Status: Credit to @MITCHEAE for the idea

The Secret Crosby Kid

Fifteen

"I'm pretty sure coach hates me now" I laughed while Jordan and I walked off the plane and onto the bus.

"Don't worry I think coach hates me too" he laughed

"How could he hate you Jordy?" I laughed.

"There are many, many, ways" he laughed.

"Do I even want to ask?"

"Probably not" We arrived at our hotel and Jordan and I walked into our room. I got a shower and flopped down on my bed and sleep came over me.
------------------------------------------
It was finally game night and I was getting interviewed like crazy before the game.

"I hate freakin media" I grumbled while waiting to go out on the ice.

"Everyone does" Eric said. The Staal's were like brothers to me and I was like a sister to them.

"Are you nervous?" He asked

"A little but I think I got this" I smiled

"I watched some videos of you from college. You were playing at an NHL level then. I can't wait till I see you tonight." He grinned and so did I.

"And here are the Caps opponents the Carolinaaaaaaaaa Huricaaaaaaaaaanes!" The announcer said and the crowed booed us but I was used to it by now. We skated out on the ice and half the team skated to the bench. I skated to center ice and waited behind Eric............ There was one minute left in the third period an we were down 1-0. Ovechkin was going to pass the puck to Nicklas Backstrom so I skated up just as Ovechkin was passing it. I broke up the play and started skating down towards Braden Holtby. I skated up an shot. The next thing I know Jordan is screaming,

"WE'RE GOING TO A SHOOTOUT!!!!! YOUR FIRST FUCKING NHL GOAL GOT US A CHANCE TO WIN THIS!!!!!!" I smiled I looked at the box and saw Sid and Geno screaming like crazy while beating on the glass. I lugged and blew a kiss to Geno. I skated to the bench to see who was goin to be in the shoutout.

"Okay so it's gonna be the Staal's and Crosby in the shoot out." Kirk explained and Jordan, Eric, and I nodded our heads. Washington was unsuccessful in scoring and so were Jordan and Eric. It was all up to me now. The crowd booed even more than it had when we had come out but that didn't matter the crowd was silent in my head. It felt like I was practicing by myself in an empty arena. I skated down the ice with the puck and shot...... The Verizon center was dead silent.

"WE WON!!!!!!" Jordan screamed and tackled me on the ice.

"Ahem that MY girlfriend." Geno said

"When did you get out here?" I asked him.

"I come out when Staalsy tackle you" he laughed and I noticed that him and Sid didn't have skates on. I got off my butt and wrapped my arms around Geno's torso.

"Looks like I'll see you in Raleigh" I smirked.

"You loose" Geno smirked back.

"Mmmm I don't think so,"I said and pulled him down to my level and kissed him. "Just think, when the conference finals roll around we won't be able to do that." I laughed.

"You screw me up if do that" he laughed.

"Same here" I laughed back.

"Yeah, I love to interrupt but Sid and I really don't wanna watch this love fest shit" Jordan laughed.

"Isn't it hate instead of love?" I asked

"Well I wanted to interrupt so I did" he said while shrugging.

"You're an asshole" I laughed.

"I get that a lot." He said
------------------------------------------
A week has past and there was a game seven against the Penguins in the Eastern Conference Finals. I had a lot of hits but coach was talking about moving me to center. Tonight I was going to play a little bit of both. Our game was in Raleigh so we had the luxury of just staying home. I sighed and laced my skate up. 'This is it' I though and got up and waited to skate out on the ice.

Geno's POV
They had introduced the Hurricanes players and we soon skated out onto the ice. I sent a smile in Rachael's direction and she sent one my way in return. I sighed. I was going to play the girl of my dreams to go to the Stanley Cup Finals. What happens when one of us loses? That was the one thing I was worried about. How would she react? Snap out of it Geno you need to focus! But that though weighed on my mind. By the end of the second we were tied 2-2. I had gotten one goal and Sid had gotten one. Jordan and Rachael also got one goal each. I skated up to center ice for the faceoff and so did Rachael. I had won the faceoff and I passed the puck to Nealer and Nealer passed it to Duper and he scored. I saw Rachael shaking her head disappointed in herself. I sighed and skated back to the bench.

Rachael's POV
"Son of a bitch!" I yelled as I sat down on the bench. And I started talking to the guys then watched Geno skating on the ice. He was such a good player and I always wanted to be as good as him and Sid one day....... The game was finally over. We had lost 2-3. I had tears in my eyes and Geno skated over to me and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"I sorry" he apologized

"No Geno it's not your fault. You guys won. You should be happy."

"But you no happy so I not either"

"Geno," I sighed "go be happy" I smiled.

"No" he protested

"Don't be difficult or I won't make up for calling you a jerk at the airport" I said with a smirk.

"Okay," he sighed. "But you come with me"

"Okay" I smiled and took my headgear off and so did Geno. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We both pulled away and had our foreheads against each other's.

"I love you" I whispered in Russian and Geno had a shocked look on his face.

"When you learn Russian?!" He asked.

"While I was down in Carolina." I smiled.

"I love you too." He whispered to me in Russian and I grinned and pressed my lips to his.