A Tuesday Afternoon

Chapter One.

It was more feel than touch.

Under the covers, away from the rest of the world, they were oblivious. The covers pulled over their heads, their faces so close their noses were touching, their breaths intermingling with another. If you listened closely you could hear his murmured "I love you"s and her hesitant ones back. You could see how calculated their movements were, how he touched her as if she was made from porcelain that would break under too much pressure, how her eyes drank in every detail of his scarred body, afraid that if she looked away, he would disappear forever.

His hand was on her hip, then he wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her tiny body closer. He kissed her forehead and she sighed.

She hid her face in his chest, inhaling his scent. She traced her finger down his body, loving the feeling of his skin under hers. He shivered and she pulled her hand away, afraid of what she did. He smiled, chuckled softly, and replaced her hand, pulling back just a bit to look her in the eyes, showing her the friendliness that they contained. She gave him a relieved smile back and he kissed her forehead, returning back to their previous position.

Everything was a little bit of yes and a little bit of no, a little bit of push and a little bit of pull, a little bit of red light a little bit of green light. Things were careful, like toddler learning to take its first steps.

But slowly, things were progressing into mostly yes, mostly pull, mostly green lights.

Things were mostly a little bit of love.