Ignition

Friday `

I had lived through my first three days of classes thank goodness, and even managed to make a few friends. As I laid out on my couch I remembered that I had a BBQ at Patricks tonight at seven. I had two hours before I had to be over there, so I set a timer for forty-five minutes and shut my eyes.

~~
BANG! BANG! BANG! I jumped up with a startle and walked over to the door.

"Hello?" I asked while rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry Lexington, did I wake you up?" Patrick was at my door and a blue v neck and tan colored khaki shorts.

"Yeah, but it's all good. What's up?" I opened the door to let him in, as I know that he would walk in.

"I was wondering if I could borrow your speakers. I've heard them in the hallway and mine are not nearly as nice as yours are." Patrick came in and sat down on my coach as I closed the door and walked towards my speakers.

"Sure! They are pretty heavy, I'll help you bring them over." I got on my knees and began unplugging cords and wrapping them around the speakers.

"You think I'm incapable of carrying speakers that may be heavy?" Patrick was being sarcastic as he usually was when we ran into each other.

"You're just kinda small, thats all!" I laughed and picked up the speaker that was sitting on the floor. it would take us two trips since there were four in total.

"Little do you know," Patrick mumbled, but I still heard. I followed him out of my apartment, and towards his. I moved out of the way so he could open the door, so I could follow him in.

Let me just say that his apartment was HUGE. Much larger than mine was, and I thought that was a lot of room. We walked through the entry way, the living room, through another room, and finally ended up on the porch area. It had a roof over it to protect from weather and it had tables, chairs, and a table for the speakers.

We set the two speakers down and I mindlessly played with hair until Patrick had the bottom two positioned the way that he wanted.

I faced Patrick and said, "good?"

"Yep," and with that, he picked me up with one hand and through me over his shoulder.

"Put me down! Patrick!" I was laughing as he picked me up, and I knew it was to prove a point. I didn't kick or anything, I just waited for him to put me down.

"Nope, not until you admit that I am not 'kinda small'," he turned so I could put my key in the door and let us in.

"Fine, Patrick whateveryourlastnameis you are not 'kinda small' and can probably carry the rest of the speakers by yourself, in one trip." I could barely get through the sentence without laughing at every word that I was saying.

"I accept, now, what do I need to get music going?" He gently set me down on my own two feet and proceeded to pick up one of the last two speakers.

"Yep, all you have to do is plug in this cord to a computer or phone and you are good to go," I picked up a cord to the main speaker as we walked back to Patricks place.

"Perfect, would you want to make a playlist for tonight, I haven't even looked at the steaks that I bought for tonight," Patrick made a puppy dog face at me only making it more convincing to do so.

"Sure, what kind of music do you want? I can pretty much do anything," I pulled one of the cords out so it would be easy to hook my Mac into.

"How about country into something we can dance to if we stay out that long?"

Country eh, I wouldn't have taken Patrick as a country guy, but my music library could easily mix a little bit of Luke Bryan with Kenny Chesney. "Okay, sounds perfect, I'll go work on it right now! I'll have you proof it before I start the playlist."

"Sounds good Lexington, see you in a bit!" Patrick walked back into his apartment and headed towards what must be the kitchen to start getting everything ready.

I went back to my apartment and sat down with my MacBook Pro picking my favorite country songs that reminded everyone of summer. Out Last Night, Dirt Road Anthem, Fishin' In The Dark, and Something Like That were just a few of the songs that I put into the playlist. I had just got into more dance type music when I heard multiple hands knocking on my door. After looking at the time, I almost had a heart attack, it was already 7:10PM and I promised Patrick that I would be one of the first ones there. Well, obviously not this time.

I closed my Mac and jogged towards the door. My elephant crop top and white shorts would have to do for this occasion. "Coming, coming!" I opened the door and didn't see Patrick at all. All I saw were three guys who were muscular and very attractive. "Oh, excuse me guys, I need to be going to a party now." I slid by the tallest guy and walked towards Patricks apartment.

"That's why we came and got you, Patrick said that you promised, and who breaks their promise to Patrick," they followed behind me as I speed walked down the hallway to his apartment.

"Oh, well thank you. I could have been there all night creating a playlist and perfecting it with faders if you all hadn't knocked on my door. Oh! How rude, I'm Lexington." I extended my hand and shook hands with all of them.

“I'm Jon, this is Viktor, and the other Patrick,” he pointed to each of the men before following me into Patricks apartment.

“Sorry for being late! I owe you, but I do have a kick ass playlist for you,” I walked over to him, and gave him a hug, something that I had always done when entering a party at home. That's when I felt a shock. Literally. I think Patrick had some static electricity that was released onto me. How charming. And then I looked up. There were probably fifteen other guys in the room with Patrick. What was this? A guy night?

“It's all good! Everything is where we left it, so let the music roll. Are you old enough to drink?” Patrick nodded towards where the speakers were as he walked backwards to the cooler where I could see multiple beers.

“Technically, no. But if you want I.D proof I can go grab my fake!” I raised my eyebrows at him as he just laughed and picked a beer up. I quickly ran out to his porch and plugged in my Mac, hitting play and closing the screen to save battery.

When I returned Jon walked up to me with an open Corona. “I wont tell if you don't,” he winked at me, and proceeded to go talk to some of the other guys that were in the room. I should probably see if there is anything I can help with, but first find out who these guys are!