My Living Nightmare

Chapter 17

“I’m hungry!”

“And I’m Alex, pleased to meet you,” I said.

“You are so boring, Lexie! I’m hungry! I wanna eat!” Sapphire shouted, pushing me off her and jumping up and down on my bed.

“We’ll go down to the kitchen after this song. By the way, why are jumping on my bed?”

“’Coz I want to! Yes I can see ya…”

“Don’t you ever get bored of listening to this song?”

“Nope, and didn’t you say we’ll go down after this song?” she asked.

“Yes, but that was before it started playing.”

“Excuses, excuses…”

I waited, not very patiently, for the song to end. It’s unbelievable how long songs seemed to get when you didn’t want to hear them.

“Okay, it’s done babe, let’s go eat,” Saph said, jumping off my bed.

We walked out of my room and down the stairs. As we turned the corner into the kitchen I saw the one person I have been avoiding all day. No forget that, all week.

Sean.

“Oh, give me a break!” I muttered.

Sapphire looked at me quizzically.

“What was that?” she asked.

“Nothing,” I lied.

Please God, let Sean be normal today. Please don’t let him be bipolar.

Sean looked up as we walked into the kitchen. He glanced at me in puzzlement. He was standing at the island, making a grilled cheese sandwich.

“Sapphire, this is Sean. Sean, this is Sapphire.”

“Hi,” Sean said.

“Hey,” she said, grinning. “Uhm, could you excuse us for moment?” she said, and proceeded to yank me around the corner.

“What?” I said in an undertone.

“He’s hot! I don’t know why you are complaining!” she whisper-yelled in my ear.

“I’m going you forget you said that. That way I don’t have to kill you.”

“I don’t see what’s so bad about him; he seems like a nice guy.”

“You’ve barely exchanged a sentence, how would you know? The guy can’t decide whether he hates me or likes me.”

“You’re over-reacting, Alex.”

“I am not. He is as bipolar as Mr. Cassidy.”

I was referring to our English teacher. One minute the guy’s smiling, the next he’s scowling.

“He can’t be that bad, no one can!”

“He is!” I said, striding back into the kitchen.

She followed me, grumbling silently about how “stubborn” I was.

What did she know?
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I probably should be doing something productive, but hey... this counts too, doesn't it? Lol, here you go :)