Victory Is the Only Thing That Can Keep You Alive

I Really Do Need Him

“Really G, you're not going to knock?” I teased as he let himself in.
“Have food Cam, no time for knocking,” he held up the bags of groceries like he had to prove it to me before heading into the kitchen.
“Well what are you making?” I got up and followed him to see him empty the bags on the counter.
“I make cream chicken pasta.”
“Oh my mum makes awesome creamy chicken pasta,” that had been my favourite food for as long as I could remember. Always excited when I saw that on my plate.
“I make better.”
“I will believe it when I see it.”
“Believe later, go sit down now,” he turned me around and sent me back into the lounge room.

I didn't know what to do with myself, I was rather tired from working out for the first time in a week and a half and really all I wanted to do was sleep but I couldn't do that to Geno, not when he was taking his time to do this for me.

The house smelt great and honestly it was probably the first time someone had actually cooked in my kitchen properly, so far Geno was doing a good job of putting it to good use.

“When are you going- Geno what is all this?” I didn't know whether to frown or smile at him frozen mid serving food onto our plates.

“What is all of this?” I looked between him and the dining table set neatly with candles and a bottle of wine in the middle.
“Special treat,” he smiled throwing the tea towel over his shoulder and grabbing the plates to take over to the table.
“But why?” I shook my head at him completely confused by the gesture.
“We never able to go on date and you getting better so is treat,” he put the plates down on the table and moved over to pull one of the seats out, “now sit.”
“G, you shouldn't have,” I could feel my cheeks begin to flush as I took my seat.
“Just want show you I care,” he lent down and gave me a peck on the lips before taking his seat across from me.
“I know you care, you didn't have to do all of this for me.”
“Is nothing,” he shrugged.

I didn't know who this Geno was or where he had come from but I could definitely get used to him and he wanted to stick around for a while longer I would be more than happy for it.

He watched me with eger eyes as I took the first bite, like parents watching their kids open Christmas present and hoping they were happy with it.
“Mmm, this is really good. How come you never told me you could cook?”
“Not very good, only some things.”
“Well you could make me this every night and I would be happy,” I smiled.
“Good,” he nodded before digging into his own food.

We sat in a comfortable silence, stealing glances at one another. Geno sat there with a rather large grin on his face, looking rather pleased with himself, smug if you would.

One thing I didn't think I would ever really get used to was how he always liked to be touching, he had a thing for putting one of his feet next to mine so our ankles touched. It wasn't much but the fact that our skin was always touching drove me crazy and I was sure he knew it too.

“How long did it take you to come back from your concussion?” I spoke up trying to drawn my attention away from him touching me.
“Two weeks maybe.”
“Doesn't it scare you that your going to go down again like that and maybe get hurt worse?” I began picking at my food.

I needed to get this thing that was stirring in my mind out before it really gave me a headache.
“Not really, you worried?”
“Honestly a little... maybe more than little. I mean I have been hit numerous times before but never really gotten all that hurt before.”
“Cam you be fine,” he reached across the table for my hand.
“I don't want to be scared. I never have been before and I think it scares me more that something like this could stop me playing forever, I mean look what Sid went through,” I felt his hand squeeze mine tighter as I let my feelings slowly seep out.
“You not going to be like Sid. You already get better.”
“He got better then worse and better and worse and...” I felt myself beginning to get worked up more than I probably should have.
“Cammy,” he got up and moved around the table to sit in the seat next to me, “it's ok,” he cupped my face, letting his thumb slide up and down my cheeks, “you be ok. I help you, help you learn get hit again and not be scared. Not think you do things on your own.”
“Ok, but you shouldn't have to look after me,” I shook my head still firmly in his hands.
“I want to Cam, I care. Please let me.”

I knew Geno cared about me, I knew he cared a lot. I hadn't had someone care like Geno did in a long time. I knew my parents really did but they weren't around as a constant reminder, Sid tried but he had a lot things to deal with himself. Geno though he always made my problems his and someday, somehow I was going to have to pay him back, it would be the least I could do.