Sequel: Ascension

Till Deceived Do We Part

Beginning

My eyes locked onto his small pudgy body. He was the threat? He was the life-threatening mission I got sent on? I pushed the thoughts of annoyance out of my head and tried to view him as prey instead of a man who had one too many slices of pizza.

I studied him for a moment longer before jumping down from my post and rolling to a new angle. No matter who the threat was, or how unthreatening they looked, it still wasn’t a good idea to stay in one watching spot for too long.

I now had the front view of him, which wasn’t much better then the rear view. Yep, this was the guy I was assigned to kill. This was the guy that was suppose to bring back my rep, and get me out of the dog house.

I had killed so many so easily, I had been ruthless, cruel, cold hearted... all the works. But with one screw up, it all back peddled. Now they viewed as a defenceless little girl, always laughing at me as I walk by. Still laughing as I slam them into the wall by the throat. One screw up ruined it all, so this was now the only way to get the fear back. Jake had tried to warn me that it was a suicide mission, but me being my stubborn self wouldn’t listen. And I was glad I didn’t, this fat man looked hardly like a challenge. A bullet to his temple and he’d be down for the count. Or so I thought, anyways.

I rocked on the balls of my feet quietly, getting ready to pounce, and making sure they weren’t asleep. Nothing worse than springing at your target to have your feet betray you. I’ve had it happened twice now, no way was I having a third. That would hurt the ego way too much, or what was left of it anyways. Whoever said girls don’t care about their ego as much as guys do, must have been high. Heck, I right hooked Jake one time for degrading me for missing a beat on a step, but that was Jake. Jake never had been good with dealing the female workers at the base... then again how many were there? Three? Four including myself. Two whom were major-ly butch and couldn’t tell the difference between the sharp end of a pencil and the eraser. One who... one who decided to have a fling with Jakes right hand man, Flint, only to wind up pregnant. Now that was one hell of an argument between her and Jake. She wanted to continue fighting and keep the baby, but he wouldn’t allow it. So now she was currently on "maternity leave", still living at the base, however, and coming back as soon as the baby was born. Well, maybe after she lost the excess weight.

I flexed my hands as an added precaution, it was starting to get chilly. Why didn’t I bring my gloves? Would have kept them warm and eradicated any chance of any fingerprints. My prints weren’t in the police’s data base, but it still worried me sometimes.

The man suddenly stopped, causing my body to tense up in anxiety. The worse that he could probably do would be to sit on me, but either way, having a fat guy sit on you wasn’t that much of an experience I wanted to endure. If worse came to worse, I’d strangle him. Personally, strangulation wasn’t my style, it gave me too much time to see their emotions in their eyes. When killing and hunting, I liked to think that the people I was killing were emotionless bastards. Helped ease the mind a little, but after seeing deaths happen around me for nearly my whole life, not much effected me anymore. Some may call me heartless and callous, and who was I to argue?

I soon discovered why the man had stopped, his cell phone had went off. Must have been on vibrate, for not even the scurrying sound of a rat broke the silence. I watched as he pulled out the phone and answered, his voice raspy. Was he out of breath from walking not even a full alleyway? How the hell was the guy one of the biggest threats to the base? Either Jake messed up, which was highly unlikely, or this was some type of joke for my one screw up. I had to force the growl of anger away for fear of giving away my position.

"Don’t give me that!" Snapped the man loudly and angrily, causing my head to snap back to him. His voice held a slight accent, which I couldn’t decipher what it was, but one thing for sure was that it didn’t suit him. He was a fat balding out of shape man with a horrible accent walking down a dark alley way with an assassin about to kill him... was it just me, or was there a major problem with this picture?

"I said no!" The fat man snapped on the phone, obviously irritated. I watched as he ran an annoyed hand through his hair... wait, what hair? My legs were getting stiff, I had to act soon... but the cell phone. It was open, and as Jake taught me, never attack when they’re on the phone. He had his reasons for that rule... many, so I learned when I asked. But that taught me a valuable lesson; never ask Jake why a rule is there. He’ll go on forever. "Fine, just don’t ship it yet." Ship what? My curiosity began to get to me now, my one weakness I had... okay the only weakness, so I say anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a small piece to see if anyone likes it. Thanks for reading.