Ignition

Afternoon

I don't think that I have ever been happier soaking in my jacuzzi. When I got out and looked at the clock I couldn't believe that it said two pm already. I groaned and sat down at my desk. The only homework that I had was to read a chapter from my art history textbook and know the major works by Michelangelo and be able to talk about them the next class period. I got out note cards, highlighters, and a pen to make flash cards to be prepared for the first test that we had. As I highlighted in my book, and wrote pieces of work down on the flashcards I completely lost track of time. The next time I looked up, it was almost five, and I had made my textbook look like it was a small child's coloring book with the multiple colors of highlighted areas and the arrows pointing towards notes in the margins.

I felt accomplished with my work for the day, and organized the flashcards and set them in the container, and began putting everything away. I was a very organized person, so I had a drawer for all of my textbooks, a container for highlighters, pens, and blank note cards. When I was completed, it looked as if I hadn't even used my desk at all.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled out a frozen chicken breast, romaine, arugula, carrots, cucumber, tomato, and feta cheese. I hadn't eaten all day, and I wanted a hearty salad with protein for dinner. I put the chicken into the microwave to thaw as I started to construct my salad. I always made a large salad so I would have leftovers and not be tempted to order in shitty food. I had worked at restaurants before, giving me the knowledge to slice and dice my vegetables and fruits (yes, I consider a tomato a fruit!!) and prepare the romaine the correct way. Once that was done, I was able to pull the chicken out of the microwave and cook it.

As I was finally eating my delicious meal, there was pounding on my door. I figured that I would know who it was, so I took my plate with me and opened up the door. “I need help.”

“Good to see you Patrick,” I followed him into my living room where he sat down.

“They wont leave. I have guys passed out in my bed, the coach, and the rest are still hanging around,” Patrick ran a hand through his blond curls and looked towards me for help.

“Oh no, no, no. You are not coming to me because you cannot get your teammates out of your apartment. Just tell them that you want them out. It shouldn't be that hard, right?” I looked at him like he was crazy as I continued to eat my yummy meal.

“I was wondering if I could just stay here for a little bit? If they realize that I am gone, they will leave for the night and get the hint that they really did not need to be in my apartment for so long,” Patrick looked at me with pleading eyes, and how could I refuse something so cute?!

“Fine, I don't have cable so you can pick a DVD or something to watch.” I let my back fall back onto my couch next to Patrick and watched him stand up to pick out a movie. I had three racks filled with everything from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho to The Emperors New Groove. I was a sucker for Disney movies, what can I say? I noticed that all of Patricks muscles were very defined, something that made my mouth water.

No! I was not going to crush on some athlete guy that lives down the hall from me. He probably has girls over all of the time and treats them to fancy dinners with all of his money. I would not allow that to happen to me. No sir, no way.

It was hard to peel my eyes off of Patrick so I looked down at my salad and tried counting all of the pieces of arugula that I could find. “Is there something wrong with your salad?”

Patrick had picked out a movie and hard turned to look at me. “Oh, no, just um, trying to remember if I put sunflower seeds in it or not,” sunflower seeds? Is that the best excuse I could come up with in that little amount of time. This was going to be a long two semesters....

“You are a weird one Lexington, so I just put the disk into the side of the television?” Patrick pointed to the side of the Television where there was disk input.

That was my favorite aspect about my television. Since I decided not to have cable because I would not use it, I bought one with a built in DVD player so I would not have all of the extra cords and remotes. “Where did you get your television, this is so sick. Do you know how many cords I have lying around the place for me to trip over?”

I laughed, “that is the exact reason that I bought this model. I can't stand how messy cords look on the floor, and you can't hide them well.”

Patrick came back over to the couch and sat down. Like a typical guy, he sprawled out making himself comfortable. Not wanting to look weak towards him, I focused more on my salad and finished eating quicker than I usually would. “You picked Weeds?” I laughed as it was one of my favorite shows from HBO.

Yeah, Viktor always raved about it, and I saw that you have all eight seasons so I thought I would give it a try. You have them all, so you must have liked it.” The first scene was just ending, along with the large helping of my salad. I got up and walked into the kitchen discarding the bowl and fork into the sink. Wanting to show my guest some hospitality I opened my fridge and grabbed two Lagunita's Sucks Double IPA's and walked back into my living room.

Why was I not even surprised to see Patrick sprawled out on my couch, already asleep?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short, my classes are killing me right now! I will return shortly(: xx