right?"

"Me being forced to marrying another, someone I do not even love."

"No. It is not fair." He shook his head.

"I wish you to be King instead. I would much rather marry you than Thor." She joked, then looked back at the sky.

"You would not find me exhausting?"

"Not at all. You and I are quite similar. Thor and I are exact opposites. Allfather only sees us fit for our looks, not who we are. If he were truly matching those compatible, he would have chosen you."

"I wish he had." Loki confessed. She hummed in response, then closed her eyes, soaking up the last of the sun before darkness took over the sky. If you took one look at the two, you would assume they were polar opposites. Loki with that certain dark appearance to him, and Luanna with her long blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and white smile just to match. She could pass more for Thor's sister than be his wife.

She was like a ray of sunshine, while Loki was a stormy day. "Prince Loki." A guard called him from behind. Loki frowned as Luanna sat up at the voice, and they both looked toward him. "The Allfather has summoned you to the throne room." He gave to response, only turned back to Luanna.

"I am sorry that I must be leaving you now."

"It is fine, Loki. I am expected for dinner soon anyways. My parents have been nagging about going for a visit." She kissed his cheek softly after they stood up, and parted ways for the night.

Loki dreaded going to see Odin. Last time he was called to see him, he was told to keep away from Luanna. He didn't expect this time to be any different. The Allfather did not want Loki interfering with Luanna and Thor's bonding process. They were to be married in nine days, two after Thor became King of Asgard.

"My son, do come in." Loki did as he was told and went into the room, shutting the door behind him, to give privacy.

"I was told you needed to see me."

"And I was told you were with Luanna." Here it comes. "I know you are friends with the girl but she is to marry Thor."

"But why? Why must she be forced into marrying someone she does not wish to be with?"

"She has shared this with you?" Shit. "She will grow to love Thor. It is only a matter of time. They were meant for each-other. Just look at the two together, you will see."

"Just look at us together. You will see she is not meant for Thor." Loki nearly spat his brothers name. Just the thought of Thor angered him. "He will never appreciate and love Luanna as I do."

"And that my son, is why you must stay away. I know you are fond of the girl, but this is how it is suppose to be. Luanna will marry Thor once he becomes King. There is no other way about it. She is fit for a King."

"I am not just fond, I am in love with her. I have been nearly my entire life. You cannot just take that from me. Why must she be fit for a King? What does her appearance have to do with being forced to marry someone?! She will never love Thor!"

"That is quite enough, Loki." He didn't even listen to a word his son spoke. His decision was final. Luanna was to marry Thor, no one else. "Do not make this situation difficult. Leave the woman alone. "Loki couldn't hear anymore. He stormed out of the room, and up to his quarters. He knew his father didn't really hear a word he said. No matter how much Loki would beg for her, Odin would never care enough to give him his way. Odin always preferred Thor. Always gave him the better half. Loki shouldn't be so surprised that it is the same with women. Of course Thor would marry Luanna instead of Loki.

All night, Loki couldn't sleep. As he laid in bed, he thought of ways to fix everything. To rid this kingdom of Thor's arrogance, to take the throne that is rightfully his, and have the woman he truly loved. Why should Thor have it all? His mind was full of nothing but air and muscle. Thor would only destroy Asgard. The throne does not suit him well as it would Loki.

He knew in that moment that he had to do something to save Luanna from a life of a loveless marriage and to take what was rightfully his.

It was the night before Thor was crowned King, and Loki had a plan rolled up his sleeve. There was nothing for sure saying that things would go accordingly though. If something were to fail, Thor would be King of Asgard and Luanna would become his wife. As they lounged around his room for what could be the last time, he felt an uneasiness resting in the pit of his stomach. He would more than likely never see her like this again.

"I will miss these nights." She confessed as they sat beside the fire, next to his couch, reading.

"Are you scared?"

"I am not sure. Should I be?"

"No. You should not be because you should not be asked of this. What my father is making you do and the fact that Thor accepted is wrong. You should have the right to make you own life and choose who you want."

Luanna felt her heart rate pick up in her chest, "I would choose you."

"You deserve a man so much better than I. At least Thor will make you a Queen out of you. I could give you nothing of the sort."

"But you would give me happiness." She set down the book that was in her hands and crawled to the other side of the couch where Loki sat, then brought herself into his warm embrace. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Luanna spoke up once more, "Could I ask something from you?"

"Anything."

"Well, it would go against your brother." Loki liked the request already.

"If anyone knew, my place in Asgard would be ruined, but I just cannot see myself this way with Thor."

"What is it?" It didn't matter what it was. He would give her the world if she asked. He would do anything for her.

"I do not want Thor to be the one who takes my innocence. I want you. "What she was asking of him came as quite the shock. That was the last thing Loki expected. Luanna was to remain a virgin until marriage. That's how most woman in Asgard were to be, which made no sense sometimes seeing as men weren't meant to do the same.

On her wedding night, she was to give herself to Thor, no one else. "I cannot bring dishonor to you in such a way." Sadness overtook her form as Loki turned her door. Her face noticeably fell and Loki caught on to her emotions instantly. She never thought he would turn her down.

"But you love me?"

"I do, which is why I must say no." She pulled herself from Loki embrace and stood from the couch. She felt completely embarrassed now.

"If you must say no, than you do not love me as I thought."

"How did you think?" He stood with her.

"I thought you were in love with me. I thought you wanted to be with me."

Loki sighed. More than anything, he wanted to be with her. He would give up the throne, just to have her. "I love you more than anyone or anything in this realm. I want to be the one to marry you, but I cannot. I have already asked Odin to reconsidered and he refuses. You are meant for Thor."

"You have spoke against your father for me?"

"I asked if I could be the one you marry rather than my brother. I told the Allfather of my love for you, but it does not matter. If it goes against Thor, he refuses to hear me."

"But I love you." She began to cry. It was a lost hope.

"And I love you. I will always love you, never another." Luanna walked over to Loki and shared what was their first kiss with each other and could very well be their last. Tears rolled down her cheeks at the thought. Maybe if they had confessed their love for one another earlier, things would never be the way they are now.

The next morning, everyone in the kingdom rose early and began to prepare for Thor's crowning. All of Asgard was to attend. Luanna was fitted into her best gown and Loki put on his full uniform. Normally, he do it by magic, but what's the rush? He wanted to take as much time as possible. After all, this wasn't something he wanted, this wasn't his day. Luanna left Loki's chambers shortly after their confessions of love, and retired back into her own room that wasn't far from his. She stayed up all night crying softly to herself. The royal servants had a wondrous time clearing all signs of tears from her face due to the night before while they got her ready. It was something she had to had to get used to.

Being the Queen, she was no longer allowed to do things for herself, nor was she ever to be alone with having to be constantly guarded. Luanna had to idea how Frigga dealt with it. Obviously she had to gather some tips from the now Queen before she received the title herself. With a frown clear as day on her face, she parted from her room with two guards and made her way down to where the ceremony was about to be held.

She locked eyes with Loki as Thor made his was down the cheering crowd surrounding them. With sadness filling her eyes, she could see the mirrored expression in his as he looked at her. Their hearts longed to be together as the stood across from each other on the stairway. Thor winked as her as he passed by, then did the say to his mother, but with a different meaning. Luanna looked back at Loki as Thor passed and stood in front of the Allfather. Loki's eyes no longer held sorrow, but anger in its place.

Luanna completely blocked out Odin's speech. It wasn't out of disrespect. It was because her mind just couldn't focus on the ceremony. All she could think about was she was to marry this idiotic man in less than two days time. "Frost Giants." As soon as the words left Odin's lips, the crowd went into a fit of horror. She looked to Loki only to find he was already walking away, with Thor, Odin and a few guards at his side. She filled with fear for their well-being. Frost Giants were ruthless and would never hesitate to kill them.

"Come dear, let's get to safety, just incase." Frigga grabbed her hand and led her back inside the castle. Everyone else found shelter as well and returned home. The ceremony was ruined. Thor was not King. Loki had been missing until later that night. Luanna sat awake in his bed. She could not rest until she knew he was okay.

Once he entered, his face was uneasy. He didn't look the same. She feared the worst. "Loki." She got up and rushed to his side, into his arms. He didn't return the hold. "What happened?"

"Thor has been banished." She pulled away.

"Banished...wh..what?"

"The Allfather, he sent him to Midguard after stripping him off all his power and titles. He's gone."

"How could that be? What happened?"

"In his foolishness, he had us go to Jotunheim, to confront and defeat the Frost Giants. From the start, we were in over our heads. Thankfully, the Allfather showed and returned us to safety, but in his anger towards Thor, he sent him away."

"Oh Loki..." He walked away and stripped himself of his armor.

"And that is not all...." She stayed silent so he many continue, "The Allfather all fallen in the Odinsleep."

Luanna thought for a moment. With the Allfather unable to rule, and Thor being gone, that left one person to rule Asgard. "Then you are King, Loki."

"Yes..." He simply responded.

"But do you know what this means? We can be together."

"No, we cannot." He wanted to nothing more than to take her in his arms and rejoice over the matter, but she would never have him now. Not after he learned his true form. He was a Frost Giants. That's who he really was. Luanna will hate Loki once she learns of this. He could not marry her like he always dreamed of. Even with him being King, she still deserved better, better than a disgusting Frost Giant posing as an Asgardian. Loki was just never enough for her. "I am not good enough for you."

"But you are King. Odin said I was fit to marry a King, and that is what you are, Loki. We must get married before Odin wakes and brings Thor back. This is our only chance to be together."

"But you do not understand, Luanna."

"Have you changed your mind on loving me?"

"No. Never."

"I do not understand"

"If you were to know my true nature, you would no longer love me."

"I will love you no matter what."

Loki took a chance and believed in her words. He knew it was better to show her than to lie to her, like he had been his entire life. The tesseract appeared into Loki's hands and as he held it, he felt him body start to change. As it went from his pale skin tone to pure blue, with designs drawn across his entire body, Luanna took a step back and gasped softly. It was a gasp of shock, not disgust, but Loki took it the wrong way. His face fell to the floor and Luanna knew her mistake. He had opened up to her about his new found flaw and he didn't think she
accepted him anymore. She reached out and touched his blue hands as the

tesseract vanished from them.

"And I still love you, Loki."

Once his skin turned back to normal, well, what he was used to being normal, he looked up at her with hope laying in his eyes. "You do?"

"No matter what, I will always love you. You are the only one I trust and has ever seen as something more than a pretty face. You understand me and have shown me so much, whether it be magic, or the stars in the sky. With each passing moment, my love for you grows. I cannot contain it no longer. I need to be with you. My heart, my life, is in your hands, Loki. I do not know what I would do if I were to ever lose you. I would not bare it. I love you."

Loki craved to say something deep and meaningful as she did, but he was incapable. He never thought in his long life, that she would be standing in front of him, confessing such things. It all felt like a dream, and he were to wake up at any given moment. So, he did what he knew best, if he could speak it, he would show it. "We shall wed tonight."

And they did, in secret. With everything that had just happened in that short time, they wanted to keep their new marriage to themselves, for more reasons than one. You could just feel the love and happiness radiating off of Luanna as she walked the palace halls. Servants noticed her change but said nothing as they feared Loki.

A few days time pass, and although Loki and his new bride had been on cloud nine when they spent time together, Loki held back his true emotions from his wife. He was filled with worry and anger, but she seemed to make it all slip away when she was in his arms. Only she could make him better.

"Something is worrying you?"

They were sitting in the grand dining hall, enjoying a nice dinner, alone. Loki was not popular in Asgard. It was no secret. Though it was clearly known since he was the Prince, he was not liked, but by a few, barely. His mother, Frigga, and Luanna were all he really had. He sensed everyone else's true intentions with him and never let another in but for the two of them. With Loki's intelligence came loneliness, but he did not mind with Luanna by his side. "I am fine, my love. Do not stress it."

So, against her better judgement, she did not press the matter, nor ask questions. In the future, she will wish she did. Maybe she could have talked him down from his plans and done something to prevent what was to come. "I must asked something of you though."

"Anything."

"We will be parting ways soon, and I need you to stay locked away in our chambers when we do."

"Why?" Servants came in and gathered their empty plates and glasses.

"I cannot tell you why, for your own safety. You must trust me." They got up from their chairs and Loki moved to her side.

"I trust you." They walked back to Loki's room with a charm cast around them. It made them invisible to all but themselves. That way, no one ever saw them walking back to his room together, or doing anything else. "When will you be back?" She questioned, once behind closed doors, worrying filling her voice.

"Soon. Before you sleep, darling. I do not want you to be scared. You will be safe." He heard a commotion from outside and walked over the the large balcony that was attached to his room to see that Heimdall had opened the bifrost, and Loki knew exactly who had went. "Damn it." He mumbled, then returned to his wife. Worry still struck her face and he did his best to kiss it all away. "I will return shortly." With one last kiss, Luanna filled it with passion. Loki always held back the full truth from her and it always caused her great fear for his well being. He did not know his limits. "I love you."

"And I love you, Loki." Then he slipped away.

Luanna did not know what to do with herself once he was gone. They had been spending every second together since Thor was vanished. Now that she was alone, she was lost. She knew it was wrong to go against her husband, but she just had to investigate what was going on. After a good deal of time passed, about ten minutes, she wasn't patient, she decided to go. She changed her dress into something less flashy and royal, and snuck out of the room with a hood hiding her identity. She thought to go to Frigga, and knew that she would be with Odin, so that's the first place she went.

When she entered the room, all she saw was chaos. Guards were at Frigga's side, there was a hole in the wall that lead outside, and dead Frost Giants laid about. "What happened?" Her voice full of panic as she rushed over to Frigga.

"Frost Giants tried to take over again. Loki saved me, but something is terribly wrong with him, dear. He has told Thor lies and is attempting to kill him. You must do something, Luanna."

"...wh...what? Where? Where have they gone?"

"I have no idea in the slightest."

Luanna thought for a moment and could only think of one place where Loki could be. "The Rainbow bridge. Loki means to destroy Jotunheim." She membered Loki telling her of his true nature and how disgusted he now felt with himself. It was the only logical explanation. She didn't wait for Frigga to react to her conclusion. As fast as she could, she ran. Out of the castle and to the royal stables. Luanna was never taught to ride a horse. It was deemed "too manly" for her. All she knew was the tips that Loki would give her when they rode together growing up, unknown to all. She stole the first horse she found and mounted it, riding off towards the Rainbow bridge. From afar, she could see trouble. The bifrost was open and bringing ruin to Jotunheim while Loki and Thor fought. They were just tiny dots at the point. She also saw another riding towards them, but faster than she. As much as she wanted to rush, she couldn't. There was no point in her being that risky and pushing the horse to its limits when she could hardly control it as it is.

As she grew more near, she saw Thor limit his hammer and begin to break the bridge, allowing the bifrost to fall and break the connection. Her heart caught in her throat. She knew nothing good for the two of them would come from that, and she now feared for Loki's life. "Loki!" She shouted as she watched them fall over the side, but they were caught by the other rider. "Loki!" She was almost to the now edge of the bridge and saw it was Odin himself who got there before her. But how did he make it in time? Luanna swore she just saw him still resting in bed.

Getting off the horse, she ran, but she was too late. Once she reached the end, she heard Thor screaming and Loki was no where in sight. She couldn't speak. She couldn't move. Loki was gone. Odin pulled Thor up, and guards came rushing toward them on horse.

"Luanna...." Thor trembled as he spoke. He did not expect her to be there, and he also knew that she was not there for him. "I am so sorry..."

She wasn't having any apologizes thought, especially from Thor. Tears streamed down her face, yet her gazed was full of anger and hate. Luanna hated Thor. It was entirely all his fault that Loki was now gone forever. Thor always belittled Loki and never treated him as an equal. It was always about Thor in Asgard. No one ever saw Loki, but for her and his mother, and now, he was gone. Nothing would change. It would still be Thor's realm. Not a soul in Asgard would feel sorry for the lose of Loki. Him and Odin caused him to fall to his end.

"You did this to him." She fumed, shoving him. Two guards made a move to grab her away from the Prince but Odin stopped them. He wanted to see how this played out.

"No, Luanna...I..-"

"You killed him." She sobbed uncontrollably. The only thing that would comfort her now was Loki's soft words and warm embrace, but she would never have those things again.

"It was an accident." Thor was hurting as well. No matter what, he loved his brother dearly. "Loki was mad with hatred and ang...-"

"Because of you!"

"I know you two were dear friends and I am sorr...-"

"I do not wish to hear your meaningless words. Loki and I are more than "dear friends" for he is my husband, and I shall never marry another."

With that she stormed off. She didn't want to hear another word slip from his mouth, nor did she even want to face Odin. She hated them both and she would see to it that she never spoke to them again. For as long as she lived, Luanna would never forgive Thor and she would never forget what he had done. Nothing would ever be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this a few months ago, but never posted it. With the new Thor movie coming out yesterday in the states, I thought now was the perfect time. Thanks for reading. I love comments. :)