‹ Prequel: Hush
Sequel: Love You, Hate You

Forget About the Rain

Rain

“You know what we’ve never done before?” Alex randomly blurt, and the sudden sound of his voice echoing through the room caused his boyfriend, Jack, to jump slightly.

The two men had been spooning on Alex’s couch for the past two hours or so, the lights off and the blinds of the large windows opened completely so that they were able to view the outside world. It had been raining when they’d woken up that morning, and their favorite past time involved cuddling on the elder’s couch, swapping lazy yet endlessly sweet kisses while listening to the rain patter against the glass panes settled snuggly in their frames at the front of the house.

Well, second favorite past time.

Jack remained quiet while he thought about the question; he knew Alex would bug him until he made something of a guess. He was at a loss, though, since Alex would always cherish the silence of the moments for all they’re worth and then some. He was hardly ever the one to talk first, and sometimes he'd go so far as to not even respond when Jack tried to talk to him.

The younger man hummed softly after a while, letting his beau know that he’d heard the inquiry—but of course Alex already knew, since he was nearly shoved off the couch because of it—and was trying to think of an acceptable answer.

“We’ve never made a sex tape?” Jack offered up, hoping he was even just the slightest bit correct. Anything that involved sex was good, even if it was, like, public sex or something. It would kind of suck at the time, having to wear a cock ring and have a vibrating dildo pressed against his spot while having to keep quiet and not fidget around like a maniac, but in the long run? Yeah, that’d be pretty damn hot.

“No,” Alex scoffed, rolling his eyes and shifting from where he was leaning back against his boyfriend’s chest to gaze up at him.

“Then I honestly have no idea,” Jack said with the best shrug he could manage from how he and Alex were positioned. He gave his best answer, and that’s all that could be asked of him. “What have we never done before?”

Alex didn’t reply right away, instead craning his neck as much as he possibly could so that he was able to capture Jack’s lips with his own. Jack kissed back right away, thinking that yeah, this would most definitely lead to sex. Maybe they’d never christened the living room? There was that one time in the kitchen, where he’d bent Alex over the island a—

“We’ve never kissed in the rain,” Alex mumbled against Jack’s lips, and honestly, the younger wasn’t even sure he’d heard correctly. Alex was always the girlier of the two, sure, and it was known by pretty much everyone who’d ever come into contact with them, but this was to a whole new level.

“We’ve never kissed in the… You feeling okay, Lexy?” Jack inquired after leaning away a few inches to see his beau's face through the dim lighting, thinking maybe this was some joke or perhaps he’d just heard wrong; it wouldn’t be the first time he’d misinterpreted something Alex had told him.

"I'm fine," Alex said, sounding genuinely confused. "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, I just.. Like, where is this coming from? You've never expressed a sort of want to do it before?" Jack stated, mulling the words over in his own head. "Besides, what's even so special about it?"

"It’s romantic; can't I just want to do romantic things with my boyfriend every now and then?" Alex countered, and Jack laughed.

"You and I both know that I am probably the farthest thing from romantic that you've ever been with," he declared, squeezing the elder's waist in a way to tell him that he was somewhat joking. But only somewhat. A very, very small somewhat. "Our relationship isn't like that one movie... What was it called? The Journal or something?"

"The Notebook," Alex corrected. "And it's just a simple kiss in the rain; we can go out and do it now if we wanted to!"

"I don't really care what it's called," Jack admitted, shrugging. "And I'm sorry, Lex, but it's fucking cold out there. Can't we just go kiss in the shower where it's nice and warm and we don't have to wear clothes?"

"Are you kidding me," Alex stated deadpan, struggling to move out of Jack's grip.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No," Alex grumbled, but he was already storming out of the room.

"Prove it; come back and cuddle with me," Jack challenged, propping his upper body up by using his forearms.

"Fuck off," Alex called back, and it sounded like he was stomping around, either looking for something or not knowing where to go next. Jack was given his answer when he saw Alex walk past the living room, his boots tugged on sloppily and not even tied.

Jack sighed, standing to his feet and trudging out of the living room, out the hall and right on through the front door. Alex was already stood next to his car, fumbling with the keys to the vehicle.

"Lex, stop being so god damn dramatic about this; it's not even important," Jack called to him over the sound of the rain, crossing his arms and leaning his body into the doorframe as he continued to watch on.

Alex seemed to ignore him as he finally got the key jammed in the lock, too mad to even just click the locks open, before turning to face Jack again.

"It's not important?" he called back. "You know what's not important? A sex tape, but I'd make one if it'd fucking make you happy!" And if Jack claims he wasn't silently praying none of Alex's neighbors heard that, then he's most definitely a god damn liar.

"Lex, come back inside so we can talk about thi—"

"We've already talked about it, and apparently it isn't important!" Alex cried reaching for the door handle yet not opening it.

"I didn't mean it like that!" Jack argued, but in reality he just didn't know what else to say to stall Alex from leaving so that he could actually think of something to say to keep Alex from leaving.

"Then what did you mean by that?" Alex countered, and okay, maybe Jack didn't quite think ahead when he'd spoken; he was doing that a lot lately.

He couldn't reply, didn't know how to, and he could only stutter out an, "I... It was... Uh..." before Alex was scoffing and pulling on the door handle, opening the car door just enough for it to be considered open, but closed enough that neither he nor the rain could actually get in.

"Where're you going?" Jack asked before Alex could even say anything, and the elder fixed him with his best glare.

"I'm gonna go find someone who'll do things to make me happy," he called back, and it almost sounded like a challenge.

At least, that's how Jack took it.

It's not that he didn't want to do things to make the elder happy, it's just that... Well, rain is cold, and what is there that actually makes a cold, wet kiss romantic? Is it because it's in public, where anyone could see? If that was it then hell, Jack would just pay to have a thirty second long commercial of them kissing put on TV or something. That'd have the same amount of romance, right?

Then, of course, he had another thought. It was maybe pretty damn selfish to think, especially given the circumstances, but suddenly he didn't mind getting chilled to the fucking bone for nothing more than a simple kiss.

Alex, who was still standing next to his car in the pouring rain, knew how close Jack was to giving in. He could see it in the younger's face, could see even through the distance and rain how his eyes had glazed over, how his teeth had started to ever so gently press into his bottom lip.

The elder waited another few moments, watching his beau for any signs that he’d change his mind and just do this one, simple as all hell thing for him, before shrugging and opening the car door a little wider, making to get in.

That seemed to set the taller of the two into action, whose gaze snapped back into focus at the sound of the door creaking open. Sucking up his pride, he shook his head before darting out of the warmth that surrounded him. He caught up to Alex just as he was about to climb into the car and reached out, wrapping a hand around his arm and pulling him back.

Alex, who was now merely keeping up an act, pulled his arm away and glared up at Jack, fully prepared to snap even further at his boyfriend. He didn’t get the opportunity, however, because as soon as their gazes had met, Jack was leaning down the full inch or two to connect their lips.

Jack reached out and wrapped his arms around the other man’s waist, pulling their bodies closer together, trying—in vain—to keep whatever body heat they both had left circulating between them. Alex’s annoyance melted into nothingness as he kissed back, his own arms moving to wrap around Jack’s neck.

When Jack figured that all had finally been forgiven, he decided to take everything a step further. Closing the car door with his hip, he moved his hands down to the back of Alex’s thighs. After successfully lifting him up and having Alex wrap his legs around his waist, Jack turned and stumbled back up to the house, only setting his boyfriend down once they were both stood just inside the doorway.

“Was that so hard?” Alex teased, going in for another quick kiss before Jack even had the chance to pull away and close the front door. The light-haired man didn’t seem to mind about the wind and rain coming through the doorway, so Jack just left it, instead letting his arms return to their position around his beau’s waist as he leaned their foreheads together.

Jack shrugged, trying to make it seem like he’d just valiantly sacrificed sex for a week, answering, “Was kinda cold.”

Alex smiled and hummed, closing his eyes to just bask quietly in the moment. It didn’t really last long before Jack was asking, “You know what we’ve never done before?” Alex gave another simple hum as a way to let him know he could continue, already having completely forgotten about their earlier conversation.

He could, however, hear the smirk in Jack’s voice as he answered, “We’ve never made a sex tape before.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i h12 this and it's stupid and short and it took me over a week and i'm sorry
i don't really have any ideas for the next one yet either so it may take a while i'M SORRY
but hey if you're into mpreg then i started a fic that i've been updating nearly every day so there's always that i mean yee that's Baby, Just Hold On okay
thanks for the comments on Hush: weedandwhiskey, alltimelesbians, brileigh, kickthepj, jalex_barakarth3012, m0riarty, kirkentitties, jagklex, JagkBaraSlut, notabletoconnect and Jalex_stronghammer!
love you all!