My Heart is on my Sleeve

The Stars said so Pt. 2

Phoenix’s Pov

“Run! Get out of here!” I yelled at the guys. “I’ll be okay!” kicking the goon in the chest. someone jumped on my back. I twisted and threw the guy in front of me and stacked him in the chest. ashes flew everywhere. hearing the tires squeal i knew they would be safe. since they were human they aren’t strong and fast as me. not trying to sound all about myself but it’s true. too busy thinking i didn’t hear the last goon come up behind me and stabbed me in the back, just missing my dead heart. “ahhhh!” I screamed dropping to my knees. He went to stab me again. I quickly ducked to the right and jumped onto his back. my hands went straight to his head and twisted it off. the body dispersed into dust. thunder crackled above me. oh great just what i needed. but at least it washed away any evidence of what had just happened. limping away from the scene. i looked up and seen a park ahead. might just rest for a bit before making my way back home to the warehouse. pain was searing down my back. a warm feeling trickled down. walking towards the bench, i sat down on the corner of it, then laid back/ looking up at the angry sky. i could see rain falling down upon me. i was becoming numb. vision started to become blurry. “Hey mister are you okay?” a voice yelled. i rolled my head towards it, the last thing i seen was those eyes. her purple orbs staring back at me with concern on her face.

Raven’s Pov

Waiting outside a restaurant for the garbage is not as bad as it seems. the person that takes it out usually puts all the scraps in a to go container for me, so i don’t got to dig in like a bum. sitting on the other side of the ally staring like a vulture. I seen the backdoor slam open. I smiled as I seen him set down the container near the garbage, then walked back into the restaurant. getting up and creeping over, grabbed the container and walked away. looking down as I walked i seen a note on top “Sorry but the only thing savable tonight was the bread. enjoy.” silently thanking him I was happy. bread or not, it was food. taking a piece out and putting it in my mouth. I kneeled down and shoved the container into my bag. getting back up and checking the time. I knew i had at least 25 more minutes before heading back to the shelter. I knew taking a shortcut through the park was risky but I couldn’t waste anytime.

Thunder crackled as I walked fast to the park, rain started falling down soaking me. A dark figure was ahead, it looked like it was woozy then fell backwards on to the rest of the bench. I knew it was dangerous talking to this figure, but I cared too much to leave a person outside in this type of weather. “Hey mister are you okay?” I yelled towards them walking closer. they made no sound as I stood next to them. I leaned in closer and was going to take their pulse. but jumped back in fright, when they moved their head towards me. His eyes were like stars. They shone very brightly. A bright hazel stared back at me. then they closed. looking down a dark puddle was growing. Oh no He’s hurt. leaning down and grabbing his arm I threw it over my shoulder. bending my knees I used all my strength to lift him up. “come on, wake up. at least try walking. please” I begged him. His head slowly picked up and mumbled “Okay”. We both leaned on each other, well him mostly and we fast walked through the park. Dark shadows started to appear. we had less than 10 minutes to get there. The wind started to pick up. leafs blew by us. a shiver went down my spine. goosebumps were going across my arms. Street lights were starting to turn on. Looking up I could see the shelter right ahead of us. picking up speed, I could see Daisy standing there looking for any last remaining people wandering in. “Daisy Help me! please he’s hurt!” I Yelled at her. She yelled for help then ran over to me. “What’s wrong with him?” she asked concerned. “ I... I don’t know. I found him laying on a bench in the park. there was a huge puddle of blood underneath him. He passed out twice while walking here.” I quickly explained my story to her. she nodded her head and grabbed his other arm and put it over her shoulder and we carried him into the shelter.

Phoenix’s Pov
Pain was shooting down my back. there was someone touching me, it felt like water was being poured near my shoulder. A sizzling sound could be heard. “It looks deep, but at least it won't become infected now” an older women’s voice said out loud. “He’ll be okay though right?” Her voice again, I hear it. it’s not fake. It’s not a dream. “yeah, He’ll be okay, just has to rest now and let his body heal.” I felt her presence near me, my fangs were throbbing to come out. Her blood smelled so sweet, like cotton candy. Her hand touched my hair, petting it down. stroking it. It felt nice. no one has done this to me before. this what must caring feels like. i like it. everything before this was… just not right. there was nothing wrong with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some chapters are going to have the same title but like pt 2 or 3 with it.
I'm trying to turn this into a book sort of and with so many pov's I felt this was right to do.
thanks for reading. :)