Victory Is the Only Thing That Can Keep You Alive

Missed Him Like Crazy

It had been one of the longest summers I had ever endured. I had spent a majority of the time back home in Toronto with my family but it just felt wrong not having Geno around. It had been six long months together playing hockey, getting used to one another company, becoming some part of our daily routine and then he was gone. Granted we had only been together all of a week but we had always been so close, maybe we didn't always agree but he was there for me whether I wanted it or not.

My agent and I had managed to come to an agreement at the beginning of the summer with Ray and Dan to sign me for at least two more years so on the hockey front I was relatively calm. When it came to Geno's and my relationship we had agreed to keep it on the down low. I had made an undisclosed agreement in the beginning to stay professional with my teammates, to me I kept that at not sleeping with them and well I had lived up to that until Geno and I happened. Though my feelings for Geno were more than just sex, we didn't need or want the whole world knowing about it. We were us and nothing was going to change that.

“How long have you been away now?” I whined into the phone as Sid dragged me into the kitchen supply section of Home Depot.
“Three months.”
“That's way to long, I think you should come back already.”
“I know, training camp I be back soon.”
“Yeah but you should come back before than, I miss you and Sid is making me buy stupid things for my house.”
“Tell Sid be good.”
“Well that's not going to work,” I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.
“How you know it not work?”
“Because he is here putting a huge box of pots and pans into the cart and you're there in Russia doing whatever it is you're doing,” I grumbled.
“You cute when grumpy,” I could just imagine his mocking smile as he spoke.
“Yeah well I miss you,” I sighed with a pout and kicked the wheel of our cart.

We were silent for a few moments and I could feel the disappointment sinking in when he didn't say anything back but before it could settle I heard that familiar Russian accent elsewhere.
“Sid leave Cam alone!”

I turned around on the spot and there Geno was standing at the end of the long isle, huge grin on his face.
“Come here,” he spoke into the phone before hanging up and slipping it into his pocket.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and ran as fast as I could straight into his arms, catching him off balance and knocking him to the floor.
“Oh my god, what are you doing here?” If I hadn't knocked the breath out of him with the tackle I was sure to with how tight I was squeezing him.
“Come surprise you,” he unwrapped his arms from around me and rubbed the back of his head, “that hurt.”
“Oh toughen up princess,” I sat up straddling his lap, “you will be fine,” I lent down and pecked his forehead sweetly before anyone could see us.
“Not sure, Cam like hitting brick wall.”
“Are you calling me fat?” I pushed off of him and stood over him, one foot planted firmly on his chest.
“No all muscle,” he grabbed my ankle and traced his finger up my calf making goosebumps appear and a smirk cross his face, he knew he could win me with a simple touch.
“Your lucky I like you,” I glared at him before reaching down to grab his hand and help him up.

“Why didn't you tell me you were coming back?” I asked slipping my hand into his as we walked back to Sid and my shopping.
“Is point of surprise Cam, you not meant to know.”
“I know that just... I could have picked you up from the airport or something,” or maybe cleaned up all the boxes in my house or maybe even put my bed up instead of just sleeping on the mattress on the floor.
“Is ok Sid pick me up.”
“What?” I looked to Sid feeling betrayed, “you let him know but not me?”
“Yes we like batman and robin,” Geno smiled looking rather proud of himself for knowing the superhero's names.
“Oh sweetie you would make a terrible batman,” I shook my head.
“Not true, this Halloween I be batman you see.”
“I am going to hold you to that.”

I had missed how at ease being around Geno had made me feel lately. He used to drive me up the wall all the time but now we had put our butting head days aside us for the meantime and all I felt with him was happiness. My smile was never fake when he was there and honestly it scared me a little than one person could have this affect on me but for now I was going to have to let him.

“You going to show me new house?” he lent down and whispered letting his lips brush my ear.
“That sounds like it could be a terrible idea since I actually planned on working today.”
“Work can wait, I help you,” he kissed my neck quickly before pulling away, this could only be bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I have finally gotten around to starting this sequel. I have been crazy busy with physio everyday and by the time I get home I am far to tired to write something that actually makes any sense but hopefully I can make updates a little more regular. Anyways I hope you like this and the direction I plan on taking, enjoy!