Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 1

18 year old Noelle Dominquez woke up to the shrill sound of her alarm going off. She groaned and rolled over to turn it off. The clock read 6:30. School started in about a hour. She rubbed her eyes and got up. A knock came.

"Noelle you up?" Their maid Cynthia asked.

"Yes I am." She answered.

"Well hurry up and get ready breakfast is ready." She announced.

"Okay." She said. Noelle turned on the shower waiting for it to get warm. Another day of school she thought unenthusiastically. Another day of being surrounded by a bunch of close minded shallow people.

Noelle got in and started to wash herself. Sometimes Noelle despised the fact she was rich. Because of this and the fact she was an only child. People outside her social status thought she was spoiled and conceited. When in actuality she wasn't. Noelle was the complete opposite of the pompous self centered kids she hung around with.

All the girls talked about was the lastest gossip. Something she had no interest in whatsoever. Or about who has the cheapest or ugliest looking sweater or shoes. Noelle didn't think it was funny making fun of those who weren't as fortunate It wasn't their fault.

Noelle got dressed in her clothes that were set out by Cynthia. The same old white button shirt and gray plaid skirt with Mary Janes. How she hated it! Her mom always said that she should be conservative and ladylike. Even so Noelle wish to wear a tank top or a denim skirt like the "roughens" did. But her mom wouldn't allow it. Her mom had practically had a heart attack when Noelle wanted to buy a cheetah print bra. She didn't see what the big deal was it wasn't like anyone was going to see it.

After dressing she did in her in a high braided ponytail. Grabbed her bag and purse and walked down stairs.

"Morning mom and dad." She said.

"Morning honey." They said in unison.

Noelle sat down and began to eat the hot cereal and sasuage Cynthia had made.

"Noelle as you know this Saturday is my garden club meeting." Her mom said.

Noelle internally groaned. How she hated her moms garden club meetings. All the ladies did were gossip and drink tea all day. Alot of them came across as false sugar. Being so obviously fake it made her sick. Nothing fun in the slightest.

"Yes mother I know." She said.

"Well Miss Sparks is bringing her son Andrew with her." She said.

Noelles stomach sank. Miss Sparks was a woman who had her nose so high in the air if it rained she'd drown. Her son was no better. For the longest her mother tried to get them together. Noelle told her mom time and time again she didn't like him. Her mom payed no attention. As usual she thought.

"Doesn't that sound great?" Her mom said with a big small.

Noelle tried to return the smile. "Sure mom I have to get going." Noelle said.

"Of course of a good day hon." Her mom said.

"Thanks mom bye dad." She said with a waved.

"Bye." Her dad said not looking up.

She sighed and exited the house. She started the 15 mintue walk to school. She was not looking forward to this Saturday. Sometimes she just wanted to crawl into a hole. Or run away. Away from all the fakeness, the gossip, the strict demanding parents. Freedom. That's what she wanted more than anything else. The freedom to do what she wanted and choose who she wanted to be with. She sighed and continued walking to school.

Just outside of town a man on a motercycle approached. The man stopped at the sign. Taking his helmet off to get a better look. He wore eye shadow, a nose ring, and spiky hair. Barda population 467 it read.

He smiled. Small town not that many people. Nobody will recognize you here Gates. He thought. He put his helmet back on and rode into the town