Status: Active. Might be a bit long :p

Pas Mal

Dix.

Laurence

"Are you two planing on going home? Or detaching?" Kier asked, glancing over at Sean and Chris who were still cuddled together.

It was a strange serious of events. The two were asleep when everyone else had gone home, leaving us in peace. We decided to get some take away pizzas and wake the others up. I was glad I wasn't alone with Kier. He was gorgeous, my kind of guy. He was tall and slim with long skinny legs. His fluffy red fringe fell in front of his eyes, which were outlined with a thin line of black eyeliner. His eyes were just heavenly, like his accent. I think he understood that he made me slightly uncomfortable, so he tried his best to put me at ease. He spoke to me in English, saving the French for Christian. I just wanted to spend all day curled up in his lap, like Sean was with Christian.

Christian nuzzled Sean affectionately. "Rester ici!" He giggled.

Sean looked down and blushed. He didn't seem too comfortable with the idea of letting go either. I felt sorry for him, really. Sean really needed someone to truly love him, but his outgoing and flirtatious personality meant people only took him as a simple shag. We were all hellbent on getting them together. I was also determined to get Mallory to fall in love. She needed that more than Sean did.

Kier looked over at me and winked as the end credits rolled on the movie we were watching. Butterflies stomped around my stomach as he grinned. His bottom lip was pierced, which only served to make his smile more magnificent. I wondered if there was ever a minute (when I wasn't looking) when he smiled because of me. Maybe he rolled over in bed last night to watch me, and thought as highly of me as I did of him. What if when I smiled, it made butterflies destroy his stomach too.

"Sure, I don't mind you two staying here or anything. Votre père pourrait obtenir en colère si vous n'allez pas à la maison. " He explained.

Christian nuzzled Sean, hiding his face. "Non," he insisted. "Je reste ici."

Kier rolled his eyes. "You can go hug your husband somewhere else." He mumbled beneath his breath. I noticed Sean turned a funny shade a pink.

The sun was falling slowly, casting that hazy orange glow over the room that left its trademark melancholy feeling. That feeling that things were ending. A fantastic day of lazing around, all gone. Just think, you will never get to relive that day. Gone, and like clockwork a new day will roll around with no consideration to your feelings. This organised way of living meant these perfect days were restricted, only to appear on the warmest summer day when no plans exist.

Kier sat down next to me, and watched the sun set too. I couldn't tell if he felt the same depression as I did in that moment of time. Maybe, in another dimension, he did. Here, he seemed thankful for the dusty glow. Thankful for the lazy day he'd had with his friends. Maybe we should all give thanks in the death of something great.

"Don't you think it's sad?" I asked quietly. He looked up at me. "The end of something good, I mean."

Kier shrugged. "Well yeah, of course. But if we always had that good thing, wouldn't it become boring? Like living forever, I'd hate it. There'll become a time when those good things aren't all that special anymore, and we'll just get sick. Life is a circle, it doesn't begin or end, it only moves in a continuous circle." He explained.

"A constant flow of energy." I sighed.

"Right, energy cannot be created nor destroyed. It just changes into different kinds of energy. So existence doesn't end, it carries on flowing through dimensions and time." There was a pause; "Are you always this philosophical?" He asked with a grin.

I shrugged.

"Oh, I'm not complaining! It's just... I've never thought about endings before," He smiled, and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Does it worry you?"

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "A little. I don't like religion, but I don't like science either. Religion is restrictive bullshit that does more harm than good, and science is full of bullshit equations that no one understands, so we just swallow it up. That's the only difference between science and religion. Religion is something we can choose to believe because it makes some sense to us. But science doesn't, so we swallow it all and accept that the people cleverer than us say so, so it must be true."

Kier nodded slowly. "So what do you believe? This whole existence is too perfect to just... happen?"

"It just happened. Like you said, there are no beginnings and no ends. We were here all along. And one day, oblivion will come and there will be a pause in existence, while energy works to rebuild itself. Space, time, dimensions, they will never cease to exist. They never began in the first place." I explained.

My theory to existence was crazy. It made sense to me. There are no answers to these non existent questions. There are no laws, no rules. Only memories formed on these perfect days. Things exist because they do. These things cannot be created nor destroyed. No God, no king, no scientists can tell us correctly what this world is. So I believe that only pure energy exists, and once you die your energy keeps travelling. Maybe you will land in another dimension. You could become a totally new person in a totally new world.

"So, if there are no beginnings or endings, what are you worried about?" Kier asked.

"The ending of personal existence. When I won't wake up and experience everyday joy with the rest of the world. Death, I'm afraid of dying." I replied honestly.

"Because you don't want to find out if your theory is correct or not?" He asked, earning a shrug from myself. "Laurence, when you do die, I don't think you'd even notice. Well unless you were being stabbed to death or something, but I doubt that would happen. What I'm saying is, your existence only pauses, as you said. So if it only pauses, think of it as sleeping. A rest break. You've done 80 years non-stop, here, this what humans call death. Have a break, and when you're ready, you can start all over again."

"Death is like the twenty minute break at lunch, after working two hours full-pelt." I added with a smile. It didn't feel so bleak with his explanation. With Kier's reassuring words set in me, I relaxed and turned my attention back to the other two.

Sean had wriggled himself out from a sleeping Chris' arms, and was nowhere to be seen. "Sean?"

"Bathroom!" Came the reply. We chuckled, watching Chris. He stirred slightly, his little nose scrunching up as he squirmed about. His hair was a mess, strands of ginger all over the place. I thought he was adorable.

"Où est Sean?" He mumbled. Kier giggled.

"La salle de bain." He said softly. Christian nodded and stood, stretching.

"Are you two leaving?" I asked as Sean came back. I wanted to curl up on the couch with Kier, and watch shitty horror movies until we fell asleep. Maybe we could order a take out again and eat until we explode. I just wanted him to acknowledge my feelings for him in some way.

Sean nodded, ignoring the nasty scowl from the ginger. "Thank you, for everything." He laughed quietly. Kier stood up too.

"It's alright. You're always welcome here, if you ever need something. But remember there are others around who are always willing to help!" He winked at the two with a smile. "Don't hesitate to call if something goes wrong. I'm always here to help." He was so honest, so caring for everybody.

Christian nodded, having understood everything Kier said, strangely. "Merci." He said quietly, a small smile toying with his lips. Sean blushed and bit his lip.

"Anytime. Now get out!" He teased, winking irresistibly again. The two left, and suddenly I was alone with a perfect beauty.

Silence slipped between the two of us. Nothing seemed right after the other two had gone. It felt awkward, unsettled. We had nothing to do and nothing to say. Suddenly, Kier grinned. The devilish smirk that crossed his pierced face was unnerving. "Let me make you dinner!" He exclaimed, bounding off to his kitchen like an excitable puppy. I stood and followed him quickly.

"You don't need to!" I rushed, tripping over my words slightly. He just smiled.

"Do you like enchiladas?" He asked, ignoring me completely.

"Kier you don-" He silence me with his finger.

"Shut up and trust me, panda!"
♠ ♠ ♠
well didnt i get deep i sorry.