Sequel: Blood

Bluff

Perfection

Marrissa couldn't believe that this was happening. Of all things she could be doing this weekend, she was here, with Matt. It was so weird that she was nervous around him. She hadn't ever been the nervous type, but just the thought of him was enough for the butterflies in her stomach to make themselves known.

"Are you excited?" Matt asked, a grin on his face. He was already half-finished with his meal, and noticed that Marrissa hadn't taken but a few bites. He assumed that it was out of excitement, he hoped so.

She nodded. "Excited, a little bit nervous," she answered truthfully. She melted when he gave her a genuine smile, his dimples appearing in his cheeks. How was it even possible that someone could have this much of an effect on her?

He nodded in understanding. "So, how's school going?" He questioned, not wanting her to stop talking. He loved to hear her voice.

Marrissa grinned even wider, then. She could talk about school for hours on end. "It's pretty good. I mean, of coarse it has it's ups and downs but I really enjoy being there. Kor and I hang out with these two girl in or hall, they're fans of Avenged," she replied nonchalantly. She took a small sip from the glass of Pepsi next to her, setting it down carefully.

"I'll have to stop by and meet them sometime," he suggested. In truth, Matt only cared to meet these friends of hers for the simple fact that she smiled when she talked about them. It was obvious to him that Marrissa was the kind of person to help pick everyone up when they were down, no matter who they were. She was kind, and sweet, and caring. He loved that.

She simply shrugged. "If you want to. They're not crazy or anything," she commented, giggling softly.

Matt was positive that if she laughed any longer, he'd lean across the table and place a soft kiss on her lips. She was so adorable that it was almost overwhelming. He grinned. "We should probably get going, the concert starts in half an hour and we still have to check into the hotel," he said, pulling out his wallet.

"Hey," Marrissa stopped him, "You've payed for my ticket, I can pay for dinner," she said, reaching into her bag.

Matt laughed. "I'm not letting you pay, Ris," he said, placing the correct amount on the table, and leaving a few dollars as a tip. "Besides, that's what it costs to get you here, right?"

"You're mean," Marrissa grumbled, giggling, "I was just kidding, Matt. I'm going to pay for something before we head back, you can count on it," she said, standing up as he did.

He shook his head, and wrapped his arm protectively around her shoulders as they walked outside. Sometimes he wondered if his mind was fully connected to his body, because with the state his mind was in, he surely wouldn't have been able to pull off this comfortable facade.

Image

Neither of them could stop smiling as the walked up the stairs to their hotel room. What with the concert feeling still in their system, and being next to each other, it was near impossible to think of anything negative.

"That was amazing," Marrissa said, walking at a normal pace next to Matt. She adored him, there was no doubt about that. Everything from his sparkling eyes to his dimples to amazing personality. He was so perfect.

Matt nodded in agreement. "I know. We need to go to more concerts together, Ris," he stated, hoping that she'd agree. Because, if she did, it meant that there'd be future days or possibly entire weekends that the two could spend together. That thought made him quite happy.

"Yeah, we do," she said, laughing softly. She, too, saw this as somewhat of a foreshadow into the future. She could feel her cheeks turn red, but didn't mind. They normally were around Matt.

They finally reached their room, and Matt unlocked the door with the key card. The air conditioned room hit Marrissa like a ton of bricks, sending a shiver down her spine.

"I'll turn the air off," Matt said quickly, not oblivious to her uncomfortable state. He was fine with the temperature, but he couldn't stand it if she was uncomfortable. Once he did, he turned around to see Marrissa lying on the bed, her limbs outstretched.

She laughed softly as she felt his gaze on her. "I'm gonna crash so hard after this concert high," she stated. It was true, but she had a feeling she wouldn't get proper sleep until she was back in her dorm, away from the excitement that was Matt.

He laughed, and sat next to her. He took the small sliver of skin showing on her stomach to his advantage. He poked her side gently, and grinned when she flinched. "Aw, is little Rissa ticklish?" He asked, a smirk on his face.

Marrissa scoffed, chuckling softly. "What? No," she said, hesitant. She eyed Matt carefully, uncertain of what was to come next.

And, then, suddenly he was tickling both of her sides, hovering over her. She was laughing hysterically, tears pricking at her eyes. Her subconscious mind thought that it was rather healthy to cry from laughing, a little bit of a change up.

"Matt! Stop!" She laughed, struggling to catch her breath. her cheeks were red, and she was squirming beneath him, attempting to wiggle herself out of his grasp with no prevail.

And then it seemed like the entire setting had changed. Matt was no longer tickling her, but his lips were against her's lovingly. She didn't hesitate to kiss back, her sudden old-self coming back, the confidence with it. Their lips parted only when they needed to take a breath, and roughly a minute or two later, Marrissa propped herself on her elbows, the feeling of Matt's lips still lingering on her own.

"If I asked you a question, would you answer it?"

Marrissa could only nod in response, it seemed that her voice was no where to be found, lost in the heated moment the two had just had.

Matt told himself several times that it was okay to talk to her, but his stomach still turned. He wondered if it was odd for someone his size to feel such simple things with such a huge force driving them. But, still, the words wouldn't roll off of his tongue as much as he pushed them.

But, when concern laced her eyes, he knew that it was now or never.

"What if we considered this a first date? Would you be willing to think about being...together?"

Marrissa giggled softly, and nodded. She pressed her lips to his again, the feeling of want more than she could handle anymore. "Of coarse," she said between breaths, "I'd love to."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I re-wrote this a hundred times, I believe. So if there's any mistakes, it's most likely out of frustration.
Thanks to
@ NeoQueenArtemis
@ fallen_angel94
@ A7x_girl21
for recommending.
A huge thanks to
@ mrsmshadz for commenting on each chapter. You're the best, darling. xD