Status: Credit to @MITCHEAE for the idea

The Secret Crosby Kid

Eleven

Geno's POV
When I heard James scream Rachael's name I glanced out of the corner of my eye. She still looked as beautiful as ever. Her heels made her long legs look even longer in those tight jeans. Why did I let her go? Then I heard James ask,

"Who's this?"

"My boyfriend" she said and my head snapped up. I know I tried to replace her but I just couldn't. She had that certain spark about her and that's what made me head over heels for her. I was an idiot for letting her go and now I was being replaced. I walked over and asked,

"Can we talk?"

"Sure" she replied and I heard her tell 'him' that she would be back and kissed his cheek and I wished that she'd kissed my cheek instead. We walked down an unoccupied hallway.

"So what do you want to talk about?" She asked

"Us"

"There is no 'us' anymore" she replied coldly.

"But I want it be 'us' again" I said struggling with my English.

"Geno you had your chance and you left me"

"I know I stupid for that"

"Damn right. But you actually did me a favor. If you hadn't broken my heart I would've never went to North Carolina and met Luke so I'm grateful for that."

"Rachael I know you feel same way as me deep down"

"How do you love me when you love Natalia?"

"I no love her. It feel empty without you."

"And she was just there to fill the gap?"

"Yes"

"Wow. That's one way you NEVER treat a woman even if she IS a slut. I never expected that you of all people would do something like this."

"I know I just try to get over you. I realize I made mistake breaking up but I just want fix it"

"Well you may never have that chance Geno. I'm happy with Luke. And who knows maybe you'll find someone else"

"I never find anyone like you"

"I'm not the one who decided to end the relationship"

"I know I sorr-"

"Stop saying sorry! If you were really sorry you would've tried to find me Geno!" She yelled with tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry" I said

"I have every fucking right to cry! I'm just so frustrated with you!"

"I just want be with you" I said

"It's too late now," she said and I remembered that I said those exact words to her when I broke up with her. "It stings doesn't it Geno? Doesn't it hurt to get your heart broken? Now you know what I went through when you said those exact words to me. And oh yeah here's your stupid necklace back." She said while throwing the necklace at me and started to walk away.

"Rachael!" I said and ran after her.

"Go away" she said and I just kept walking beside her. I grabbed her by the shoulders and kissed her with the most passion I had ever had. The scary part was that she didn't kiss back. I pulled away and she just wiped her eyes and went back in the locker room. I picked the necklace off the ground and held it in my large hand. I sighed and Natalia came up to me.

"Good game babe." She said and kissed my cheek. I looked over at Rachael and Luke and saw that she was hugging his torso and staring at Natalia and I with her piercing green eyes. There was something in those green eyes though. And that something was jealously.

Luke's POV
"Are you okay?" I whispered to Rachael

"Yeah I'm fine" she said putting her head against my chest.

"Are you sure?"

"I told you I'm fine!" She snapped. "I'm sorry I'm just tired" she apologized.

"It's okay so am I" I yawned.

"Stop it you're gonna make me yawn." She smiled sleepily

"You wanna go back to the hotel?"

"Definitely" she said and walked out of the arena. I wonder what happened with her conversation with Geno because whatever happened it put her in a bad mood. As soon as we got to the hotel room she went into the bathroom and changed and flopped down on the bed I did the same and came out five minutes later to the sound of her snoring. She really needed sleep because looked like a mess when she came back from talking with Geno. I lied down beside her and she automatically put her head on my chest and I slowly drifted to sleep.

Rachael's POV
Three days later we were driving to Cincinnati to visit Luke's family. I was glad to get away for Pittsburgh for once because of the whole Geno situation. But I was worried about meeting Luke's family for the first time.

"What if they don't like me?" I said with a worried tone.

"My little brother Henry will because he wants to play hockey this year. And my mom and dad will like you just relax." He reassured

"Okay" I said and leaned my back on the head rest.
------------------------------------------
Four hours later we arrived at the house that Luke grew up in. I was even more nervous because of the fact that I was minutes away from meeting his family. We got out of the SUV and we walked in the front door.

"Mom?" Luke yelled in the house.

"Luke!" A tall woman with dark brown hair in her late forties came into the foyer and gave him a hug.

"Is this Rachael?" She asked while looking at me with a smile.

"Yeah" Luke smiled.

"Nice to meet you I've heard so much about you."She said with a smile.

"What did you tell her?" I laughed

"Nothing! I only said good things!"

"Okay just making sure" I laughed.

"You'll be sleeping in Luke's old room. Luke you'll be on the couch" his mom said

"Mom" he whined.

"I don't wanna hear it" she said and I laughed. A man with gray hair and a bright smile came into the room followed by a thirteen year old boy.

"This is my dad and annoying brother Henry." Luke said

"I'm not annoying!" Henry argued

"Nice to meet you" Luke's dad said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too" I smiled

"Hey Henry you know how you said you wanted to play hockey?" Luke asked

"Yeah?" He asked

"I brought the former captain of Boston College's hockey team with me." He said and Henry looked at me with wide eyes.

"Wait, you're- you're Rachael Crosby!" He said

"Yeah my brother's the one who usually gets all the hockey credit" I laughed.

"Can you come outside and help me with some stuff?" He asked.

"Yeah" I smiled and we walked outside.

"Okay so we need hockey sticks and a puck or ball." Henry walked to the other side of the garage and got two hockey sticks and a puck out. He handed me a stick and dragged the net out onto the street.

"So what position did you play?" He asked curiously.

"Defenseman" I replied.

"So you got to practice against Sidney?" He asked.

"At home I did. I used my mom's maiden name because it was complicated playing with him." I sighed.

"Isn't your sister a goalie?" He asked

"Yeah, she's good. She's going to Shattuck's right now"

"Can she block you and Sid's shots?"

"Not quite yet but she's working on it. So what position do you want to play?" I asked him.

"Center" he replied.

"Okay I used to play that so I can teach you" I said and started teaching him.

Luke's POV
I was watching Rachael teach Henry out of the window of the house. She would explain how to do something then she would show Henry and then he would repeat what she did.

"She's good with Henry" My dad said while looking out the window.

"Yeah" I smiled

"You really like her don't you?"

"Yeah" I smiled. Maybe she was the one for me. But I wasn't sure that she thought I was the one for her. That conversation she had with Geno still bothered me.