Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 14

As they neared the school Jimmy started slow dancing with both girls. He spinner both of them then dipped both causing them to laugh. Their happy mood were shattered at the sight of the familiar unpleasant blonde standing in front of their lockers.

"What do you want Eden?" Noelle asked in no mood to deal with the snobby blonde.

"How rude Noelle." Eden said.

"I'm not going to be nice to a rude person." Noelle said getting her books.

"You two losers going out now?" She asked eyeing Jimmy and Julia with disdain.

"Why you jealous?" Julia asked as Jimmy kissed her forehead.

"As if!" Eden said. "I just wanted to see if y'all two changed your minds about hanging with him."

"Hell no!" Noelle said. "We're done with you Eden and we've had more fun with Jimmy than you."

Noelle slammed her locker shut and walked away with Jimmy and Julia. Leaving Eden standing there with a surprised look.

Lunch time finally rolled around.

"So what are y'all doing this weekend?" Jimmy asked poking Julias small hairbow.

"Nothing except straighten up my room." Julia said.

Jimmy nodded and turned to Noelle.

"My mom is hosting the Garden Club Meeting." Noelle said. "I have to attend unfortunately."

"Is it really that bad?" Jimmy asked genieuly curious.

"You have no idea." Noelle said. "I have to be all proper and listen to all the boring ass gossip, wear a skirt or dress that's so damn fitted and tight I can barely move my legs." "Then the ladies are so fake it's worse than high school."

"I just wish there was someway for me to escape it." Noelle said.

"Maybe there is." Jimmy said a smirk growing.

"What do you mean Jimmy?" Noelle asked.

"You'll find out." Jimmy said.

Noelle looked at Julia who shrugged her shoulders in confusion. During the walk home Jimmy said nothing about what he meant earlier.

Noelle arrived to find her parents home.

"Noelle." Her mom said hugging her. "Are you excited about tomorrow?"

"Sure mom." Noelle said managing a smile. She glanced at Cynthia who gave her a sympathetic smile.

At through dinner all her mom talked about was tomorrow and Andrew. Her dad sat there silent as usual. Noelke excused herself saying she was tired.

In actuality she didn't want to talk of think about tomorrow at all. Still dreading it she fell asleep.

Noelle was awokened by Cynthia opening the curtains. She groaned and turned over burying her face in the pillow.

"I hate it as much as you but you had to get up Noelle." Cynthia said.

Noelle opened one eyeball yawning before getting up and showering.

She dressed in a black skirt and white button down shirt that Cynthia had laid out for her complete with black pumps.

Noelle groaned how she hated wearing shoes that hurt your feet and gave you corns.

Cynthia sat her down styling her hair into elegant curls with a small clip on the side. Noelle sighed heavily.

"Maybe it won't be so bad." Cynthia said giving Noelle a hug.

"Thanks Cyndi but I doubt it." Noelle said as the doorbell rang. She walked downstairs to greet the first guests.

Noelle sat in a sun chair trying not to fall asleep to Mrs. Tanners chatter about the new car her husband had purchased. Noelle excused herself to get lemonade for the eleventh something time.

It's a wonder I'm not pissing on myself she thought. At that moment her mom came over grabbing her arm.

"Noelle, Andrew is here." Her mom said dragging her over to Mrs. Sparks and Andrew.

"Hello Noelle." Mrs. Sparks said in that fake sugary voice of hers.

"Mrs. Sparks." Noelle said politely. "Andrew." She nodded in his direction.

"Let's leave these two alone." Noelles mom said walking away with Mrs. Sparks.

"So what are you up to Andrew?" Noelle asked.

"Oh you know the usual learning dads business and reminding the lower ones who they're superiors are." He answered.

"The lower ones?" Noelle asked.

Andrew rolled his eyes. "You know those that are trashy and poor."

This made Noelle mad. "Some people can't help that they're not as fortunate."

"Well if they tried harder maybe they would get somewhere with their pathetic lives." He answered.

"As rich as you are maybe you could buy some manners." Noelle said getting up.

She was disgusted. Lower ones? Superiors? God how arrogant could a person be?

At that moment there was a scream. Noelle heard an engine revving. She turned to see a man clad in black riding a motorcycle ride into the meeting causing chaos.

The ladies screamed and jumped to get out the way. The guy stopped in the middle looking around. His eyes landed on Noelle.

Noelle looked closely at the rider. "Brian?" She whispered.

Without warning he rode over to Noelle grabbing her putting her on the bike then rode out the meeting.