Victory Is the Only Thing That Can Keep You Alive

I Could Be Setting Myself Up For Failure

When I woke up, my head was pounding like crazy. I wasn't sure if it was from the killer hit or the lack of sleep but I knew I wasn't going to be able to function properly.

"Cam need to rest," Geno sat up in my bed as I climbed out disregarding the fact that I was told to take it easy.
"I don't really care right now. I just want to get to the rink, get checked out and come home," I grumbled heading into the bathroom.

Forgetting about Adam wasn't something that was going to just happen overnight and that wasn't going to do me any favours with getting back onto the ice. With a concussion lingering around and my desire to actually do anything at an all time low I was feeling rather down in the dumps. I didn't even have much of an inclination to see Geno, I just wanted my space.

So once I had gone into the rink with him to get checked out by the doctors I made every excuse to get out of there.

"No I just need to go home, I told you, so I can rest," I explained.
"Can take you," he pressed.
"No G. Megan's coming, she is going to pick me up and make me some lunch. You should be here."
"Ok I come see you after," he squeezed my arm, the only amount of affection I would let him show at work.
"Ok," but I wasn't sure I would be ready for him to be around me then.

If there was one thing that was scaring me it was that I was going to get wrapped up in making things right with Adam that I would ruin what I had Geno. The last thing I wanted was to go and ruin another relationship, which was why I just needed some time.

"Alright you, what is going on?" Megan frowned as I climbed into her car.
"Just don't, please," I sighed resting my head against the glass window, the coolness breaking some of my headache.
"Cameron, we are girls we tell each other our boy problems and work them out."
"Who said they were boy problems?"
"What else would it be?"
"Maybe it's my concussion," I suggested trying to get her to drop it.
"Bullshit. I know you Cammy, you might be able to lie to the guys but not me."
"Fine. Adam hit me, his way of getting back at me for breaking up with him and it's all my fault. I was too wrapped up in Geno and I hurt him, I just want to make it right. I don't want him to hate me."
"Everyone has people who hates them," she shrugged, "especially exes."
"Yeah but not Adam. I don't want him to hate me, the guilt is killing me."
"Cam," she grabbed my hand, "just relax, we can ring him once I get you home."

Ringing Adam hadn't exactly been what I wanted to do after blowing up at him last night but I didn't think there would be any other way. I needed him to know how sorry I really was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright I know this one is short but I wanted to pump it out and this was where I was ready for the chapter to finish, mostly though just to bug you guys :P but anyways let me know what you think. dd you think Cam is going to give it a real shot at trying to make things better with Adam? Or is it all a lost cause?