Sequel: Ascension

Till Deceived Do We Part

Sweety

The cell phone being slammed shut hit my ears hard, such a loud noise in the quiet was almost deafening, ironically enough. But now was my time to act, no one else around, just my target who began to waddle, yes waddle, down to the door to a side club, but that was still a good twenty feet away. At his pace it would take awhile. Plus the music inside would drown out any of his screams. Or all of his screams, depending on how you look at it.

I rolled then leapt, landing not even a foot from him, but he was clueless. I hadn’t made a noise, like I planned. This was easy, too easy. I didn’t wait for the kill, nor did I suspend it so I could enjoy the agony I could make him endure, I just wanted to get back to base and ask what was up with the mission.

My gun fit my hand as if it was a part of it, the smooth grip sliding against my somewhat smooth hand. My arm shot up and just as I was about to pull the trigger, another gun fired; at me. I dived quickly, barely dodging the bullet. The bullet skinned my arm, leaving a long line of blood. I was use to way worse, so I didn’t give it a second glance. But I did glance back at the fat man. He was staring at me with slightly wide eyes before a smirk came on his face and he laughed. Sounded like a pig squealing though, in my eyes. Suits him.

I didn’t waste time getting to my feet and gripping my gun in my right hand... and pulling out another in my left. For there were now two humongous body guards on either side of the man. Where they came from, I don’t know... which scared me. Each guard was dressed in all black, typically, and each had one colt M1GA1 Vietnam assault rifle, and one colt 1911 Mk111. Where as I had just had my good ol’ 1911 GBB airsoft, along with a few standard daggers. This would be for their advantage, but not many men, or woman in my case, carried around such high powered guns. It was stupid, especially if they set of when not suppose to you. I wasn’t willing to risk losing my fingers, I liked them.

I shifted, a small smile playing on my lips. Now this would be fun. A challenge. The man finally stopped laughing and turned to me, I stared at him. There was no point charging them; while I went for one, the other one would take me down. It would be easier just to let them come to me... to lure them into my own plans.

"A girl?!" He said. His voice full of humour and that annoying accent. He snorted, only making himself seem more like a pig to me. "They sent a girl on me? Idiots." He then smiled at her. "Sweetie, if you beg and plea real good, I’ll let you skip off and to go have a tea party with your barbies. How does that sound?" He said in a mocking voice, as if he was talking to a little kid.

That got my blood to boil. It was as if he lit me on fire, literally. Screw the lure, he was dying now. I let out a string of bullets, thanks to the alterations on my guns, before diving to avoid the ones shot back at me. I rolled as soon as I landed and sprung to my feet before slamming my back against the wall to avoid another bullet.

My eyes snapped back up and my jaw dropped. Not only had none of my bullets made target, since one of the guards took the fat man to the ground, but now there were more guards... a lot more. In my quick scan I counted at least fifteen... all having the same guns. And all staring at me with their stone faces. Shit. This was no longer a challenge, it was a death sentence.

I shifted on the balls of my feet slowly, getting ready to jump at any second. They all eyed me like a piece of meat, in both sexual and hunting sort of way. It disgusted me, but I didn’t show it. One key thing to remember when doing a mission like this was to not get distracted, and not to show emotion. Those were the two most important things to remember.

One of the men in black raised his gun so it was aiming at my temple. I didn’t move. I wouldn’t until I either saw him pull the trigger, or I heard it. When neither came I relaxed my muscles, only slightly.

"I offer you one last chance." Came the fat mans voice, causing me to glance at him before returning my attention to the man still pointing his gun at me. "Beg. Let my see you bow down to me and beg for your pathetic life... and I shall grant it. How does that sound, sweetie?" My grip on my guns tightened substantially as I tried my hardest to remain calm. Another key thing to remember, never loose your cool. That was my biggest issue. I had been pulled from missions before due to that. But this mission I was acting alone, so I had no need to worry about anyone pulling me. But I did have to worry about the effects of loosing my cool on myself.

I smiled innocently at the fat man who was still staring at me, while I kept the corner of my eye on the other guy. "I would love to beg and bow down to you, but you see, these pants are new, and I don’t want to get them dirty." I said in a mock voice before putting on a serious face. "Okay sweetie?" That pissed him off; a lot. Which made me feel all warm and tingly inside. Sure, Jake had always told me to keep my mouth shut in times like these... but when I had I actually listened to Jake?

His face contorted with rage and anger as it grew red. This was just too funny, but I knew that in a minute or two I wouldn’t be laughing. He spluttered for a moment, unable to form a coherent sentence. After what seemed like ages, he finally spoke, voicing aloud what I figured they’d try any second.

"Kill her!" Tons of bullets, too many to try and count, all came for me at once. I jumped as fast as my legs would allow and rolled behind a near by dumpster. When in doubt... hide behind something that smells. Well, that was what Zane always said. He was an idiot though... a very talented assassin, but an idiot nonetheless.

The sound of bullets hitting the dumpster broke the silence that once was. I needed to act quick before they surrounded the dumpster. Glancing sideways, I noticed another dumpster. Either this was incredibly lucky... or Zane had done what he had always said he’d do; went on a rampage spreading dumpsters through the alleyways. I rolled my eyes at the thought of Zane, he was the stupidest person ever who always annoyed me and got on my nerves... but was like a brother to me.

I positioned my guns properly before going into a break neck speed run to the other dumpster. While passing through the unprotective area, I let out a string of bullets, hoping that some of the men would be taken down. And when the sound of flesh tearing and blood splattering hit my ears, I knew I succeeded somewhat. But I didn’t have time to check to see how many I killed or injured, I was already trying to think of what to do next.

There was no way I could take all of the men. I wasn’t that good, sure I may have a high ego, but I know where to draw the line. My only hope would be to get the fat man alone... or semi alone. Maybe with only one or two guards? But for that, I would have to split them up which seemed quite hard. I couldn’t just confuse them in a string of alleys, these alley’s were the easiest alley’s ever to find your way out of. Heck, a two year old could find his way out of them. So that meant one option... draw them to somewhere with a lot of people. My only problem would be that if the fat man stayed in the crowd, but as far as I knew, he was an idiot so I had no need to worry.

Now, where to go? It was night time, so going to the main streets was no option. It would only be rapers, serial killers and well... well assassins like myself out. So that was out of the question. My eyes then drew to the door the fat man had been heading to. I mentally hit myself for not thinking of it sooner. It wasn’t too far away, just a dozen feet or more from the dumpster. Now the big question was, could I get the door open before I got blown to pieces? Hmm, now this was a challenge I was up to. A grin found its way up to my lips. This would be fun. Like the testing rounds at the base we had to go through every year, only the bullets would actually do damage in this one. Ah well, what was life without risks?

I bounced on the balls of my feet waiting. I could sense a man walking up to the dumpster, on the side towards the door. This was actually to my benefit, he didn’t know that though. I smirked to myself before pressing my body against the dumpster. I mentally cringed, it smelled horrible. Well, Zane would be proud.

My back felt the cool metal against my back, soothing my aching back wounds from the previous mission I had screwed up on. I let out a deep breath, I couldn’t think of that now. It would distract me too much and I needed all of my mind right now. I seen the shadow of the guard, now sticking his gun forward. Wimp. He wouldn’t even face me like a man, he had to stick his gun around and shoot me. Stupid him though, he should have looked to see if he had a shadow. Sure it was barely noticeable, but I had been trained to notice these things. He should have been too, but I wasn’t going to complain.
I inched as far as I could before he would see me. As soon as his gun came in view I acted. Did he think I would just sit there and let him kill me? Idiot.

I grabbed his wrist and flipped him just as a row of gunshots were fired. I quickly pulled his body to me, brought my gun to his head and shot.

The vibration of the gun ran through me like electricity; it was like having an energy drink. It was on now. Blood now covered my outfit, but the material absorbed it leaving no trace. I love Jake at times, these type of things come in handy.

I pulled the dead body to my chest and ran, taking it with me as a shield. Sure it was a bit cowardly, but I was outnumbered by far. I would have to sacrifice a part of my ego for my life, but heck, if I managed to kill the guy with all of his body guys, my ego would be fine.

The bullets never stopped coming as I ran to words the club to door. A few bullets managed to skim my skin as I ran towards the club door. I didn’t dare look back for I could still hear the bullets coming. I could also hear the fat man shouting in his horrible accent for them to kill me. My hand wound around the door knob to the back entrance of the club, but before I could open it, the man who I thought was dead in my arms elbowed me in the gut. Sure it wouldn’t usually take me out but due to my already bleeding wounds it had some effect on me. I dropped him immediately, not the smartest thing on my behalf and fired. Then without even looking at all the bullets heading towards me, I wrenched open the door and stumbled in, still doubled over due to the elbow in the gut.