Victory Is the Only Thing That Can Keep You Alive

Men Are Only Good For Certain Things...

“I am sorry about the mess I just haven't had the time to put things away,” I winced stepping passed the few stray empty boxes by the door.
“Is ok just me no problem,” he shrugged.
“Yeah but I don't particularly like the mess myself,” I kicked them out of his way so he could carry in the box of pots and pans, “can you bring them into the kitchen?”
“Sure.”

“Where you want?” he stood in the middle of the walkway looking between the dining room and kitchen.
“Just next to the counter is fine thanks,” I pointed next to the cupboards I had planned for them to go before adding some groceries to the rather empty fridge.

I wouldn't say I was anticipating that Geno would come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist but it wasn't unexpected. It was rather obvious he was up to something with how quiet he was but I wasn't going to complain.

“Hello,” he turned me around and pulled me into him, eliminating all space between us.
“Hi,” I smiled looking up at him.
“How you?”
“I am good, you?”
“Happy not in public anymore.”
“Why?”
“So I can kiss you,” he cupped my chin and kissed me good and deep.

I pushed up onto my tip toes and wrapped my arms around his neck for better access. I wasn't going to let him win over as he pushed his way in.

“Geno,” I pulled back for air as he continued to kiss along my jaw.
“Yes.”
“Look as much as I would love to do this right now I can't,” I put my hands on his shoulders but didn't push him away just yet.
“Why?” he stopped instantly and looked up at me as if he had done something wrong, “something wrong?”
“No, no nothing's wrong G,” I ran my hands up and down his biceps reassuringly, “I just have so much I have to get done before training camp starts,” I wiggled out passed him and got back to putting the groceries back in the fridge, “Don't get me wrong I love that you came back early it's just I am so busy.”
“I can help,” he knelt down next to the box I was grabbing things from and looked up at me tucking my fringe behind my ear so we could see each other, “but if you want me go I can go.”
“No, I don't want you to go. I would love your help,” I gave him a quick kiss on the forehead and got back to the task at hand.

We managed to restock the fridge, get the pots and pans away before Geno was back and annoying me.

“Geno give it back?” I jumped up trying to get my coffee mug back from him.
“Why you have Canada flag on mug?” he held it up out of my reach, not only mocking me for the mug but ultimately mocking me for my height.
“My dad gave it to me when I left for college,” I frowned trying desperately to get it back.
“Look like something Sid have.”
“Well it's mine, now give it back... Geno please,” I pouted with an extra bit of whine.
“Ok, not fun if make you cry,” he gave it up.
“Thank you,” I snatched it away from him and put it safely up on the window edge by the sink, “and I wasn't going to cry, don't be an ass.”
“Not an ass,” he scoffed as I walked passed him and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.
“I know your bored, still an ass though.”
“Yes am bored.”
“Well how about you go out and get something for dinner while I finish putting the kitchen stuff away?”
“Can do food, what you want? Chinese?” he smiled and grabbed his car keys from the counter like an excited teenager going out for their first driving lesson. Any bit of annoyance I felt towards him was gone with that grin, he was adorable.
“Chinese sounds good,” I nodded, “now go before you drive me completely up the wall.”
“Be back soon,” he said and disappeared out the door.

While having Geno back already was great I was busy and had to get my house ready before the season started. Anything that wasn't done probably would never get done. I had two weeks to finish up furniture shopping; buy a couch and anything I wanted in the lounge room, I desperately wanted to change the horrible algae green walls all throughout the house that god knows who thought was a great idea and Sid was going to try and help me fix the deck out the back even though I knew I would end up doing most of the work.

I collapsed in an exhausted heap on the lounge room floor while I waited for Geno to get back which didn't take long at all.

“What did you get?” I sat up abruptly.
“Lots,” he joined me on the floor pulling out the numerous containers that I thought would be too much for just the two of us, but then I remembered we were hockey players and of course we were going to eat it all.

“After we have done this do you think you could help me build my bed?” I asked through bites of my sweet and sour pork.
“You not have bed?” He frowned.
“I have been sleeping on my mattress on the floor. It's just by the end of the day I never have the energy to do it.”
“Ok, bed I can do,” he seemed rather proud that this task he could actually help me out on.

By the time we were finished eating I was definitely not up for doing any more work. I was completely exhausted but Geno was determined.

“Not let girlfriend sleep on floor, not good boyfriend if do that,” he insisted as I lead the way down the hall to my room.
“Well it's really messy in here so again I am sorry,” I looked around the room at the empty boxes not so neatly stacked in the corner, the pile of clothes sitting on top of my dresser instead of in it and dreaded having to sort it all out.

I made a piss poor effort at helping him move the mattress and Geno took that as his chance to completely take over.
“Cam sit,” he pointed to the empty wall where I would be out of the way.
“But I should help, it's my bed.”
“No you sit, I do it am strong,” he flexed his arms and his muscles bulged.

Damn it, I was too tired to try and focus my head just kept falling into the gutter as the saying goes. Watching him work, his muscles as he picked everything up with ease, his ass through his jeans as he bent over and had the bed build in all of about ten minutes.

“Not so hard,” he stood up looking accomplished.
“This is why I have you, Sid's not a very good man around the house everything becomes my job,” I stood up and walked over to him letting him wrap me up in his arms.
“In Russian men good at everything, I not so good but I try.”
“Well I think you are pretty damn good,” I tried to hide my yawn but it was all too much for me.

“You want to go to bed?” he ran his hand up and down my back soothingly.
“Yeah.”
“Come on,” he walked me over to the bed and encouraged me under the blankets.
“I need to turn the lights off first,” I resisted but he was far too convincing as he tucked me in.
“I do it.”
“Are you going to stay?”
“If want me to,” he shrugged.
“Yes I want you to,” I yawned yet again.
“Ok, I be back,” but before I could wait for him to get back I was out like a light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so I finally got some time to do some writing today after physio. Granted I am a little tired but I hope this chapter is a good enough fluff one to enjoy.

By the way who has ever had dry needling done for tight muscles??? If my physio's massages weren't butchering enough she decided needles would be good fun, while they didn't hurt when she put them in or anything it's the afterwards that leaves you feeling like someone corked you :/