Sequel: Ascension

Till Deceived Do We Part

First date

I punched my bedroom wall in annoyance. I had been pacing my room for the last hour, glaring at the tiny piece of paper laying on my night stand. I hated Dane! I hated his guts! I hated how he made me feel! Damn it! I hated everything. I punched the wall again, making the dry wall crumble. What was knew? Jake was use to sending a contractor up to my room to fix it by now.

I wanted to rip up the piece of paper so badly, but I couldn’t bring myself too. Yet whenever I looked at the phone, my stomach would squirm. And not the type of squirm when you get peoples blood mixed in your hair, a different type of squirm.

I picked up the phone with a deep breath. I shouldn’t do this. Jake will kill me... I shouldn’t do this.

My finger pressed the first button and I mentally cursed. I then pressed the second... then the third. What was I doing? This was stupid?! It was suicide, what if he knew? What if Jake found out?!...

One ring, two ring. I was about to hang up when his voice rang through the receiver and I froze, physically and mentally. My brain stopped working and my feet stopped moving. How could a simple hello do that to me? It was as if he was here, though I knew for a fact he was no where near.

“Hello?” Came his voice again.

“Uh... hi?” I finally mumbled out lamely. Damn it! I took a deep breath to calm my raging nerves. I hated him. I hated him. I hated him. His laugh then rang through the phone, causing me to glare at the wall. What was one more hole? But before I could punch the wall, he spoke again.

“I didn’t think later would be so soon.” He said, then to my surprise, I said my longest sentence ever to him.

“I had nothing better to do.” Where did that come from? He laughed again, this time more joyful and happy. I scowled. I shouldn’t have done this. Jake was going to kill me, and if he didn’t, my raging emotions would. I had never felt like this before, and I hated it. I hated not knowing what to say and feeling completely stupid for saying things. I hated how my body reacted... I mainly just hated him, though.

“So your true side comes out. How about it coming out to me for dinner? Your treat.” At this I laughed, which surprised me. I rarely laughed, usually only in Flints pain or in a maniacal sort of way. I heard him chuckle and mumble something about me opening up, but I couldn’t stop laughing. I didn’t know why, I honestly didn’t, but I found myself oddly happy. I couldn’t stop smiling when I finally stopped laughing, and it scared me. “So, is that a yes? Or am I way out of your league?” I snorted now, causing him to scoff. I then bit my lip for what I was going to say next.

“Fine, I’ll pay, but you have to get the next one.” I could basically hear him smirk, I just knew he was. I didn’t know how I knew, but I did.

“So, you assume that I would want to go on another date with you?” Then before I could answer, he spoke. “Deal.” I held back my laughter and waited for him to tell me where to meet him, and he did. “In two hours, since you’ll take so long to get ready, at the Palasoo place on eighth. Okay?”

“Sure.” I then hung up before he could say anything else. I felt my back hit the wall as I slid down, breathing deeply. I closed my eyes and held my breath for a second before letting it out. Had I really done that? I shouldn’t have. It was stupid... it would ruin everything. But I couldn’t back out now.

I let my hands go to my stomach, why was I feeling so sick? Was it nerves? This was going to me my first date... my first. And the thought of him being my first relationship, first kiss and so much more, scared me. I wasn’t ready for this. I didn’t know how to act on a date. I didn’t know what to wear. And I had never worried about what to wear.

Opening my eyes I pushed myself up to my feet, and I was actually thankful for Flint making me go to the mall. Now I wouldn’t look so bad.

After an hour and a half of actually screaming in frustration with makeup, I was ready. Or as ready as I was going to be.

I wore a skirt, not long, yet not the micro mini’s that the sluts always paraded in. I had a white belt loosely hanging off it. On my feet I wore slight slanted platform that had ribbons that wrapped up my ankles, and I wore a light blue tank top with a white sweater.

My makeup was simple. But something, considering I usually wore nothing.

I stepped out of my room, my shoes clicking. My breathing was deep and I could almost literally feel my heart against my rib cage. Ugh! And now I had to go see Jake, not to tell him, of course not to tell him, he’d skin me; but to get keys to a car.

I kept walking until I got to the main room. I walked in, and as I thought, Jake was in there. As was Zane and Flint. Zane I didn’t mind, but Flint made me frown. I let out a deep sigh before walking towards them, ignoring Flints gaping expression at me for looking girly. I scowled, I was a girl! I was allowed to look how I damn well pleased. And if that meant wearing guys clothes most the time, then so be it.

Jake then turned to me and surprise flickered in his eyes before he smiled warmly. Zane also looked shock, but not as in Flints gaping expression one. Whatever, as if they hadn’t seen me do more surprising things before.

“Jake, can I borrow a car?”

“For what?” Came Flints voice, sounding slightly harsh. I frowned at him before turning back to Jake.

“Do I even want to know?” He asked, a small smile hidden in his features. I shook my head and he chuckled before pulling out keys and handing them to me.

“Where are you going, dressed like that?“ Came Flints voice again, I turned to him before rolling my eyes.

“Aww, does someone actually care?” I asked with a smirk before I turned and walked off, knowing full well he was staring at my ass. Ah well, let him stare, not like he was going to get it.

My foot pressed down on the gas peddle, seeing just how fast this thing could go, and surprisingly, it could go pretty damn fast. Usually Jake gave me the slow cars, just because I had a need for speed.

I pulled into the driveway of the restaurant and that’s when the butterflies hit me, and the reality that I was going on a date with a guy I shouldn’t. It was too late now. I was here, and I was doing this. I was doing something for myself for once. After stuffing the keys in my purse, yes purse, kill me now, I hit my had on the steering wheel before getting out.

I took my time to the entrance, not really excited anymore for the meeting up with Dane. This was stupid... yet my feet continued. My hand wound around the handle and pulled it open, making warmth and the smell of food hit me hard in the face.

I took a couple of steps, glancing around at the couples who were laughing and having fun. That was something I never had, yet I had never wanted it either...

An arm suddenly slunk around my waist, pulling me back into a hard chest. Before I could even gasp in surprise, warm breath was on my neck as he stuck his head by my ear.

“And here I was suspecting you’d be fashionably late.” I didn’t speak, my throat had went completely dry. And since when was he allowed to touch me like this, especially on a first date? Didn’t he have to wait till like... the theird? Heck, I didn’t know... but I sure wished I did.

I hadn’t even noticed him leading me to a booth until he let go and slid into his side. I slid into the other side before looking at him. He was dressed in a black button down shirt and jeans. He leaned forward, supporting his head on his hands, his elbows on the table, as he surveyed me, which I found slightly annoying. I gave him an annoyed look before looking away nervously. I shouldn’t have done this. It was stupid. I was stupid, wait, I wasn’t stupid, he was stupid.

“Hmm, so you’re not talking again?” I shot him a glare, only to find him smiling at me, which made my stomach flip. Stupid girl hormones. Why couldn’t I still think guys have cooties? Well then again, that concept was still kinda here, only with Std’s instead. “So,” he started, but before he could continue, the sound of someone yelling his name caused his head to snap around. I turned to.

A man, around Dane’s age... wait, how old was Dane? Ah well. Well, a man around Dane’s age, with a very revealed looking girl was making their way over to us. Crap. Now I get to sit near a contagious std girl. Just peachy. Dane turned to me and gave me a weak smile.

“I didn’t know they’d be here, honest. I’ll get rid of them as fast as I can.” So he wanted to be alone with me? Was that a good thing or a bad thing? Before I could continue talking, the man slid in Dane’s side of the booth, and the girl slid in next to me. She looked at me and gave me a stupid look before turning. My hand instinctively went to my dagger, which I had still managed to wear unnoticed under my skirt, go me! I had to stop myself, I’m sure Dane wouldn’t be happy if I killed his friends date... or was it his hooker? Doesn’t really matter, now does it?

“Andrayka, this is Kaz, and this is...” he trailed off looking at the girl beside me. I felt a wave of relief hit me as I realized he didn’t know the girl. But was I was relieved? He was on a date with me... not her? Or was it the fact that she was eyeing him like a wolf eyeing raw meat? Was this jealousy I was feeling?

“Chloe.” She said, in a sweet voice, battering her eye lashes. Oh gag, where’s a puke bag when you need it?

I glared at Chloe who was now laying out of the booth on the ground, blood spouting out of her nose and tears streaming down her face. To put it simple, Chloe said something not so polite to me, and well, I defended myself. At least I didn’t shoot her or stab her, it was just a punch... just a small one.

Laughter hit my ears and I turned slowly, my face still covered in rage. Dane was practically pissing his pants laughing as he glanced between Chloe and me. Kaz... he didn’t seem to know what to do. He was holding in laughter, and every so often he’d start to go to Chloe, then freeze. At least Dane didn’t think of me as some psycho... or did he? Well, I didn’t consider him sane either, so it was a perfect match...

I glanced up only to see an angry manager storming over to me, ah crap. Just great, there goes the dinner... and me paying. I smiled to myself and stood up, Dane seemed to notice the manager too for he stood up. Kaz now bent down by Chloe and helped her. Chloe was swearing like mad at me, but I only smiled. Guns and daggers may break my bones, but words will only entice me.

Dane was still laughing as he grabbed my hand and began to pull me towards the door, fast. The manager was yelling after us, but Dane didn’t stop pulling me, or laughing. And I hated to admit it, but I liked the feel of his hand in mine. It was somewhat soothing. Once outside he broke out in a run, making me have to run after him. And I found out something important then... running in platforms isn’t a good idea. We were almost at the park when my foot caught the pavement and my body stumbled forward. I could have caught myself, I would have caught myself, after all I did go through a lot of training, but Dane insisted on stepping in. He went to catch me, but at the angle, it only caused us both to land on the grass, my body on top of his.

My breath caught immediately as I stared down at him. He started laughing again, vibrating my body since I was on his chest. I scowled before hitting him in the arm and sitting up. He just laughed harder and sat up too, facing me.

“I have never laughed so hard in one night,” he gasped out. He was running out of air due to laughing. As I was contemplating whether or not to hit him again, he calmed down. “Did you see the look on Chloe’s face?! That was priceless, priceless!” I rolled my eyes and scowled. So much for the date... my first date.

“She deserved it. At least I got out of paying.” Dane fell over laughing again, he tended to do that a lot. I let out a frustrated sound and pushed myself off the damp grass. I began to walk forward before something grabbed my ankle. I was about to kick, but then I remembered Dane. He suddenly yanked, knocking me off my feet again, but I didn’t hit the ground, for I landed in his arms... not even an inch of the ground. He supported me like that, underneath him, while he stared down at me, a smile plastered on his lips. I couldn’t help but let a small smile appear on my lips... then I felt my cheeks go warm.

Wait, was I blushing?! No! Blushing was too girly, yet here I was beginning to blush like mad. He was over top of me, his arm wrapped around me, and he wouldn’t look away. What did I get myself into?

“I have to say, this is the most messed up date I’ve been on, but one of the most fun. What about you?” I felt my face burn, I shouldn’t tell him it was my first date, but then I found myself saying it without thinking. Why was I so comfortable around him? It was as if I could tell him everything, besides the whole killing thing. The only other person I could do that with was Zane, and occasionally Jake.

“This is my first date.” I looked away now, I swear I probably looked like a tomatoe. I suddenly felt his one hand cup my cheek and turn my head towards him. How he could support himself without hands? He must have strong legs... and a strong mid section. Oh gosh, here comes the drool.

“So, would that mean this is your first kiss?” My eyes widened and before I could say anything, his lips met mine. My eyes closed instinctively, and my arms wrapped behind his neck, pulling myself closer. His lips were so soft and ... so... so... so amazing. He pulled back slowly, and I opened my eyes half way, breathing deeply. My body was tingling and my stomach was flipping non-stop; once again, stupid girl hormones.

“Uh... yeah.” I managed out. He let out a laugh. Before pushing himself to his feet, pulling me with him. My face was still burning and it felt like my brain had shut down. A guy could come out and shoot me right now, and I wouldn’t do a thing. Which probably wasn’t good.

“Hmm, I believe you still owe me a dinner?” At this I laughed, gosh, what had this guy done to me?
“I believe it was your friends date that ruined it, so you owe me dinner... actually two if you count the next date.” I smiled innocently at him as he frowned, but it was a playful frown. He the smiled, something I was beginning to find addicting. I loved his smile, and I loved seeing it on his face.

“How about,” he breathed, his head coming down to me neck. His breath tickled my neck and caused me to shudder as shivers ran down my spine. “We stay here for the rest of the night. Call tonight even... and then I’ll buy you breakfast in the morning?”

I wanted to say no so bad, I wanted to keep to Jakes word, but I couldn’t. The way he said it was so tempting. The way his body held mine, the way he looked in the dim light... the way he treated me.

I ended up nodding my head, despite all logic. He smiled before sitting down, pulling me with him. He moved, rolling slightly, bringing me with him. He now lay on his back, staring up at the starry sky, me curled up into his side, his arm around me. How had he managed to get me in this position?

“Tell me about yourself.” He finally said. I tensed, what was I suppose to say? I’m an assassin who killed your father and kills for a living. What about you?

“What’s life without a few secrets?” I finally said, and I amazed myself by how brilliant it actually sounded. He let out a light laugh.

“I respect your privacy... slightly.” Before I could figure out what he meant, his lips met mine again, but it was only brief. Either way, it left my breathless.

He pulled away and stared at me, a smile on his lips. I’m sure my face was beat red and I looked really stupid, but I didn’t care. I just cared about one thing at the time, Dane. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his face to mine, connecting our lips again. He didn’t object, but I didn’t expect him too. After all, he was a guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for how 'lovey-dovey' this one is. It gets better though, I think anyways. Just keep in mind it's an assassin story so it shouldn't be too lovey-dovey. Thanks for reading.