‹ Prequel: Blood, Sweat & Ink
Sequel: No Ordinary Love

The Real Housewives of Ink

Chapter Eight

"Careful, careful!" Kyle urged, easing Lydia out of the car into their apartment.

A few days later, the doctors had allowed the young woman to leave, but told her that she'd be having migranes for some time, gave her a perscription, and bid her adieu.

"What aren't you telling me?" Lydia blurted out. She had noticed a face had been made when Kyle was asked by Detective Rodriguez if anybody wanted her dead. She knew that face. It was the one her fiancee made when he had to lie but didn't want to.

Kyle's whole body crumbled. "My ex-wife has been contacting me again," he muttered. They hadn't heard from Candi since Lydia bought her share of Kyle's tattoo shop, and that was two years ago.

"And you didn't think to tell him?!" Lydia demanded.

"Is your car ok?" Kyle asked. "No mysteriously slashed tires, no key scratches?"

"What does that have to do with anything?" Lydia asked, exasperated.

"Because that's Candi's M.O.," Kyle explained. "If she doesn't like you, she does petty shit to you. Toilet paper your trees. Egg your house. Burning shit in a paper bag. Keying your car. Slashing your tires. Violence was never her thing. She's extremely high-maintenence, and hurting someone risks her breaking a nail or getting punched in the face."

"But why would she contact you?"

Kyle waved a dismissive hand. "Oh the usual breakup shit. I'm sorry, I miss you. Take me back."

"I believe you," Lydia said softly. "Oh, buy the way, we're still planning the wedding."

"Goddammit!"

----------------------------------

Lydia and Vanessa were at the wedding dress place, Dave sitting in the back, holding a squirming Jonathan. Wisely, she decided not to bring Kyle along. For her manly man fiancee, looking at dresses would have been torture. Besides, someone had to watch the shop.

There was a commotion as a loud, strident Midwestern accent demanding Lydia.

"You invited Mom?!" Vanessa hissed.

"She may be a bitch, but she's still our mother!" Lydia shot back. "Besides, she figured out to work Facebook. *You* try and stop her once she's made her mind up about something!"

"Oh, God, kill me now," Vanessa moaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments welcome and appreciated!

Also, I would like to randomly shill my other fanfiction, the most recently being Two Hotheads, a Sarah Miller/Mystical Mike smutty romance (for those of you into Ink Master, after all, why are you here if you aren't?)

Take it away, my esteemed co-author!