Eighty-Eight Snake.

2.

One of the things John leaned to love most about Noah was her singing voice.
She didn't sing much, but when she did he made sure he was listening.
And sometimes when he asked her to sing for him, she'd do it just because she knew how much he liked it.
And that night was one of those nights.
After they both reached their finishing points, she clothed herself in a pair of his sweat pants and her t-shirt, while he just threw a pair of shorts on. They laid together in his bed, and he kept throwing out songs until she heard one that she wanted to sing for him.
"Ain't it fun by paramore?"
"No."
"Uh. If it means a lot to you?"
"No. Too hard."
"Damn you're fucking choosy tonight."
"No, you just suck at naming stuff."
"Big jet plane?"
She nodded. "Okay."
"She said, 'hello mister, please to meet ya.'
I wanna hold her, I wanna kiss her.

John looked down at his thumbs as she sang, listening idly and nodding his head long to the rhythm.
"She smelled of daisies, she smelled of daisies.
She drive my crazy, she drive me crazy.
Gonna take her for a ride on a big jet plane.
Gonna take her for a ride on a big jet plane.
Gonna take her for a ride on a big jet plane.
Yeah, hey.
"
Noah looked at John, who was now looking up at her. She put her hand on his head and combed through his long, sandy blonde hair.
"Be my lover, my lady river.
But can I take ya, take ya higher?"

Her singing mesmerized him. He took her hand in his and kissed the top of it, setting their fingers on the bed in between their bodies.
He joined in.
"Gonna take her for a ride on my big jet plane.
Gonna take her for a ride on my big jet plane.
Gonna take her for a ride on my big jet plane.
Gonna take her for a ride on my big jet plane.
"
He let her finish by herself, listening to every syllable she sang with such care.
"Gonna hold ya.
Gonna kiss you in my arms.
Gonna take you, away from home.
Gonna hold ya.
Gonna kiss you in my arms.
Gonna take you, away from home.
"
Her voice was barely a whisper as she finished, and John's head was now on her chest. His thumb rubbed across the smooth skin on her hand and he smiled at his succeeded attempt at getting her to sing for him.
"That was nice."
"Was it? You looked like you enjoyed it." She smiled.
He nodded his head. "I do enjoy your singing. I think you should do it more often."
"Nah."
"Why not?"
"I just don't think I'm anything spectacular."
"Just because you don't doesn't mean I don't."
She sighed. "We're not talking about this now, John."
He didn't listen.
"Why not? Why don't you think of yourself as other people do?"
"Can you just let me be young and think I'm nothing special? Is that too much to ask?"
"Can you just not answer my questions with a question? You know that makes me mad."
"Exactly. And talking about my future makes me mad. So how about we both stop?"
He chuckled saying, "You did it again."
"Shut the fuck up and be sweet to me. I did just lose my virginity to you."
He leaned up and kissed her cheek for a while, his slobber dripping down her chin and ultimately grossing her out. She reached her hand between her cheek and face and shoved him away from her.
"John!"
"YOU WEREN'T COMPLAINING FIVE MINUTES AGO."
And out of impulse, she laughed and kissed his lips. But there was no use in fighting her, and instead he gave in. He kissed her back, but the kiss was broken by her yet again.
"Am I sweet enough now?"
"Hardly. I'm tired, can we sleep?"
He nodded his head and let out a yawn, also emphasizing that he was tired as well. The two of them rolled over to where they were facing one another and he closed his eyes first.
"Goodnight." Noah told him.
John smiled sleepily at her and still didn't open his eyes as he told her, "Night.'
Noah went to sleep that night with a lot to think about.
She just wanted to play around while she could, not develop something for John, but she was starting to worry that that's what was going to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoop.