Status: Derek,Hale,LeonDesdichard

Why Me?

The New Girl

Chapter five- the new girl

As Derek got out of his Camaro at school he heard something heading straight towards him and ducked just as he saw two water balloons full of what seemed to be milk burst on the ground in front of him.

"Aww you missed!" he heard someone shout from behind him, most likely Jared and or possibly even Ryan, they always seemed to be the ones behind the pranks at this school.

Derek then immediately turned around to slam straight into a girl who immediately caused the both of them to fall straight down onto both of their butts.

"Everyone here is such a jerk" he heard her mutter underneath her breath she must be new he thought as he quickly gathered her books up. Looking shocked that someone would help her the new girl she muttered the word thanks, but never got beyond that.

For as soon as they both looked at each other they stared, and then blinked trying to shake off any awkwardness evident.

This girl was gorgeous, she had fiery red copper hair, along with almost bewitchingly deep was that purple eyes?

"I'm Colton, Colton Drake" she said to him immediately striking into him a sense of wanting to protect her for some reason. "But you can call me Cole" she finished sounding proud.

"Derek," he stated not wanting to finish that line, because as soon as he would finish that line this girl would walk away calling him a freak.

"Derek?" Colton continued

"Hale" Derek finished calmly waiting for Cole to just get up and to walk away, but surprisingly she didn't get up or even walk away.

"Derek Hale," it fits you she stated almost sounding as though she was mocking him.

"So Derek do you think that after school you could possibly show me around?" she asked quickly and he nearly said yes but then remembered that accursed punishment that he had.

" I want to say yes but I have a punishment for lacrosse season, I have to either be suspended which my Uncle would kill me for allowing, or I had to join the lacrosse team, first line, practices and all," Derek said astounded at how easy it was to talk to this girl.

"I flipped a coin," he said with a cocky half-smile directed towards the girl who immediately brightened up and said to Derek:

"I can come watch you then, and then you can show me around," she stated with a determined but yet happy look on her face.

"Alright, you sure, it may be boring," Derek finished and then thought don't say that she might not come now!

"Of course I'm sure, I mean I need all the friends that I can get right?" she said questioningly to Derek.

"Friend?" Derek asked almost shocked that anyone would want to become his friend after all the rumors, "Are you sure?" he continued on

"it's social suicide, hanging out with me I mean," Derek told the new girl, in hopes of keeping her from being made fun of and humiliated, but secretly hoping that she wouldn't care.

"Who said that I ever cared about what people thought," Cole told him with a smile, making him feel instantly better, due to the fact that Derek finally had an actual real friend.