Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 13

Noelle woke up the next morning well rested. Her good mood was shattered when she remembered her parents would be coming home tonight. On top of that tomorrow was her moms Garden Club meeting.

Oh joy she thought sarcastically.

She got up, showered, and dressed in a red sweater, with a black skirt and black leggings.

She went down to find a platter of fresh blueberry muffins.

"Morning Cyndi." She said taking a muffin and buttering it.

"Morning Noelle." Cynthia said pouring her a glass of orange juice. "Your parents come home tonight."

"I know." Noelle said unenthusiastic.

"You don't sound happy about it." Cynthia said.

"I'm not Cynthia." Noelle said. "Honestly I like when their not here." "They expect and demand so much from me to the point I don't feel like I'm their daughter."

Cynthia nodded in understanding.

"On top of that the Garden Club meeting is tomorrow and pickle face is going to be there." Noelle said groaning.

"That Andrew fellow." Cynthia said wrinkling her face. "He is an unpleasant fellow."

"Exactly but mom still tries to get us together." Noelle said. "She doesn't care about what I want."

"You have to make her listen Noelle." Cynthia said "You're eighteen legally an adult you're old enough to make your own decisions." "Make them listen even when they try to interrupt you."

At that moment there was a knock at the door. Cynthia got up to answer it when she returned she had a smile on her and Jimmy following her.

"Hi Jimmy." Noelle said smiling.

"Hello Noelle looking gorgeous as usual." Jimmy said making Noelle blush.

"How are you Cynthia?" Jimmy asked.

"I'm good Jimmy and you may call me Cyndi." She said still smiling. "Help yourself." She said gesturing to the muffins.

"Thanks." Jimmy said taking a muffin. "You ready Noelle?"

Noelle nodded and grabbed her red jacket. "Bye Cythia."

"Bye Noelle and Jimmy." Cynthia said laughing at Jimmy who grabbed another muffin.

They walked out the house and walked to Julias house.

"Cynthias hell of a cook Noelle." Jimmy said finishing his muffin.

"You need to try her double fudge chocolate cake." Noelle said grinning.

They arrived at Julias house with Jimmy lifting Noelle up as he ran up the steps.

Noelle laughed and ringed the doorbell. Helen answered.

"Good morning Miss Noelle and Mr. Sullivan." Helena said with a warm smile.

"Morning Helen is Julia ready?" Noelle asked.

"She's almost done with breakfast." She said. "You two come in to warm up it's freezing out there."

Before they could protest Helen ushered then in leading to the dining room where Julia and her mother sat.

"Hi Ellie!" Julia said getting up to hug her.

"What about my hug?" Jimmy asked feigning hurt. Julia laughed and gave him a hug as well.

"Julia who's this?" Her mother asked looking at the strange you g man hugging her daughter.

"Um mom this is Jimmy." Julia said nervously.

"Jimmy the same young man who stood up to Eden?" Her mother asked. "The same one you're hanging out with now?"

"Sure is." Jimmy said. "And Mrs. Carson Eden deserved it for always saying mean things about Julia."

Mrs. Carson was stunned at Jimmys boldness.

"Well we should be going." Noelle said breaking the uncomfortable silence.

Julia nodded and grabbed her jacket and bag.

"Bye mom." She said waving to her mom who sat there with a blank face.

When they got outside they continued walking to school.

"I think I made a good impression on you mother Julia." Jimmy said smiling.

"Yeah you shocked her into silence." Julia said laughing.

"Jimmy where's Brian at?" Noelle asked.

"He's around." Jimmy answered a smile slowly forming. "Why?"

"Just wondering." Noelle said.