Ignition

Southern Belle

I would say that I had a pretty successful day. I made nice with someone who lived on the same floor as I did, got spare keys made, and had a tour of the United Center, or as everyone calls it, the "Madhouse", although I'm really not sure why. Apparently one of the NHL teams played there, maybe I would be lucky to catch a game or two if I wasn't working or busy with school.

As I got back into my apartment, I figured that I would do an in home workout. I hooked my MacBook Pro up to my speaker system and started one of my Black Keys playlists. I changed into a sports bra and spanks knowing that no one would be coming over.

I was on my third thirty second handstand hold, I heard a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting it at all, and it scared me so that I fell. "Coming!" I walked over to the door and quickly opened it. "Hello?"

"Hi Miss! We live across the hall from you and Mommy wanted us to give you this to say welcome." The cutest little boy and his older sister had brought over a plate of cookies for me.

"They are gluten free, and made with all natural products, Mom is a bit of a nut." The girls was probably sixteen, maybe seventeen and the boy six or seven.

"Thank you! I try to eat as healthy as I can. My name is Lexington by the way." I gently took the plate from the little boy.

"I'm Travis and this is my sister Kelly." They seemed like good kids, very polite as well.

"Do you guys want to come in and get something to drink? I think I have milk and juice." Sweat was dripping off of me, when I became aware of what I was wearing.

"Do you have apple juice?!" The little boy seemed overjoyed to have the drink as they walked in.

"I have something a little better than apple juice for you buddy!" As I lead them into the kitchen I took the remote off of the counter and turned my music down. The two set themselves at the island as I opened the fridge and got two Apple IZZEs out of my fridge, two glasses from the cupboard and some ice from the freezer. I filled the bar glasses to the top and slid the glasses over. "I'll be right back guys!"

I ran to my room and put on a tank top and shorts over my workout clothes and wiped the sweat off with a fresh towel. When I came out Kelly looked at me in awe. "Whats up Kelly?"

"How did you learn to do that, you poured without making a mess and filled it to the top without spilling!"

"I was a bartender back in the town where my last school was and I worked at a bar back home. I can teach you if it's all good with your parents! It's wicked fun, I highly recommend it for a job!" I took a drink from the second bottle of IZZE and leaned on the countertop.

"Do you know about the hidden closet?" Travis jumped out of his chair and walked down the hall. I followed him, curious to what he was going to show me. "Can I go into your room?"

"Of course buddy, go ahead." He pushed my door open and went into my closet. He moved a few jackets out of the way and pushed the wall over with his hands. With that, there was an open room, small, but big enough to store more of my winter things.

After seeing the room, the two kids left, and I took another quick shower to get off all of the sweat. Once I had gotten into some comfortable clothes, I looked for my Northwestern hat, but wasn't able to find it.

Thinking that I must have left it in my car, I went down to look. Thankfully, I had left it in the passenger seat of the car. When I got out, I saw a black Chevy SUV pull in, with Patrick in it. "Hey there." Not wanting to be disrespectful, I greeted him as a friend.

"What's up Lexington? Find everything okay?"

"Oh yes, thank you for the directions!"

"Anytime!" It was a silent ride up the elevator, and down the hallway, but it was comfortable.

"Um, Lexington, I'm having a Bar B Q this Friday on my deck if you want to come over. Some of my…friends will be there."

"Sure, I accept your invitation. Can I bring anything over or help set up once I get out of classes?" I put my key in the door and pushed it open.

"I don't think so, but I will let you know!"

"Okay, thank you Patrick, enjoy the rest of your night," I smiled and gave a small curtsey to him.

"You too, Southern Belle." He smiled, and went into his apartment.