My Living Nightmare

Chapter 21

“They aren’t even back yet! They said they’d be back in fifteen minutes! Fifteen minutes came and went already! Where the hell are they?” I said walking up and down the driveway, and man, was that one long driveway.

“Quit stressing Alex, they’ll be back soon,” Saph said, blowing her bangs out of her face.

“Yeah, I told you, Matt drives slower than an old lady with a walking stick,” Tory said with a bored expression while looking at her bright orange fingernails.

The insanity in this world…

“Maybe that was a comfort before Sean floored the gas and drove down the driveway like a maniac,” I said, pointedly.

“Alex, you hypocrite! That’s exactly how you drive, if not slower,” Sapphire said in amazement.

“I so do not!” I argued back.

“Oh, yes, you do!” she went on.

“I can’t believe you’re siding with that jerk-no offence Tory-” I said, without a trace of diplomacy. Tory inclined her head, as if to say, ‘None taken.’ “I fear our friendship may never be the same,” I announced.

“Gosh, melodramatic much?” she said, chuckling lightly.

“This is not a laughing matter Sapphire, this is serious!”

“Wow, you sound just like my mother,” Tory said unexpectedly.

There was a moment of silence that was broken by Christine herself.

“Who died?” she asked, poking her head out through the kitchen door.

The three of us burst out laughing, confusing her further. She retreated back through the kitchen door, mumbling something about the “teenagers of today”.

Just then the boys tore up the drive in my red Aston Martin. The top was open so I took the opportunity to yell at them.

“Do any of you know how to tell the time?” I began my well rehearsed rant.

“Chill babe,” Matt said.

Oh, he was so dead.

Nobody, nobody but Sapphire calls me babe and that was only because she never listens to me. Especially if I have to hear it from somebody who happened to be of the male variety.

“Matt, don’t ever call me babe again, unless you want everyone to know about the Cheerio incident,” I threatened.

He gulped.

“Cheerio incident?” Tory asked, eyes widening in interest.

“It’s nothing, nothing,” he said nervously. He was probably scared she would use it against him. And she probably would, believe you me.

“The reason we took so long is because we stopped for ice-cream, and the queue was longer than The Great Wall of China,” Jamie explained, somewhat quirkily.

Ice-cream?

“Ice-cream? Ice-cream!” I yelled, jumping up and down, bad mood suddenly forgotten.

“How old are you?” Sean asked, smirking.

“Shut up, dummy head,” I dismissed him. “What flavor did you get me?” I asked eagerly.

“Dummy head? Seriously?” Sean asked, as if unsure about my sanity.

The guys climbed out of the car.

“Jamie!” I whined. Why were they keeping me in suspense?

“Sapphire said to get you a chocolate and vanilla, is that all right?” he answered, reaching over the open top and grabbing a polystyrene ice-cream holder. I didn’t even they made ice-cream holders…But I guess this is the 21st Century.

“I invited the guys over,” Sean said, pulling the keys out of the ignition.

“Where’s everybody going to go? We’re already six people,” Tory said, shifting uncomfortable.

Strange…

“Tory, did you bump your head or something? This house has got to be one of the biggest in the area,” Matt said, shaking his head.

“Yeah,” Jamie said. “We can put on a movie and order pizza; dad’s working ‘til late tonight. What do you girls think?”

“Honestly, I don’t give a crap, I just want the ice-cream,” I said, reaching over and grabbing the biggest cup. “Thanks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't been updating on a regular schedule, but it IS my summer vacation before college and all that jazz... Anyhow, hope ya'll enjoy the next few chapters, let me know if it was worth the wait.

Also!!! Special shout out to IceDeath who made my day yesterday and also gave me the kick I needed to update :) You're awesome.

Now... back to updating. Ceya:)