Victory Is the Only Thing That Can Keep You Alive

Getting My Mojo Back

“Hey,” I heard that Russian accent behind me and a swipe of a hockey stick on the back of my legs snapping me clear from my thoughts, “not worry, you play great.”
“I am not worried.”
“Cam,” Geno sighed before leaning closer to bump our helmets together, “is ok be scared, I love you,” he whispered a small smile playing on his lips.
“I love you too,” I found myself smiling back at him despite knowing this was wildly inappropriate behaviour for work.
“Good now go,” he slapped my ass playfully and sent me on my way down the tunnel towards the ice.

I had been so nervous about returning to the game but Geno, he was there the whole time encouraging me even when I didn't want him to be. That was one thing that set Geno apart from everyone else, he wasn't necessarily there when I wanted him but he was there when I needed him. It just so happened to be more often than I thought.

“ON IT!” Dan yelled as Olli got the turnover and dished the puck off to me.
I took off down the ice Geno and Neasly right there if I needed them. Chara was right there two, a man towered over me and was probably one of the most daunting defenseman to come across. If there was anyway though that I was going to get passed the little voice in my head it would be to face him on my first shift back in a game.

I didn't want to but honestly I was panicking, inside everything stirred like crazy as I tried to round the towel like defenseman. In the midst of everything I passed the puck to Geno thinking he would just take it and try and score but he didn't. Instead he took the puck down the behind the goals and looked straight at me before passing the puck on to James. Natural instinct took over and I crashed the net as the puck left his stick.

“YES CAMMY!!!” Geno cheered and wrapped his arms around me in one of his bone crushing hugs. The puck had actually gone in, to my complete disbelief it had gone in.
“Nice goal,” James smiled taping my head.
“Told you,” Olli joined in on the crushing me, smiling widely like a proud little brother.

This was it. I could feel it. The moment everything was back, my mojo I had it. I ended up racking up two more goals and an assist. I couldn't remember the last time I played this well but I was stocked.

“Does this mean you will come out and celebrate for once?” James asked looking rather hopeful.
“No, no it does not,” I pointed to him sternly.
“Oh why?” he pouted.
“Because she celebrate with me,” Geno butted in wrapping his arm around me and dipping me down to kiss me hard in front of everyone.

“Get a room.”
“Take it elsewhere.”
“Guys!”
“Yeah G!”

The guys cheered and woof whistled as Geno dipped me deeper before pulling me back up. My head spinning just a little as the blood rushed back up.

“Don't leave,” Geno whispered before I could pull away, “we celebrate for real when everyone gone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Howdy guys I know this one is short but I was stuck on where to go and I really just needed to get a chapter out on this one so maybe the words will come to me a little easier now. Enjoy :)