‹ Prequel: Blood, Sweat & Ink
Sequel: No Ordinary Love

The Real Housewives of Ink

Chapter Twenty

"What happened?!" Lydia exclaimed when Vanessa and Ami met at the resturant they were going to before hitting the club. Her sister had a black eye barely covered by makeup.

"Shithead came by," Ami replied.

Lydia didn't need any further explination. She knew who Ami meant. That incident where Dave had greeted her at their house drunk was a sign of things to come. The divorce and Vanessa's burgeoning career make things worse. Then, to add insult to injury, she had filed for full custody because of his drinking and drug use. Yoji had taken to calling him Shithead behind his back after he came to the studio blasted and made a horrifyingly racist comment about the tiny Japanese man while visiting Jonathan. The nickname stuck.

"Are you ok?" Lydia asked, concern in her voice.

"I'm fine. We called the police on him," Vanessa said, waving away the concern. "We've filled assault charges and everything.

"Are you sure?" Lydia fretted. "It still looks-"

"Drop the fucking subject!" Vanessa snapped.

She was about to argue some more when Joey stepped in.

"Honey," he cooed. "She's a big girl, let her handle it herself."

"Ok," she said quietly.

They went into the resturant and no more was said.