Sequel: Blood

Bluff

Shots

"This is way cool," Marrissa gawked, grinning as she and Matt listened to some underground band he'd discorever just the night before. She had been in the studio for the past week, because Kory had been a lot clingier than normal. And, Marrissa didn't blame her; if anything she enjoyed spending time with the guys just as much as Kory did. She and Matt had gotten pretty close, though.

Grinning, Matt nodded towards Marrissa. "I know, I thought so too." He watched as she listened, a small smile on her face. There hadn't been many times where one person caught his full attention for some time, but Marrissa did every day she walked through the studio doors.

"Alright, Matt. Your turn," Mason said, giving him an apologetic smile. Nearly everyone in the studio besides Marrissa knew that Matt had a thing for the girl, and everyone who knew wished that someone would just make a move already.

He nodded and stood up, leaving his cell phone with Marrissa, and walking into the sound booth. Mason gave him a small nod when he had hit the record button, and he began singing the intro to Gunslinger.

Kory sat next to Marrissa, a smirk placed on her face. "So, what about the Matthew?" She wriggled her eyebrows playfully.

Marrissa laughed at her, shaking her head. "The Matthew?" She laughed at the thought of calling him that.

Nodding, Kory smiled. "Yeah. What's up with you two? Usually you're pretty confident and go after whoever you want. What's so different about Matt? And don't say that you don't like him, I might be scraping by in Trig but I'm not stupid," she stated, her voice mater-of-fact.

Her cheeks turned red, and Marrissa giggled softly before hiding her face in her hands. "He's...different. He's...the Matthew, and I don't know how to talk to him."

Kory thought for a moment. It seemed so odd to hear someone like Marrissa say that she wasn't sure how to approach a guy. She didn't do it often, but when she did she never had much of a problem with it. "Well, what about your party tomorrow? Invite him," Kory suggested.

"Wouldn't that seem weird, though? I mean, inviting him would make things kinda obvious, wouldn't it?" Marrissa questioned, crossing her legs over one another.

"Invite everyone," Kory shrugged simply. The party wasn't going to be huge, Marrissa wasn't really into anything like that. But Kory insisted on some type of celebration. So, a few select people were invited to a pool party at Marrissa's grandmothers, who was gone for the next few weeks visiting English relatives.

Marrissa thought about that idea for a moment. The idea wasn't half bad. The guy's could bring whoever they pleased, as long as they kept it pretty simple, and Marrissa would get to see Matt without a shirt. That thought sent a small shiver down her spine. "Fine, I'll invite them. But only if you take me out after," she negotiated, a grin on her face.

Image

"Hey, Kor? Could you get me some coffee?" Mason yawned then, running a hand down his face.

Kory nodded. Marrissa was sleeping soundly on the sofa, next to her. Brian was lounging on the floor, in front of Kory, and Zacky was repeatedly playing his guitar parts for Gunslinger, unsatisfied with everything he'd done so far.

"You've gotta come with me," Kory told Brian. "I can't reach the can on top of the fridge." Even though she had done just fine with climbing on top of the counter before, she had missed having meaningless talks with him.

He nodded simply, and walked with her down the hall way. "How old is Marrissa going to be, anyways?" He asked as they walked into the kitchen. Kory was rinsing the coffee pot, throwing away the last filter when he'd asked.

She couldn't help the small smile that formed on her face. "She's gonna be twenty-three," she answered simply. She yawned then, covering her mouth.

Brian pulled the coffee tin down from the fridge, handing it to Kory and leaning against the counter. He nodded then, watching as she worked away, her hands moving every which way. Once she had pressed the start button on the coffee machine, she leaned against the counter, crossing her arms over her chest and rubbing her biceps. "Are you cold?" he asked.

Kory shrugged. "I dunno," she replied quietly. She yawned again, and walked over to the fridge, opening the freezer and reaching all the way to the back, pulling out the off-brand vodka. She placed the bottle on the counter, reaching up and taking two shot glasses from the cupboard.

He unzipped his hoodie, pulling it off and handing it to her. "Here," he said, giving her a reassuring smile.

She slid the over-sized jacket on, zipping it up halfway and opening the bottle. "Wanna do a round with me?" She asked, smirking.

Brian shrugged, before nodding. "Sure, why not?"

She grabbed two more glasses from the cupboard, and pushed them towards Brian. She poured her own, before handing the bottle off to him. He poured his as well, and they both quickly threw them back. She grinned, and took her glasses off, placing them rather harshly onto the counter, before running her fingers through her long hair.

"You seem frustrated," he said, grabbing her glasses and toying with them.

Kory sighed then. "No, just...annoyed, really. I hate my glasses so much but I can't see shit without them." She avoided Brian's eyes, as if she knew he could have seen the insecurity in them.

He stepped closer to her then, placing her glasses back on her face and pushing a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "I think they're cute," he commented, smiling. It was obvious to him that it wasn't her glasses bothering her, but he chose not to question it and leave it be. He was then aware of exactly how close they were. And, because of the liquid confidence running through his veins, he placed a short simple kiss on her lips, pulling away quickly.

Once she had realized what had just happened, Kory caught her breath before shoving her lips against his hungrily. Her hands went to the back of his neck, tugging at the ends of his hair. She giggled softly when he lifted her onto the counter, pulling her legs around his waist.

"Kor? Are you ready to g--?" Marrissa's eyes widened, and her cheeks turned red before she buried her face in her hands. "Oh my god, I'm such a cock block. I'm so sorry, I'll just - I'll just go." She rambled about, before quickly heading back to the studio.

Kory couldn't help but laugh as she hopped off of the counter, pouring a cup of coffee for Mason and putting a plastic lid on the cup. "I think I've gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow, at the party, right?"

Brian nodded, before giving Kory a small smile. He watched her walk away then, running his tongue along his lip. If only she knew how the stupid little things she did effected him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? :D
Thanks to
@ mrsmshadz (and recommending)
@ Metalwhore
for commenting c: