Sequel: Blood

Bluff

Departure

This had to be the hardest thing Kory had ever done. It was one thing to go on a trip for a few days, but leaving for more than a week would be nearly impossible to get used to.

Melody wrapped her arms around Kory's shoulders tightly, pulling her close. "I'll take care of dad, don't worry. Have fun, okay? Make sure you get your book published. And you have to come visit at least once a month. I'll even pay for your ticket! Well, dad will. But you get my point," she rambled on, her eyes watery. She promised Kory she wouldn't cry, and she was determined not to.

Laughing, Kory shook her head. "You're a good kid, ya know? Take care of him, we all know he can't do it on his own," she teased, glancing at Mason, who only chuckled in response. She didn't embrace him, neither of the two had never been affectionate in that way.

He only nodded. "Come back soon, I'll need your music expertise," he said, giving her a small smile. She nodded, and that's when Mason surrendered. He pulled her into a tight hug, his chin resting on the top of her head. She was, once again, the thirteen-year-old Kory with ridiculously long hair, small hands, and Sharpie tattoos on her arms. The one who wasn't very innocent, the one who swore like a sailor when upset and made everyone laugh at her obsession with Queen. He had to remind himself that she was older now, that her tattoos are real and she was now a college graduate. He was proud of her. More proud than he thought could be even remotely possible.

Just a few seconds later, they pulled away, sighing. "It's only for a little bit. Give it a few months and I'll be back for a while, I promise. I'm not leaving you, I already promised that," she said, giving him a reassuring smile.

"C'mon, I'll buy you a latte. You have a few minutes before the flight arrives," Melody said, knowing that if the two didn't separate now, then Kory would start crying, and if she did she'd somehow convince herself to stay in California.

Kory nodded, and let her younger sister drag her over to the small Starbucks. Melody quickly ordered a Pumpkin Spice Latte for herself, and a White Chocolate Mocha for Kory. They sat in two seats that were relatively distant from the rest of the crowd, and sipped on their drinks quietly. They didn't say anything, and both were comfortable with that. There never were any awkward silences between the two, they understood each other fairly well.

Suddenly, long, tattooed arms were wrapped around Kory's shoulders. "You're so mean," Jimmy mumbled, groaning.

She only laughed. "How am I mean?"

"You're leaving me! Before the record is even finished!" He answered, reaching to grab the plastic cup in her hand. He took a small drink, before placing it back in her hand as if he had never removed it.

"I'm not leaving forever," she stated for what seemed the thousandth time. "I'll be back. And, when I get back, we can go to Johnny's and get wasted and spend an hour trying to get Marrissa to pick us up at three in the morning." She laughed softly.

It was quiet again. Maybe no one had anything to say, maybe they just didn't want to say anything. Kory couldn't be sure. All she could think about was getting away before he arrived, if he arrived, that is. Brian wasn't going to make this even harder for her than it already was. She wouldn't allow that. She had promised herself, the second that she woke up, she wouldn't talk to him before she left. She wouldn't let him affect her that way. Not this time, anyways.

When the announcement that Kory and Marrissa's flight arrival was in only five minutes could be heard, is when Kory took it in her own hands to hug everyone. Zacky, Johnny, Matt, Mason, Melody, and Jimmy. It was heartbreaking, but she was determined to remain composed. She wouldn't allow herself to fall apart, not in front of everyone anyways.

It seemed too soon that they had to gather their luggage and depart from everyone. Kory's chest hurt, and her hands were clammy. The feeling of being sick washed over her a few times, but she used Marrissa's presence next to her to keep herself calm. She was actually rather surprised, how her face stayed so emotionless while she actually felt terrible for what she was doing. No, Kory. This is your choice. You deserve to do something for yourself. Everything will be fine.

She reminded herself a thousand times how much she wanted to do this; how much she wanted to live in a small apartment and turn caffeine into chapters of a book, to try and understand her mother better, to be happy with what she had chosen. To start new. She wanted to start new, and that's what she would do. And, in California, everything would be fine. Mason would continue to produce records, and she would buy them from across the country. Melody would take care of Mason, and continue on with her training if she wanted. Jimmy would make everyone laugh. Matt and Marrissa would be the happiest couple on the planet when she got back. Zacky would be with Gena and have cook outs at his house with the rest of the guys. Johnny would continue to be the one everyone picked on. They band would go on tour. Brian would find some beautiful, sweet, girl who made him happy without any restrictions. And Kory would be happy. She'd write a book and do whatever she could to make herself known. Clara would take care of the studio, and schedule bands so Mason wouldn't have to worry about it. Everything would be fine.

And she hoped, from the very center of her bones, that it would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter. c:
I'm actually really proud of this. At this point in time, I would change a few things but nothing that can't be worked around.
Thank you all so much for reading. It really means the world to me.
I'll have the sequel up soon. When, I'm not entirely sure, but soon.

The comments were fabulous, by the way xD;
@ AllTimeLowIsMyLife14
@ BabiiDoll103