My Living Nightmare

Chapter 9

“Are you okay? What just happened? What-?”

“Guys, give her some room. Move!” Sean said, taking charge.

“Ergh, I’m fine, sorry.” I sat up slowly. As if dealing with a perverted teenage male, an angry best friend and a bipolar fiancé wasn’t enough for today, I had to get through it while having my period. Isn’t being a teenage daughter of a CEO wonderful? Isn’t it?

“Sorry? What are you sorry for? God, that almost gave me a heart attack,” Sean let out a baited breath.

“I hate it when that happens… any of you have an aspirin for me? My head’s killing me,” I said, leaning back into Sean’s pillow. What? If he’s going to be my husband he should at least share.

“Seth, go to the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, there’s a bottle of aspirin in there. Zach, there’s a glass of water on my desk.”

“Here,” Seth said, handing me the bottle of aspirin.

“Thanks,” I said, taking the glass of water from Zach.

“What do you mean; you hate it when it happens? Does it happen a lot?” Taylor asked.

“Kinda, but normally not so violently, and normally I don’t fall over,” I said vaguely. It’s not like I really wanted to discuss my menstrual cycle with a group of guys. “Besides, it doesn’t last long.”

Usually, I was sick for a day, and then I just had to wait it out.

I drank the aspirin quickly, as if the rate of speed that I drank the medication would speed up the recovery process.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Jake asked.

“I’m fine, and sorry.”

“Seriously, stop apologizing,” Skylar said with a half annoyed expression. “It’s not like you did it intentionally.”

“Still,” I said stubbornly. I blew out a breath through my mouth and closed my eyes, burying my head further into the pillow.

I felt something cool pressing onto my forehead and opened my eyes to see Sean’s face close to mine. His face was much too close to mine for comfort.

He moved his hand down from my forehead and onto my cheek gently, his eyes locking into mine. For a second neither of us said anything, just stared, his shocking blue eyes boring into my emerald green eyes.

“You’re not okay; you’re running a fever.”

I turned my head to the side, breaking off the eye contact and swallowing slightly. I was confused; what was that supposed to mean?

Automatically, my confused mind turned defensive.

“What do you care, Sean?” I spat harshly. I pushed him away from me and got up.

“Maybe you shouldn’t-” Skylar started to say before I cut him off.

“I should. I’m fine. Anyway, you came here to hang out with Sean, not me. Sorry I interrupted; I just had to teach Taylor a lesson,” I smiled at him, and then continued. “See you guys around.”

I walked over to the door, wincing a bit at the cramps in my stomach.

“Alex-” Sean began.

“No,” my voice was pure steal. “I’ll be in my room.”

And I stormed out into the hallway and walked into my room.