‹ Prequel: Blood, Sweat & Ink
Sequel: No Ordinary Love

The Real Housewives of Ink

Chapter Sixteen

Vanessa's music career kept Lydia busy, a fact she was greatful everyday for. If she was busy, at least the rage was at bay. Not at Candi-she suspected that what the bitch wanted-but at herself for how stupid she was in not checking him out first.

A simple Google search had revealed that Kyle and Candi Dunbar had never divorced.

Slowly but surely it dawned on Lydia that, perhaps, she had decided too hastily to date after the papers divorcing her from Jamie had been signed. Jamie had been indifferent to her even when they were dating. Even his marriage proposal consisted of him tossing the ring box at her and asking her to open it, with the words, "Wanna get married?"

A few hours later, they got married in Vegas.

The didn't even consumate the marriage or get a proper pair of rings-they used rings taken from a gumball machine-until two weeks after they got married.

How they lasted four years, she'd never know.

She wasn't dating anyone at the moment. Lydia had decided to let her sister believe that she was. It gave her hope, and when she had hope, she was less likely to worry. Nessie was always a worrier.

Not to say she didn't have offers. Lydia was bisexual, and there had been plenty of offers-on both sides of the gender line-to date her. James Danger and Clint Cummings were currently warring with each other over the right to date her (after that infamous 'Phoenix lady' incident on Ink Master, thought, she was against the idea of dating James), Jamie wanted her back (Lydia had laughed in his face), and Maddie and Sarah had just gotten out of terrible relationships and had broadly hinted that that they wanted to "walk the wild side". Mystical Mike had also came into the fray, apparently he had a massive crush on her. He liked bitchy women, who knew?

Even though the tattoo shop was in her name, she decided to just give it to the asshole and be done with it. No way in hell Lydia would be able to go back in there, not with all those memories. Kyle and Candi then proceeded to sell it to someone else, pocketed the money, and went back to Michigan. Good riddance, Lydia thought.

Since she was currently out of a job, she was keeping herself busy by sewing her sister's costumes. Lydia had been an avid cosplayer as a child, and had kept her hand in sewing by making outfits for herself. It wasn't the best thing to do at the moment, but it would keep her afloat until she found a new place to work at.