Status: Complete.

I Won't Let You Leave.

Closer To You.

Seth's P.O.V.

That morning, I awoke to Jeff still next to me, holding me against him, but he was awake. Squinting my eyes as the daylight hit me, I looked up at him. His bright eyes greeted me, and he smiled at me.

"Morning" he spoke.

"Good morning" I replied, starting to sit up and move over next to him, smiling in return.

"Did you sleep good?" he questioned, wrapping his left arm around me and hugging me against him.

"I slept really good, because you were here. Best I've slept in the last year" I spoke, snuggling against him.

"Me too. I'd give anything to have that every night again".

"So would I" I agreed.

Suddenly, there was a loud pounding on my hotel door, making me jump.

"Seth! Rise and shine, dude. We've got to get going!" Dean shouted.

"Fuck! I forgot to set my alarm last night" I stated, pulling myself away from Jeff and pushing the covers off.

Dean began pounding the beat to 'We Will Rock You' on the door, repeatedly, while chanting "Get up, Seth!" with each hit.

Jeff chuckled, and said "Dean's still the same, crazy persistent guy he always was".

I laughed back and said "He'll never change".

Getting to my feet, Jeff pushed the covers off and bent over to grab his jeans off the floor as I walked to the door.

"I hear you, Dean!" I shouted, making the pounding and his chanting come to a stop.

"About time! Open up, I got you a coffee to get your ass moving!" Dean announced.

Getting to the door, I unlocked it and cracked it open slightly to see Dean standing there, his hair disheveled and messy.

"Looks like you just woke up, too" I laughed, making note of his hair.

"Shut up. I'm not a morning person either" Dean spoke, shoving the coffee cup towards me. "Here. Just how you like it".

"Thanks" I said, taking the cup out of his hand and holding it in my left hand.

"Why are you keeping the door so closed?" Dean noted.

"I'm only in my boxers" I said, realizing that was a lame excuse.
"That never stopped you before. Besides, it's not like I haven't seen you in less than that" he joked, smirking at me. "Let me in, I need to piss".

"Go to your room and piss" I retorted.

"I already checked out, so I can't. Now let me in".

He playfully shoved the door open, and pushed by me, stopping in his tracks.

"Now I see why you wouldn't let me in" he grinned, eying Jeff as he stood up and zipped up and buttoned his pants, while I closed the door.

"Dean..." I said, trying to get him to knock it off.

"Nice to see you, too" Jeff spoke, eying Dean now.

"I didn't know you were out or that you came here last night" Dean said. "Sorry if I'm intruding".

"No, not at all man. I was going to head out in a few anyhow. I knew Seth would have to go soon" Jeff stated. "I've been out for a bit, but was giving Seth some time".

"Well, it's good to see you. You look really good and healthy" Dean complimented.

"Thanks man. Feels good being out and healthy" Jeff stated.

"I bet it does. I know what hell rehab is, believe me. I'll never put myself through that again" Dean agreed.

Jeff nodded in agreeance, and I took a sip of my coffee, swallowing it down.

"Let me piss, and I'll be out of here" Dean said, signaling to the bathroom.

He walked over there, closing the door behind him.

"Sorry about that" I apologized.

"No, it's cool. It's nice seeing him again, too" Jeff smiled.

Walking over to him, I sat my coffee down on the night stand and wrapped my arms around his shoulders and neck. His arms instantly went around my waist as he pulled me against him. Our bodies touched and my body felt warm instantly.

"Yeah, but he shouldn't have barged in like that" I stated, looking into his eyes.

"Dean's like that though" he chuckled. "No hard feelings. We had the night together".

"Yeah, and I'm thankful we did" I smiled at him.

"Hopefully we'll have another night together soon... for our date" he winked.

"I sure hope so. I'm looking forward to it" I boasted.

"We'll work it out soon".

Suddenly, we heard Dean clear his throat. We both turned our heads, looking at him standing there.

"Sorry, didn't want to bother you two. But I'll step out and wait in the car. So hurry up" Dean said, heading to the door. "We're on a time crunch".

"I'll be out in a minute, let me get dressed and brush my teeth" I noted.

"Alright. I'll be waiting" Dean said, opening the door and closing it behind him.

"I don't even want to go yet" I said, turning my focus back to Jeff as he did the same, our eyes meeting again.

"Me either, but you've got to. It's your job. I'll be watching you tonight on Raw" he smiled softly.

"Knowing you're watching will be good for me" I returned the smile.

"Come on, let's get you dressed".

Digging through my bag after we parted, he pulled out a pair of my pants and one of my T-shirts and handed them to me.

"You get dressed and brush your teeth, I'll pack your stuff up and take it out to the car" he offered.

"Thank you, babe" I said, as I slipped my pants on and did them up.

Putting my shirt on after, I headed to the bathroom and quickly freshened up and brushed my teeth. Washing my face after and clearing the sleepy daze from my eyes, I dried it off and looked at my reflection. Grabbing my hair tie off the sink, I ran my fingers through my messy hair, and pulled it back into a ponytail and walked out. Jeff came back in and I grabbed my coffee off the stand.

"I went ahead and checked you out, to save time. Hope that was alright" he noted.

"You are too fucking sweet, Jeff. I love you" I said.

"I try to be" he smirked. "I love you, too".

Slipping my shoes on, I headed to the door where Jeff was standing. Holding my coffee in my right hand, Jeff slipped his right hand into my left, holding it tightly as he interlaced his fingers with mine.

"Come on, I'll walk you out".

We stepped out and I closed the door behind me, as we then walked to Dean's car where he and Roman sat in the car. Jeff opened the passenger side door, since Roman was in the back and Dean was driving, and held it open so I could get in. I didn't want to leave Jeff most of all. I was being given another chance with him after a year, and a few hours wasn't long enough. A few hours was never enough. I needed days. Weeks. Months. Like we used to be. Reaching in, I sat my coffee in the cup holder and backed out to tell Jeff goodbye.

"Well..." I paused, trying not to let myself become emotional as I looked at him again, "I guess this is goodbye for now".

I hated saying 'goodbyes'. Especially when it came to Jeff.

"It's not forever though, so don't look so sad" he spoke.

He knew me too well. He knew goodbyes were always difficult on me.

"I'm a phone call away, or a text away, remember?" he reminded. "I'm not in that prison anymore, and we'll see each other soon, even if I have to travel to you. I'll do it and you know I will".

He spoke the truth, and I knew he would. He loved me just as much as I loved him. Nothing changed in that year apart, and I could tell by the way he still looked at me. And I was sure he could still see it in the way I looked at him.

"I know, but it just sucks", I paused, looking down at the ground beneath me. "We finally have a moment to be together and... we can't even have enough real time to do it".

His left hand slipped under my chin, raising my head up so our eyes met again. I could feel the moist tears filling my eyes as I looked at him. Dropping his hand, he immediately embraced me in his arms, hugging me against him tightly and kissing the top of my head as I buried my face in this right shoulder.

"Don't cry. I know, I wish we had more time" he spoke, "But there will be more time together. I promise you that. You won't lose me to that place again, ever. I love you, Seth".

"I love you, too" I sniffled, pulling back, but putting my arms around his waist.

He smiled at me and said, "I'll come see you in a few days. Would that be alright? Or I'll come see you at the Pay Per View this Sunday?"

"I'd love for you to be there for that. We can go out after for a date or something" I grinned.

"That sounds like a plan. I'll book the ticket when I get home, and I'll meet you there" he noted.

"I can't wait".

"Me either".

Right then, the car horn blared, causing us both to jump and look over at the car.

"Hate to break up the lover party, but we've really gotta roll" Dean said loudly.

"I better go" I noted.

"Good old Dean" Jeff chuckled, making me laugh a little too.

"He's just bitter 'cause he's not in love" I whispered, jokingly.

"We'll hook him up with someone, maybe he'd stop being a Scrooge", Jeff laughed.

"Maybe" I smiled.

Releasing one another from our grasp, we kissed one another quickly on the lips and I went to get in the car.

"I'll call you later to let you know when I have it all booked" he said, reassuring me.

"Alright. I'll be waiting".

Climbing in the passenger side, I got adjusted and Jeff put his hand on the door, preparing to close it.

"Bye for now. And drive safely, Dean" Jeff advised.

"Always do" Dean smirked. "Catch ya later, Jeff".

"Later Dean. Bye Roman"

They exchanged 'byes' and Jeff closed the door after one more quick kiss, and I belted myself in. Dean backed out of the parking spot, and shifted the car into drive once we were cleared. Taking one more look at Jeff, he waved and I waved back, as Dean rolled out of the parking lot, leaving Jeff and the motel behind. Tears had begun to fill my eyes again as we pulled out onto the road and headed to the arena. It all seemed surreal, and I hated this moment had to end. I didn't particularly enjoy crying around Dean or Roman, but I couldn't stop how I felt. A year without the man I loved, and would have done anything for was out and in my life again. And last night was not enough time with him to make up for that year.

"I'm sorry if it seemed like I was rushing you two" Dean broke the silence.

Clearing my throat and wiping away the falling tears with my left hand, I quickly said "No, I understand... We're on a schedule, and I can't make us all late".

"Seth..." Dean paused, "You know I want to see you happy, and I know Jeff makes you happy. I know you haven't seen him for a year, and it's been a tough year. I'm just afraid and worried you'll get hurt again".

"You can't be fucking serious right now Dean" I spat, eying him as he kept his view on the road.

Roman was in the back with his headphones on, so I was hoping he wasn't listening.

"He almost killed you a year ago Seth. I know you love him, but I love you too, as a friend, and like a brother" he retorted. "I don't hate Jeff, and I'm glad he got clean, but people can relapse".

"He got clean because of me and for me Dean!" I shot. "He won't fuck up like that again, he loves me".

"I'm not saying he doesn't love you or that he'll relapse. I'm just wanting the best for you. That's all. When I see he's changed, I'll lighten up on it. But until then, I'll always worry about your safety" he explained.

I understood his concern, and I appreciated it from him. Letting out a deep breath, I tried to calm down before this turned into a heated debate. I didn't want to fight with Dean. He was like a brother. I just had to remind myself that he was looking out for me, the same way I'd look out of him.

"I'm sorry if I seem like I'm lashing out, I'm just emotional I guess" I apologized.

"No, I understand. No offense taken. You love him, and I understand".

Looking away, I eyed the road and sighed.

"I know you're looking out for me. I can't blame you after what happened a year ago" I cleared, remembering the hell he had gone through with me.

"I was right there by you in the that hospital, and seeing someone I considered my brother half dead in a hospital bed isn't the best feeling. I'm always going to make sure that doesn't happen again" he spoke.

"I know... Just give him a chance Dean. That's all I ask" I pleaded.

"I'll give him a chance, because I know how much he means to you. He better not fuck up, or I won't ever trust him again" he made it clear.

"He won't".

I felt positive he wouldn't, I believed in Jeff.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A Year Later...

Waking up that morning, I turned to my left, eying Jeff who was next to me.

"Morning" he greeted, smiling.

"Morning babe" I replied, grinning.

"We're gonna have to hit the road soon" he noted.

Groaning, I said, "I don't want to leave here. We're never home enough".

"Home to me, is wherever you are. And as long as I'm with you, I'm fine" he smiled, glowing.

"Yeah, but no hotel room beds beat our bed here" I laughed.

"Yeah, maybe so. But if you're in that bed, it's perfect" he reminded.

"I couldn't agree more" I agreed, raising up and planting a kiss on him.

"Let's go shower and pack up. We've got a long drive" he noted, getting up and heading to the bathroom to get the water ready.

Sitting up and stretching, I looked around our house as I yawned. I hated leaving our house. But Jeff traveled with me constantly when he could. We were barely apart. He was two years clean, and healthier than ever. I moved into his house, and everything fell into place. That year gone didn't change how we felt. It only changed us for the better.

"You coming babe?" Jeff called.

"Yes I am" I replied, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know it was kind of a fast ending, but I wanted to keep it short in a sense, & not drag it out too much, especially since I tend to have a procrastination problem on finishing stories that end up being really long. Hope anyone who read this enjoyed it. It was a random, spur of the moment idea, & I haven't written in ages, so it's kind of a revival to writing. Any feedback is welcomed!