Eighty-Eight Snake.

1.

John's parents liked to go on weekend retreats, where'd they go and stay at a hotel and spend time together. Since John was grown and able to watch his two younger brothers, they stayed with him and his parents had always strictly told him 'your brothers need to stay home with you, don't let them go anywhere' but he never listened. Shane and Ross usually spent their free weekends at their friends house and played xbox and went swimming, and Noah always spent the night in John's guest bedroom along with a few of his other friends, who usually shared the pull out couch or one of them was on the love seat.
Usually at 1 AM, John woke Noah up and he brought out his plastic bag of goodies and his penguin bowl and got the two of them the cups of coffee he had made earlier.
They sat on the front porch in silence, staring at the field behind his house and waiting for something to come out of the tall grass. The two of them always imagined it as a horror movie where they'd run in and hide from a masked murderer. Too many horror movies could really deter your train of thought, especially when you were high.
The smoke clouded in the air and the smell coated the inside of their noses. It was a wonder the people sleeping inside couldn't smell it, especially with the door wide open.
"I have come to the conclusion that I no longer want to be single." John stated.
Noah breathed in, then out before looking at him. Both of their eyes had long glossed over and were not turning a bright shade of red.
"Why is that? I thought you were okay with being single."
She passed the penguin to him and he got rid of the burnt particles in it, flicking them off the railing on the porch. He used his index finger to pack down more weed.
"Of course I'm okay with it. I don't have a choice."
"Then why are you saying you don't want to be single anymore?"
"Being a virgin can only last so long." He took a hit.
Noah nodded. "Until you die.'
He laughed, his voice breaking slightly due to the exhaling cloud.
"I'd probably just succumb to losing my virginity to you."
A slight tension was created at his words, and the pair had no idea why. John say his bowl own and ran a hand nervously through his hair.
"I was kidding about that, you know."
The girl shrugged. "I'd be lying if I said I'd never thought about it."
"You're lying."
"Swear."
He cleared his throat. "Well, did you wanna do it?"
The question killed Noah's high and made her flush a deep red color.
"You're not being serious."
He adjusted himself in his chair to where his torso was facing her. She shifted uncomfortably under his serious gaze, but couldn't look away. He had captured her.
"I'm being 100% with you right now, Noah. Tonight is as good of a night as any."
She thought about it for a second.
How it would damage their relationship, and yet build it up in so many ways.
Would this be an exclusive thing, or one they kept to themselves? She looked away from him and exhaled heavily, leaning her head back on the cushion behind her. He waited patiently for her answer and never once took his eyes off of her.
Finally, coming to a conclusion and not caring about the consequences, she put her head in her hand and rubbed her forhead.
"Okay, fine. You win."
He got up from his chair and grabbed her gently by her bare forearm. She suddenly got chills, despite it not being cold outside, and followed him as if she had a choice to. He led the both of them to the quiet of his bedroom and shut the door gently behind her.
"We don't have to do this if you don't want to."
She nodded. She was aware he wouldn't make her do anything she didn't want to, but she did. Who better a person to lose it to than her own best friend? He wasn't a stranger, and she knew he loved her. Just like she loved him.
"I know. Let's just do it before I change my mind, okay?" Like she would.
John nodded this time and smiled at her, leaning down slightly to where he could kiss her. His lips felt smooth against hers, the chapstick he was always applying seeming to pay off.
Finally Noah got comfortable and closed her eyes. Her hands went around John the instant his tongue licked across her still-closed mouth.
He then backed her up onto the bed, her back falling against the cushioned surface and he fell on top of her, his leg in between hers. His long fingers worked on the button of her jeans and she stopped kissing him for the moment, watching his hands.
"Noah?"
She looked up at him in the dark. "Yes?"
"I love you."
And he kissed her again, making her lie back down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I changed it.